Home

Community Bracket/Tournament Idea

This is a discussion on Community Bracket/Tournament Idea within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2015, 07:42 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Community Bracket/Tournament Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
Honestly, if people are scared to sign up, that's on them. Just looking at the guys that comment here regularly, I'd say about 90% of them have a good enough team to run unrestricted. You can't cater to the minority and ruin it for the majority.

Also, rules on defense? Are we really going to nit pick that much? Especially when you can't tell for sure on XB1 if they're playing off ball.

I think this is starting to get out of hand. Do we want to have some fun in a tournament that's for nothing more than bragging rights? Or do we want to muck it up with so many rules that every game is subject to ridicule and scrutiny?

Let's just play already.

Personally if we're not at least playing with zig zag cheese and baseline dunk cheese banned then I have no interest in this at all. So count me out. I have no intention on playing with a bunch of cheesers.

I don't care that much about the bench restrictions. I just think the majority of people don't have a beast lineup and won't sign up if they're going against the entire hall of fame.

Don't really care about off ball defense either, I'll just play off ball if they play off ball and play on ball when they play on ball. Keeps it fair.

To summarise; I don't care about bench restrictions or off ball D. I was just thinking of other people (because I'm not a selfish prick like some of you). But I do care about baseline and zig zag cheese. So if those last two things are in, I'm out.

Last edited by MikeGSW; 04-07-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #50
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Personally if we're not at least playing with zig zag cheese and baseline dunk cheese banned then I have no interest in this at all. So count me out. I have no intention on playing with a bunch of cheesers.

I don't care that much about the bench restrictions. I just think the majority of people don't have a beast lineup and won't sign up if they're going against the entire hall of fame.

Don't really care about off ball defense either, I'll just play off ball if they play off ball and play on ball when they play on ball. Keeps it fair.

To summarise; I don't care about bench restrictions or off ball D. I was just thinking of other people (because I'm not a selfish prick like some of you). But I do care about baseline and zig zag cheese. So if those last two things are in, I'm out.
Well I did put into the rules cheesing is disallowed. This includes Zig-zagging etc. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the community already heavily frowns upon Zig-zagging. I've never seen a post on here where anybody has said "then I Zig-zagging into open 3 balls the whole 4th and came back from a 14 point deficit." It's an honor system so we would just have to be fair. There's no point setting up a multi-million dollar judicial video review submarine in NJ or anything like that.

TLDR: Excessive cheesing is disallowed through the use of an honor system.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 04-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW

You're definitely in the minority. Most people just want to play. There would be more than enough sign-ups, rules or no rules

Pretty sure anybody who exploits like crazy is gonna get shamed to death on these forums lol
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)

Last edited by Lucretius8; 04-07-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretius8
You're definitely in the minority. Most people just want to play. There would be more than enough sign-ups, rules or no rules

Pretty sure anybody who exploits like crazy is gonna get shamed to death on these forums lol
Did you take a poll? Just wondering how you know I'm "definitely" in the minority and what most people want?

Time will tell.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #53
Rookie

How bout we look to get this started now, guys? I'm more than ready.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #54
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Alright folks I have a signup list for the PS4 tournament going. The link is below, and the page should include everything you need to know. You should use your PSN ID as your name, and just provide an email to receive updates. I don't think the emails are made public. There are 64 total slots, and I have said before we just need a multiple of 4 to signup (8, 16, 32, 64). If we end up floating around 40 signups or something we will take the first 32 first come first serve.

Signups will last at least another week (Until 4/14) at minimum to make sure everyone gets a chance to join. If we have at least 32 at this point, I will make the bracket and games can start. Share it to all your friends!

Please note that my PSN ID is signed up twice, but I am not playing twice. My brother and I share the same 2k account, and he will be participating also.

http://www.jooners.com/guest?l=01aa4...6-644945507943

I will also post this as its own thread in case people don't come back to this thread. Somebody feel free to steal my template for the X1 version if you so desire.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 04-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #55
Rookie

Chadillac110's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm interested to play on the XB1

Gamertag is Take Notes 011

Plus if anybody needs help organizing the tourney I can help out
Colts
Ducks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

i signed up. I don't comment regularly but im always on OS. looking forward to rocking the tournament with the ps4 guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »