Home

So.... Defense Doesn't Matter Anymore

This is a discussion on So.... Defense Doesn't Matter Anymore within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: So.... Defense Doesn't Matter Anymore

So guys sorry, but do you think this is normal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg simulation game.jpg (282.8 KB, 63 views)
Old 04-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
So guys sorry, but do you think this is normal?
Considering he got 22 assists on 26 FGs, you probably played awful defense and left shooters open.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty521
Considering he got 22 assists on 26 FGs, you probably played awful defense and left shooters open.
There is this caveat...yes....but thats not his argument.

he's talking sim vs not sim. hoisting that many 3s is ridiculous. but again, his defense could have been awful
Old 04-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #20
MVP

Ok, whatever you say, I am a lousy defender. It doesn't even make sense. Yes he was a good passer, with many catch and shoot situations. But shooting 80% of your shoots as 3's means that you are definitely forcing some. Having 50% doesn't seem a bit too awarding for you? Have you seen many teams making 50% of 3 points in a game were 80% is 3 point shoots?
Old 04-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Ok, whatever you say, I am a lousy defender. It doesn't even make sense. Yes he was a good passer, with many catch and shoot situations. But shooting 80% of your shoots as 3's means that you are definitely forcing some. Having 50% doesn't seem a bit too awarding for you? Have you seen many teams making 50% of 3 points in a game were 80% is 3 point shoots?
No, it's obviously not normal, but I have to say that I don't have any of these problems playing RTTP. Im on the PS4, so I played with the patch already longer now. I never had a game where my opponent managed to only abuse 3s. If they did, I knew what he would do after the first quarter so I could easily defend and bring his % down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #22
MVP

FYI this IS his percentage down. He had 75% in first half. I adjusted then and closed the gap until 4th quarter where he knocked 3 straight 3s. But this is not the debate here. It is not if I am good defender or even a good player. It is the fact that someone can play a game like this and wins. I can show you a printsceen of my next game as well were the opponent shot 18 3s in the first hal. I was up by 8 and he quit after. It is not an argument over me. it is a cry from help from 2k. These type of players are becoming more and more. The game is a 3 point fest. This has to be stopped because the game is not enjoyable. I am currently in seed 2, but if these goes on I might as well stop playing the game. My last 4 games were ALL like this

To be honest I don't really care if I win or lose this type of game. Even If I win, I am not enjoying. It is a gamebreaker for me. I don't care if I am loust or good or anything. It is my first year playing 2k. It is just not normal

Last edited by kabamaru; 04-03-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #23
MVP

So in this game I won.
Doesn't change anything, neither I improved dramatically from another game to the other. It just that the opponent didn't hit so many shots (partially luck)
The fact that he plays like this however means that most times he gets awarded or else he wouldn't play. The game is not enjoyable
Attached Images
File Type: jpg another sim.jpg (288.5 KB, 61 views)
Old 04-05-2015, 07:16 PM   #24
Rookie

AdmiralAckbar's Arena

Re: post-patch defense

Yeah, just found this out first hand going against a zig zag, baseline, fake post-up cheeser all in one game. I surprisingly won by 1 but damn, the game feels unplayable more than ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »