Home

Suck at RTTP

This is a discussion on Suck at RTTP within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2015, 06:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Suck at RTTP

Im really struggling in the unrestricted seeds. I either get beat by a guy who just drains 3 after 3, while my guys are blowing open mid range or i face charge after charge.
This is my lineup

Any suggestions or advice?
Much appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Suck at RTTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac325
Im really struggling in the unrestricted seeds. I either get beat by a guy who just drains 3 after 3, while my guys are blowing open mid range or i face charge after charge.
This is my lineup

Any suggestions or advice?
Much appreciated
Run spurs playbook. play defence.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Don't worry, man, you have enough time to beat RTTP because we're still in May. I bet it back in January and I'll give you a few pointers to help you:

1. First off, run the Spurs playbook like the other poster recommended. They have a variety of different plays that range from high/low post action, BUNCH of PNR plays, and my favorite, catch and shoot off screens. I love using Onyx Dirk since he's a great shooter. Seldom to see a big man knock down 3's like that (2K f**ked him over w/ that 85 standing 3 rating, dude shot near 40%3PT in '06).

2. Just play defense. You have athletic wing players but the only ones that come off to me as solid defenders are MJ and KD. Personally, I enjoy running w/ Ruby Jimmy, Kawhi, Sapphire George, Sapphire Deng, and Gold CP3 since they're all fantastic defenders. You should also start Russell at the 5 because he's given me a lot of trouble despite me having Emerald Whiteside, Onyx Zo, Gold Timmy, and Sapphire Yao. Try to also play on-ball defense.

3. Be PATIENT, PATIENT, PATIENT!!! Run your offense at a moderate rate and run only when you need to. If he/she hits a 3, don't worry about it and come back down the court forthe best shot. If he/she starts knocking down a few shots and you have no answer, call a timeout.

Hope this helps. Sounds very simplistic, yet effective. Coming from a guy whose beaten the first seed like twenty different times.

Last edited by SaruAqua; 05-24-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:24 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
i face charge after charge.
Stop hitting turbo
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 05-20-2015, 05:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruAqua
Don't worry, man, you have enough time to beat RTTP because we're still in May. I bet it back in January and I'll give you a few pointers to help you:

1. First off, run the Spurs playbook like the other poster recommended. They have a variety of different plays that range from high/low post action, BUNCH of PNR plays, and my favorite, catch and shoot off screens. I love doing this Onyx Dirk since he's a great shooter. Seldom to see a big man knock down 3's like that (2K f**ked him over w/ that 85 standing 3 rating, dude shot near 40%3PT in '06).

2. Just play defense. You have athletic wing players but the only ones that come off to me as solid defenders are MJ and KD. Personally, I enjoy running w/ Ruby Jimmy, Kawhi, Sapphire George, Sapphire Deng, and Gold CP3 since their all fantastic defenders. You should also start Russell at the 5 because he's given me a lot of trouble despite me having Emerald Whiteside, Onyx Zo, Gold Timmy, and Sapphire Yao. Try to also play on-ball defense.

3. Be PATIENT, PATIENT, PATIENT!!! Run your offense at a moderate rate and run only when you need to. If he/she hits a 3, don't worry about it and come back down the court forthe best shot. If he/she starts knocking down a few shots and you have no answer, call a timeout.

Hope this helps. Sounds very simplistic, yet effective. Coming from a guy whose beaten the first seed like twenty different times.
Thanks for the help man, I'll take all this into consideration next game. what players do you think I should ditch for the more defensive options?
Really appreciate your help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 04:10 AM   #6
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the help man, I'll take all this into consideration next game. what players do you think I should ditch for the more defensive options?
Really appreciate your help
No problem, man + pertainin to your question, you should try to go after the players I already mentioned, sans Gold CP3. Judging by your team, it really shouldn't be challenging getting the Sapphire wing players. Both Deng/George have an 88 standing 3 ball and 90+ on ball defensive I.Q. Kawhi is a deadly shooter (89/87 mid-range ratings) who could hit the 3 ball and guard quick point guards. Everytime I've gone up against an Onyx Ray Allen, Kawhi is the dude that locks him down. Tbh, I really can't give an assessment on Ruby Jimmy bc I just got him but he's similar to the rest. Out of these four, I usually like to run 3 at a time, switching up matchups to keep it fresh. Placing Kawhi on point guards also allows me to get away w/ playing Sapphire Curry who is an undersized defensive liability.

Depending on the state of your team, these guys are great. Also, don't try to get persuaded into buying Onyx Artest/Iggy. They're great but are complete bricklayers, a la Bob the Builder (lol) on the offensive end.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:57 AM   #7
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

On offense you can also run GSW playbook: check it out here in detail,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YVKiLXRtdA
Old 05-21-2015, 09:36 AM   #8
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruAqua
Depending on the state of your team, these guys are great. Also, don't try to get persuaded into buying Onyx Artest/Iggy. They're great but are complete bricklayers, a la Bob the Builder (lol) on the offensive end.
My experience with some of these players is different. Iggy's got an easy release and a 99 dunk rating on top of being one of the best defenders in the game. And guys like MJ and Dr J are great defenders themselves so I can't fully agree with taking those guys out, either. The only guy I'd switch out is Harden, Ruby Klay/Onyx Hondo/Onyx Iggy are great 3 and D guys. LBJ is also a better defender than Durant but you can get away with one average defender on each of your lineups (Lillard/KD).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »