Home

Got 600K MT to spend

This is a discussion on Got 600K MT to spend within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Got 600K MT to spend

So my team is pretty much done. I've been selling off my collection and stuff and now I'm just looking for one or two players to finish off my roster.

Looking for some advice on who to buy... here's all the info you need about MyTeam and my style of play.

My starting 5;

Ruby Stephen Curry
Onyx Richmond
Onyx Iguodala
Onyx Tim Duncan
Sapphire Olajuwon

Bench;

Onyx J-Rich
Ruby Klay
Ruby Aldridge
Sapphire D.J
Emerald Draymond
Ruby Millsap
Ty Lawson.

+Filler.

I'm currently in the 3rd seed. Highest I've been is 2nd.

I have guys like Diamond Lillard and Diamond Durant but don't really like their animations much aside from Durant fade. (I wish I could sell them).

My style of play;

1. Post offense. I love running plays for my post guys and just playing in the post in general. But I think I have enough post guys so I'm not interested in getting another.

2. Pick and roll. I run a lot of pick and fade with 1-4 and 2-4. Usually Mitch + stretch 4 or Steph + Stretch 4. I like having the option to drive off the pick, spot up or kick it out to my stretch 4 and use them sort of like a safety valve.

3. Swing motion. I only use this for about 4-5minutes per game. Usually my line up during swing is; Curry - Klay - Iguodala - Green - Aldridge

So... any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Got 600K MT to spend

ruby Tim & Saph Mullin

XB1
Old 04-16-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
Rookie

HellaKeller's Arena

Tmac or die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Ruby Payton (dimers version)
Old 04-16-2015, 08:40 PM   #5
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Onyx Oscar/ Onyx Nash/ Onyx Billups for ur bench PG

Ruby Lebron could work as a stretch 4, and he has a 94 post fade. However you said you don't want more bigs.

I'd mostly suggest the PG's above, or trying to get used to Lillard. He is an absolute beast for me.

Or get Onyx Fro J or one of the MJ's (90-91 or 92-93). That would eat up around 450-500k MT though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #6
QNo
MVP

I don't really see how Ruby Curry fits into your offense. He's not great defensively, I'd only start someone like that if you run your offense through him. He doesn't seem to get many touches so I'd recommend someone else. This someone is Onyx Oscar. He can do everything, defend any 1-3, runs the PnR really well and does all the little things. He frequently has like 10P/6A/4R/1S/1B for me, he's the guy you never notice but who plays well every game. He's a great finisher and passer, so really good for the PnR.His shot is a bit slow but he will make open 3s consistently.

LeBron is an obvious choice to run the PnR with as well, for similar reasons. Also a great defender. I would probably get Sapph. Wilt as a backup center, he seems to be the best defensive 5 and rebounder in the game. Sapph. MJ is also fantastic, I'd certainly start him over Iggy. Low shooting ratings but his form is so easy that he rarely misses, even from 3.

If you want some top cards, one of the good MJs or Dr. J are probably your best bet. I don't have either but it's noticable that they're a level above everyone else every time I play them. T-Mac is also an option, as he's a great pull-up shooter.

If you've been in the 2nd seed you've got Sapph. PG13, right? I sold my Iggy when I got him, I like him better. Careful though, since Onyx Mitch has volume shooter as well.

Onyx Artest is a better version of Draymond, he's a nice to have guy at the end of your bench. I sub him in anytime I play someone I can't stop, or start him if my opponent has a good MJ.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
Pro

2 guys for 600k?

Ruby Harden & Yao
Old 04-17-2015, 05:21 AM   #8
Banned

Any opinions on the various LeBron cards? Or Onyx Dr J?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
Onyx Oscar/ Onyx Nash/ Onyx Billups for ur bench PG

Ruby Lebron could work as a stretch 4, and he has a 94 post fade. However you said you don't want more bigs.

I'd mostly suggest the PG's above, or trying to get used to Lillard. He is an absolute beast for me.

Or get Onyx Fro J or one of the MJ's (90-91 or 92-93). That would eat up around 450-500k MT though.
Grabbed Onyx Billups for 30k. Going to try him out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I don't really see how Ruby Curry fits into your offense. He's not great defensively, I'd only start someone like that if you run your offense through him. He doesn't seem to get many touches so I'd recommend someone else. This someone is Onyx Oscar. He can do everything, defend any 1-3, runs the PnR really well and does all the little things. He frequently has like 10P/6A/4R/1S/1B for me, he's the guy you never notice but who plays well every game. He's a great finisher and passer, so really good for the PnR.His shot is a bit slow but he will make open 3s consistently.
Curry was more for the swing motion and he works well as a distraction. A lot of people overplay him defensively and even double team him from like 30 feet out, which creates a lot of easy shots for my big men.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »