Home

Curious why Post fades are more successful than post hooks.

This is a discussion on Curious why Post fades are more successful than post hooks. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2015, 03:04 AM   #9
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Curious why Post fades are more successful than post hooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvislegend
Gold Dirk Nowitzki, who's extremely undervalued in the AH by the way, his post fadeaway on the right block is so freaking deadly. It's a guaranteed bucket every time. If you call for the quick post up play with Dirk on the right side, dump the ball to him and isolate, you can nail his post fadeaway jumpshot by hitting the right analog stick to the right and hitting the shot button every single time. He's a big reason why I beat one of the toughest challenges in the game, the LD2k Laker Challenge. Even with a slightly late release, you can nail that post fadeaway jumper. It's arguably the biggest glitch in the game next to the Wilt Chamberlain shimmy post fadeaway from NBA 2K13.
Well being a Mavs fan myself it wasn't too hard to save up for an Onyx Nowitzki. Though I had so many fits trying to get his shot release perfect by trying to judge his super fast meter. I finally realized that I had to look at his body in motion rather than the meter itself. Ever since, his Fader has been money.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Gold Dirk can even hit that post fade on Pink Diamond Shaq which is insane. It definitely gives strength to the argument that the post fades are more successful in this game than post hooks. I'm never really in the post too deep to do a post hook anyway, I think you need to have at least one foot in the paint to even attempt a post hook. I think with the right player, post hooks can also be money in this game. There's no shot release timing for it, I would imagine it would go in anytime with a player whose post play ratings are in the 90s. I'm going to look into getting some of the cheaper gold center options whose post ratings are high and give the post hook game a shot.

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns
Old 04-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvislegend
Gold Dirk can even hit that post fade on Pink Diamond Shaq which is insane. It definitely gives strength to the argument that the post fades are more successful in this game than post hooks. I'm never really in the post too deep to do a post hook anyway, I think you need to have at least one foot in the paint to even attempt a post hook. I think with the right player, post hooks can also be money in this game. There's no shot release timing for it, I would imagine it would go in anytime with a player whose post play ratings are in the 90s. I'm going to look into getting some of the cheaper gold center options whose post ratings are high and give the post hook game a shot.
My onyx kaman has a 94 post hook rating yet he makes it only like half of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #12
MVP

Post hook is definitely most difficult than post fade. Post fade with correct timing is unmarkable. If you face a player who can use Ruby Aldridge post fade you are in deep ****
Old 04-12-2015, 03:44 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Post hook is definitely most difficult than post fade. Post fade with correct timing is unmarkable. If you face a player who can use Ruby Aldridge post fade you are in deep ****
Yep picked him up for 28k and his post fade is money. Might give one of the Nowitzki's a try but not sure I'm going to like him as much.

Fades create more separation. I see alot of people just trying to back down and expect a hook to go in with the defence in perfect position. I score alot of my hooks if I manage to get my opponent off balance. I love the post game this year. It feels so automatic and instinctive. Need to get rid of the bull**** bump animation in the post though...

Last edited by Infreno; 04-12-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:22 PM   #14
Banned

My biggest complaint about the post game is when you get a defender off their feet but they knock the ball out of your hands on the way back down. Really annoying.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:34 AM   #15
MVP

I believe the post game is broken. I use hakeem for post fades and he can pretty well hit them all. I have other great centers but they only have high hook stats and they cant sink them to save their life. Even close. The only way i can score with pink shaq is to do some type of fake to get wide open. And sometimes the computer still gets there to make shaq do some ****ing stupid animation and lose control and completely fall over. Like as if that ever happened once in his career

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #16
Rookie

Post hooks are sort of nerfed because of the sliders for it being weak, I agree. And as for Shaq, just use the double tap spin move and bowl over the opponents. Altho I'd be careful doing it in the HOF challenges because even CPU opponents IN THE AIR get charge calls!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »