Home

Easiest above-gold cards to get?

This is a discussion on Easiest above-gold cards to get? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Easiest above-gold cards to get?

I'm really bad at figuring these things out, I'm pretty sure some you get through challenges and some you get from collections. Which cards are some I can start with so I can light that fire to get more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Easiest above-gold cards to get?

You can complete any team historic or 2014/15 and get a sapphire player for free. You can always sell all the team collection back,lose the tax money and go for another collection

You can see the player you get by pressing triangle /Y on each collection.

You can do the Dominique Challenge to get Sapph Dominique and Yao challenge to get Yao (you need 5 sapphs for the latter though)

Make sure you get only Sapphires you really need as the cost of tax will hit you hard.

No reason to get Sapph Rusell/Sapph Hakeem/Sapph malone/Sapph Wilt, and then realize you will use Durant as PF and Yao as C.

Also do not forget that by winning some RTTP you get Sapphs for free.

I would really recomend you get easily and cheep
Sapph Oscar (collection goes for 80-100K (15K max tax loss)
Sapph Mullin is a must have (best shooter in the game, collection goes for less than 80K)
Sapph Dominique
Sapph Yao (you need to have 5 Sapphs to play the challenge)

Sapph MJ is an almost free Jordan, however he has no 3s.

RTTP awards of Sapph PG13,Wall, and Curry are solid but if you just started may take you a while.

Of course very good players are Sapph Hakeem/Wilt/Malone etc.

Verify that you can complete the whole collection before you start collecting.

Sapphire Deanre/Derozan and Beal are quite solid back ups for rim protector/Slasher/Shooter options

Start from the most expensive collection and move down,

Good luck

Last edited by kabamaru; 05-11-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
You can complete any team historic or 2014/15 and get a sapphire player for free. You can always sell all the team collection back,lose the tax money and go for another collection

You can see the player you get by pressing triangle /Y on each collection.

You can do the Dominique Challenge to get Sapph Dominique and Yao challenge to get Yao (you need 5 sapphs for the latter though)

Make sure you get only Sapphires you really need as the cost of tax will hit you hard.

No reason to get Sapph Rusell/Sapph Hakeem/Sapph malone/Sapph Wilt, and then realize you will use Durant as PF and Yao as C.

Also do not forget that by winning some RTTP you get Sapphs for free.

I would really recomend you get easily and cheep
Sapph Oscar (collection goes for 80-100K (15K max tax loss)
Sapph Mullin is a must have (best shooter in the game, collection goes for less than 80K)
Sapph Dominique
Sapph Yao (you need to have 5 Sapphs to play the challenge)

Sapph MJ is an almost free Jordan, however he has no 3s.

RTTP awards of Sapph PG13,Wall, and Curry are solid but if you just started may take you a while.

Of course very good players are Sapph Hakeem/Wilt/Malone etc.

Verify that you can complete the whole collection before you start collecting.

Sapphire Deanre/Derozan and Beal are quite solid back ups for rim protector/Slasher/Shooter options

Start from the most expensive collection and move down,

Good luck
Listen to this guy! He's on point and I share the same feelings 100%.

Saph Dom is a must own starting a collection because he can be had the easiest IMO.

Just a side note on Saph Yao which is as must own as almost any player out there....

Beating the Houston all time team in 3 games isn't too hard if you have 5 solid saphs.

Since you'll need 5 saphs to go for Yao I highly recommend getting Saph Dom first. Saph DeAndre and Saph Brook Lopez are easy teams sets to collect to get those two. Saph Mullin again like mentioned above is a great shooter and easy to get.

So grab those 4 and get an easy PG Saph, like Oscar.

A starting sapphire 5 of
PG Oscar
SG Mullin
SF Dom
PF Deandre
C Brook

That is more than enough to beat Houston. Get a decent bench and you're set.

I also recommend gettin Saph Admiral. Spurs team set can be had and sold back quickly.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Great posts by the both of you, now I have reasons to play non-H2H MyTEAM for some MT. This way I can have a solid superteam when I reach the 5th seed in RTTP.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #5
MVP

Since I have noticed from a different thread that you play 4 out 1 in Dengness9 post I would change only one thing

I would not get two sapphire centers (DeAndre and Brook ) to get a 3rd center.

Agains the CPU you can always use Dominique as PF. He is strong, and got rebounder.

You can use Mullin as SF and Derozan or MJ as slasher, or even Mullin at SG and Deng/Parsons/Batum as SF.

Do the maths first.Calculate your MT beforehand.If you think you could use some additional MT you can always sell 1 of your players (like LBJ) and try t oget him back after you finish the collections

Goodnight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #6
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

I'd definitely try to pickup Oscar Robertson and Bradley Beal pretty soon as prices are already skyrocketing now that ruby packs are coming to an end.

Pete Maravich can also be had for under 30k, and has the smoothest jumper in the game.

My favorite sapphire to play with is Jrue Holliday though. The Pelicans collection is very cheap, and he is very quick and 6'6". I really like his handles and release also.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 05-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Since I have noticed from a different thread that you play 4 out 1 in Dengness9 post I would change only one thing

I would not get two sapphire centers (DeAndre and Brook ) to get a 3rd center.

Agains the CPU you can always use Dominique as PF. He is strong, and got rebounder.

You can use Mullin as SF and Derozan or MJ as slasher, or even Mullin at SG and Deng/Parsons/Batum as SF.

Do the maths first.Calculate your MT beforehand.If you think you could use some additional MT you can always sell 1 of your players (like LBJ) and try t oget him back after you finish the collections

Goodnight!
To clarify, I got two centers for the Yao challenge because I didn't know the Rockets lineup. I was worried they'd have Hakeem, Sampson, and Yao, and would start two of them like LD2Ks Laker challenge where they start Wilt AND Shaq.

It worked out though because DeAndre is so mobile, so stuck him on Thorpe at the 4 and helped Brook on the Block to double Hakeem.

And I understand the theory of not getting two sapphire Centers if you are about to unlock a 3rd center(Yao).

However, I knew I wouldn't wasn't gonna use Brook again in really any challenge or domination so I unlocked him just bc I also had a ton of Nets players and it was a cheap option to unlock a sapphire.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #8
Rookie

braaandon13's Arena

OVR: 1

can someone give me a price to buy gold hakeem? im low on vc and dont want to make a bad purchase

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »