Home

Best Sapphire players that arent too hard to get?

This is a discussion on Best Sapphire players that arent too hard to get? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Best Sapphire players that arent too hard to get?

Sapphire Hibbert has been ok for me. His rebounding leaves much to be desired so, you have put a nice rebounder at the four to help with that.( Like Sapphire Bob Petit) Sapphire Mahmoud is one of my favorite cards, Under rated imo. Fast release, nice speed, Nice mid range shot and decent 3 ball. Sneaky athleticism as his driving dunk is an 80.

Sapphire Larry Johnson is always a nice choice but he's undersized so it works against him but he's easy to acquire. Sapphire Sidney Moncrief is cheap and has a nice set of badges and personalty badges as well. Undersized but athletic enough to forgive the size. Cant really shoot but his mid range is ok. Defensively he's a beast.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #10
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

OVR: 0

I never do MT when I get 2k(every year since the original) but I'm two weeks in and hooked

When the Yao challenge came out I only had Saph Dominique. So I had to make some tough decisions but ended up collecting the 85-86 Bulls and got Saph Jordan. Then sold 85-86 gold Jordan and some other 85-86 Bulls I acquired and collected the 97-98 Spurs to get Saph DRob. Did the same thing, sold gold DRob and other spurs (kept Duncan), and got the Clippers whole team with money to spare and got Saph DeAndre(had a lot of clippers already).

So I had 4 and needed one more. Since I'm new to MT(did it once a couple years ago) I had a ****load of VC saved from my player. I'm a religious obsessive my player kind of guy so I had 300K VC.

Opened Ruby Dunk packs like nobodies bidness and landed everybody in the dunk set besides Pack, Green, Ross, and Kemp.

However I did get two Ruby MJs and two Ruby Blakes. Sooooo. Sold off one of each of those suckers and got the 4 I didn't get in packs and had money to spare and unlocked sapphire Dr J.

Dominated the Yao Challenge with that crew.

I just unlocked Saph Mullin and that wasn't too expensive to collect the Warriors in the markets current state.

Good Luck

Last edited by Dengness9; 05-01-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:25 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
I just unlocked Saph Mullin and that wasn't too expensive to collect the Warriors in the markets current state.
Nice. Sapphire Mullin is the one I really want but on PC AH, there's almost always only a couple Alton Listers available and the seller is gouging for 70K+, sometimes well over 100K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #12
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Nice. Sapphire Mullin is the one I really want but on PC AH, there's almost always only a couple Alton Listers available and the seller is gouging for 70K+, sometimes well over 100K.
That's brutal. I picked up Alton for maybe 20-25K, I think I was lucky if I sold him back for 13-15k? Haven't used Saph Mullin yet but he's a shooter you love to have.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #13
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Just got sapphire Oscar Robertson and Pete Maravich tonight for 50k and 35k total respectively. They are both amazing. Oscar has 99 everything and is 6'5" and Pete has the smoothest jumper in the game. I should have listened to all of the hype a long time ago.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

Last edited by pro_cow_tipper; 05-01-2015 at 11:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »