Home

So.... Defense Doesn't Matter Anymore

This is a discussion on So.... Defense Doesn't Matter Anymore within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
post-patch defense

I'm on XB1, just got the patch, and I guess for the patch they decided to make this game on Semi-Pro difficulty and turn up the 3 point sliders to 50,000. This game just reverted back to like 2K13. Impossible to win while playing on-ball D now, and good defensive players are now rendered useless. Good god 2K

EDIT: So after playing a few more games, let me revise what I said - defense is still effective but you need to close much tighter on shots. However, it's just much, much easier to score and make 3s. The good thing is it forces people to play on-ball defense. If you play off-ball D, I'm gonna drain a 3. And, I can finally shoot with Melo! and even Curry lol
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)

Last edited by Lucretius8; 04-03-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: So.... Defense Doesn't Matter Anymore

The 3 point ratings were unaffected, except that broken releases were fixed. On-ball D is much more powerful and necessary than pre-patch now.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

There's been more good shot defense grades go in since the patch (PS4) than I seen in all the time before it. It's really absurd.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
The 3 point ratings were unaffected, except that broken releases were fixed. On-ball D is much more powerful and necessary than pre-patch now.

I don't know what game you're playing but I just ran several matches and unless you're right up on your man the result is a green release 3 pointer. This means they either hit the 3 or blow right past you. And shot contest is way less effective now.

As for "fixed broken releases", releases were never broken pre-patch, it was just much harder to get correct timing. Now it's so easy a baby could it

EXPONENTIAL CHEESE
Steph Curry (MVP)

Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 04-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
MVP

Qno you are wrong.
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ooting-system/
Wide open slider moved from 40 to 60
Stepback freeze is really the best badge to have now

Last edited by kabamaru; 04-02-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 06:05 PM   #6
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretius8
I don't know what game you're playing but I just ran several matches and unless you're right up on your man the result is a green release 3 pointer. This means they either hit the 3 or blow right past you. And shot contest is way less effective now.

As for "fixed broken releases", releases were never broken pre-patch, it was just much harder to get correct timing. Now it's so easy a baby could it

EXPONENTIAL CHEESE
Shot contest is much more effective now. You gotta do it yourself (right stick/Y), auto contest/L2/off-ball doesn't cut it. Many players find that the're not as good on D as they thought they were.

And many releases were broken as it was impossible to get perfect releases with them on the higher difficulties (SS/HoF Sim).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Qno you are wrong.
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ooting-system/
Wide open slider moved from 40 to 60
Stepback freeze is really the best badge to have now
No I'm not, 3s were left untouched. Beluba said that as well, this is only for midrange shots. See here.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Shot contest is much more effective now. You gotta do it yourself (right stick/Y), auto contest/L2/off-ball doesn't cut it. Many players find that the're not as good on D as they thought they were.

And many releases were broken as it was impossible to get perfect releases with them on the higher difficulties (SS/HoF Sim).

No I'm not, 3s were left untouched. Beluba said that as well, this is only for midrange shots. See here.

I play strict on-ball D and I'm not seeing what you're describing. Even if I'm not as good as I think I am, on-ball D should still appear more effective by your logic, and I'm just not seeing that, not even close
Steph Curry (MVP)

Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 04-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo

Hadn't noticed that.Don't know how to defend it. I know for surethat in allmy games, bothme and my opponent getmuch higher % on 3 point %. I shot between 60-70% every game while I used to shot at about 40-50 an now I play on seed 2, even bigger than was before patch

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »