Home

Just your average RTTP game?

This is a discussion on Just your average RTTP game? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Just your average RTTP game?

Guess in the next game I improved dramatically on defense. The fact remains. Everyone plays like this and most of the time gets awarded ( or else they wouldn't play like this) The game turns into a NBA JAM or something. Doesn't matter if I win or lose. I do not enjoy. Don't you face same issues?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg another sim.jpg (288.5 KB, 68 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #66
Banned

Good job dude. Clearly you were closing out and running him off the line. Well done. Nice to see you improving defensively so quick.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:43 PM   #67
MVP

I would never enjoy a game like this regardless if I win or lose. It is NBA JAM
Old 04-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #68
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I would never enjoy a game like this regardless if I win or lose. It is NBA JAM
Clearly, you haven't played a lot of NBA Jam. 3 pointers in that game were really hard to hit. It was much more about taking it inside and dunking. Until you were on fire, then you had the green light from anywhere.

Source: 6th on the leader-board at local arcade for NBA Jam Tournament Edition in 1994
Old 04-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #69
MVP

so even worse. At least NBA Jan was not claiming to be "sim"
Old 04-12-2015, 06:22 AM   #70
Rookie

Had another classic 2k experience today.

I became a regular player since I finished all the offline MyTeam modes. I was lucky enough to benefit from the 25k MT reward for completing collections (on 1 account) so I have a stacked team.

I love to play sim basketbal and run plays. Worked my way to the 3rd seed and demolished alot of players that use gameplay exploits (had to replay the 4th seed once).

Took a short break since I'm not really into online modes (for all the known reasons). I was bored the last few days so I decided to picked up RTTP again and see if I could beat the 3rd seed.

My team:
Sapphire Oscar / Sapphire Stockton
Ruby Klay / Onyx Allen
Diamond Durant / Ruby Pippen
Ruby aldridge / Sapphire Hakeem
Sapphire Wilt / Sapphire Russell

Got a couple losses where I just played bad. Lost in my 6th game to a zigzag 3pt spammer who scored 23/28 from downtown. Really frustratin.

I won 7/11 so I had to win my last game to advance to seed 2. Never used attribute boosts so I decided to give every rotation player one for this important game. His roster was not very good. Classic gold Lebron, Durant, Harden, Wall, George,... with Ruby Cousins at center. I was in good shape.

I won the tip off so I was ready to call my first play. Ofcourse out of my last 10 million games, this was the one where the server loaded a wrong playbook. Like really 2k? Why?

Decided to play from the post and got hit by the collision animations. Used some good moves, got open looks, but 2k decided to let the other player jump on me (without a foul) so I would throw up an unbalanced crazy shot. Same story for the first 4 post actions with Sapphire Hakeem and Ruby Aldridge.

Meanwhile my opponent grabs the rebound, runs the fastbreak and got 2 alley-oops and 2 contested fastbreak 3's with gold John Wall. That's a 10 - 0 run to start the game, 2 minutes played.

Changed my POE to slow down his game and limit transition and 3pt shooting. Nothing worked. He baseline cheesed me with gold Wall and PG (over Wilt, Hakeem, whoever,...), zigzag cheesed me at the 3pt line to go 15 for 19 from downtown. Used off and on-ball defence, nothing worked. His gold George finished with 8/9 3pt shooting.

Meanwhile I could not hit ANY open shot with Klay or Allen, missed 2 consecutive open layups with Diamond Durant, a fastbreak dunk with Pippen,...

So I lost by 20 and have to restart the 3rd.

/end rant
Old 04-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #71
MVP

this guy will haunt my 2k dreams for ever
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 53 3 points small.jpg (102.2 KB, 33 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 02:12 PM   #72
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
this guy will haunt my 2k dreams for ever
He won because of all the offensive boards he got, getting more fastbreak points despite being the one to shoot tons of 3s, and handling the ball better. You were much better at getting to the rim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »