Home

Old 05-05-2015, 10:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MJ 95-96

Ok I just pulled a gold MJ in a pack and I'm pretty freaking happy to say the least. I was just wondering What peoples thoughts are on the card and what you all think is his market value. I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to keep or to sell. I also have Onyx LeBron as well some other pretty good guys to round out my team I'm a little weak at center with emerald Deandre. Historic gold Tim Duncan and ruby Payton. Any and all comments are welcomed. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 11:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MJ 95-96

Anybody???? Lol I know the question may sound stupid to some but I'm trying to figure out If I should keep him or sell him off for T-Mac and a good center. I know he's gotta be one of the better cards to grab obviously but I'm just looking for opinions on the card and what not. Thanks again.

Last edited by bushidobrown; 05-05-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #3
Rookie

HellaKeller's Arena

PM me

Trapped from my TrapPhone using Trapatalk
Old 05-06-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

I used the 90-91 MJ and he is a beast for me. But the 95-96 MJ has the best 3 point shot of them all. I can imagine he is absolute cheddar out there. I'd keep him, MJ's tendencies are offensive/defensive consistency are unmatched in 2K.

Get Sapphire Yao and you'll be fine at the 5 tbh. DeAndre is serviceable though, provided you surround him with shooters and what not.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the response. Do you think it makes sense to complete the set for 95-96 bulls to get sapphire Pip and then sell off the gold Scottie for a top flight center or try the Yao challenge?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 01:28 AM   #6
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidobrown
Thanks for the response. Do you think it makes sense to complete the set for 95-96 bulls to get sapphire Pip and then sell off the gold Scottie for a top flight center or try the Yao challenge?
If you can afford it then yea I don't see why not. Although if you don't plan on playing scottie I wouldn't recommend it.

I'd highly recommend going the Yao challenge because he is pretty much a must have at this point. His height just creates so many problems for people that drive. And since most of the people that play RTTP tend to have him nowadays, you're at a disadvantage if you don't play him, or at least bring him off the bench.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Yeah I'll do the Yao challenge and yes I do plan on playing Scottie most likely off the bench but I've always been a pippen fan. Thanks again for responding it's much appreciated. From what I can tell the MJ card seems to be one of the more expensive cards out there and there doesn't seem to many for sale. I don't know if that's cause because of rarity or thoose who have the card deem it to valuable to sell Or both.

By the way hella nice squad. I'm hoping to get the dream at some point.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:13 AM   #8
Rookie

I would sell him but not under market value. Same with Onyx LeBron.

You can complete a lot of collections with the MT to improve your roster by miles. Go after Sapphire Oscar, Sapphire Hakeem, Sapphire Russell, Sapphire Wilt, Sapphire Mullen and the Ruby Dunker collection. You get one of the best players in the game with Sapphire Erving by completing that collection.

If you spend some time on the market you can even make MT by selling the collection back. So you will be able to buy MJ and Onyx LeBron back.

For me it's more fun to have a team of 10 really good players with a good amount of MT available to try some new players out. I used to have gold Hakeem and Oscar in my team with bad players around them and no MT available. I sold them both and started to complete the collections one by one.

Right now I have a really good team and around 250k free MT available to try out some new players. So I would recommend to sell them both, complete collections and buy back the players you sold (if you want).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »