Home

How to stop this from happening? (Undesirable motion)

This is a discussion on How to stop this from happening? (Undesirable motion) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to stop this from happening? (Undesirable motion)

So here I am in a 3-2/space the floor set with Jordan on the perimeter. I am running a simple Punch post up play here.

Jordan passes it it into the post to Howard

Instead of standing behind the 3 point line to provide howard with a bailout option in case Lebron goes for the double team, MJ cuts across the basket to the other side.

Now Howard gets double teamed by Lebron and Ellis, with no perimeter shooter to pass to. All he can really do here is pass to Faried, which is not what I want.

Stuff I have already tried:
-Running different sets. triangle, pace, swing, whatever. They all do the same thing. it's so annoying.
-Using different players as the perimeter passer.
-Changing POE's.

This is driving me crazy. Why can't he just stay put?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How to stop this from happening? (Undesirable motion)

If you're running a specific play out of your playbook, the motion might just be part of the play
Old 04-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1882
If you're running a specific play out of your playbook, the motion might just be part of the play
Seems like if I do Patient Offense and Get Shooters Open, my chances improve, especially on manual post ups.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbandy10
So here I am in a 3-2/space the floor set with Jordan on the perimeter. I am running a simple Punch post up play here.

Jordan passes it it into the post to Howard

Instead of standing behind the 3 point line to provide howard with a bailout option in case Lebron goes for the double team, MJ cuts across the basket to the other side.

Now Howard gets double teamed by Lebron and Ellis, with no perimeter shooter to pass to. All he can really do here is pass to Faried, which is not what I want.

Stuff I have already tried:
-Running different sets. triangle, pace, swing, whatever. They all do the same thing. it's so annoying.
-Using different players as the perimeter passer.
-Changing POE's.

This is driving me crazy. Why can't he just stay put?

Not sure if you know this by now but you can bring up the play call icons then choose jordan then press right stick towards that area and he will stay there or run back there. Also when you catch in the post move away from the basket and make lebron choose to double the post or a free cutting MJ to the basket(alley oops as well).

If you are doing the Domination post assist spam for MT then just make your move as soon as he gets the ball.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 04-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #5
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Left on d-pad, change from motion to space the floor
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #6
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
Not sure if you know this by now but you can bring up the play call icons then choose jordan then press right stick towards that area and he will stay there or run back there. Also when you catch in the post move away from the basket and make lebron choose to double the post or a free cutting MJ to the basket(alley oops as well).

If you are doing the Domination post assist spam for MT then just make your move as soon as he gets the ball.
I thought this was broken and didn't work this year?

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 AM   #7
Rookie

I didn't think it was broken. I don't really use it but I could've sworn i used it a couple times since October. I have to test when i get home.
Still the cut to the paint could mean big points for the cutter if you pass it to him.

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 04-28-2015, 08:12 AM   #8
Rookie

Or if you have the ps4 you can swipe the touch pad left as soon as you catch in the post to alert teammates to stay away from you to let you work.

Let me work, Please, Let me work.-Loaded Lux

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »