Home

LD2K Challenge is FRUSTRATING!!!!

This is a discussion on LD2K Challenge is FRUSTRATING!!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
LD2K Challenge is FRUSTRATING!!!!

I guess I just suck but I can not beat the LD2K Challenge. It is so frustrating to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get so mad at some of the AI things that happen like missing dunks and easy put backs and no fouls getting called when my players get hammered!

I have probably played it around 10 times and the closest I have gotten is getting beat by 6 and 8 points, most of the time I get hammered by 40 points!!!!!!!!!

I wish 2K would dial down the difficulty some for players after they have gotten beaten 10 times or more trying to defeat the challenge, this would only seem fair to me.

I really doubt if I can beat this challenge the way it is now.

I have finished domination and only have 2 other challenges to complete along with this LD2K challenge.

I am in the 6 seed on RTTP but also I am getting frustrated with that, since I am now getting hammered!

I wish for next year that 2K adds some more things to do to help with the replay value of this game after these are completed.

More weekly challenges would be nice or the ability to change the difficulty level if you can not complete it on the 2k default level for each challenge.

Also on RTTP it would be nice to be able to play against players of your abilities and not random players. EA and Konami can do this on their soccer games why can't 2K do this????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: LD2K Challenge is FRUSTRATING!!!!

I get that you're frustrated but I actually really enjoy the difficulty of this challenge. It is my favourite challenge to play against the CPU as it seems neither too difficult or cheesy nor too easy to me. I use it to test players and new plays or freelance offenses. Of course I have a great squad that can keep up with those guys.

Some pointers:

- You need a big PG who is able to defend Magic. I use Oscar, but feel free to put someone like LBJ at PG if you don't have a true PG. Nothing wrong with cheesing the CPU

- The Lakers have very little spacing, since their starting lineup consists of 2 bigs without a midrange and only one of their backcourt players has a good 3 point rating. So protect the paint and allow your guys to help out (POE conservative or neutral). Have a good rim protector at the 5.

- The Lakers have a slow C at the 4, Wilt or Shaq (I believe it is Wilt). I suggest that you run a 4-1 space the floor offense with an athletic stretch 4 who will knock down 3s. Durant, Melo, LBJ, you get the idea. This gives you more space to operate and Wilt will have trouble keeping up with your 4. The CPU also defends PnRs notoriously bad. This offense works even better on lower difficulties and online, so mastering it against the HoF CPU will improve your overall skill and make scoring in those modes much easier.

- Use a playbook that has some good Fist plays, such as the Nets or Warriors. Just to mix it up every once in a while from the manual PnRs you're calling in the 4-1.

- Have a number of 3 and D guys in your lineup. You really only need one guy who can finish well and create his own basket on the court.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #3
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

I used it to see how much I could score shooting just 3's with Steph Curry, turns out I dropped like 110 pts on mostly 3's. The one thing I do remember is James Worthy hitting fadeaway 3's
Old 05-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

I got to chime in because LD2K challenge is frustrating for sure.

The first time I did the challenge, i had the worst and cheapest Celtic players for my bench. I think I quit in the 2nd quarter of my first attempt because i was already down by 20.

Like QNo said, a bigger PG to deal with Magic is definitely suggested, but also not a truly make or break decision depending on the rest of your starters and how you play.

If you want to beat the challenge just to beat the challenge then 63 Fist all day.

I didnt use 63 fist when i beat the challenge because I didnt even know it existed. Im glad i didnt because I would have used it out of frustration probably.

I lost the challenge the 2nd time by single digits, last 2-3 minutes just lost it, like it sounds has happened to you as well.

The 3rd attempt i won 146-136, and i actually had them by more but they scored 5-10 unanswered because i was lax, knowing i had it wrapped up.

MY BIGGEST SUGGESTION... the celtics players you use! Of course a nasty starting 5 is mandatory, but the bench is the biggest key to me. I got emerald Isaiah Thomas(83), who can stroke the heck out of it from deep. Also picked up 86 Parish who is effective and big enough while being cheap. I believe i also picked up Bass for nothing and make sure you grab another wing and big of your choice from all the Celtic players available. I didnt have money for Bird but that would have been nice!

Use your stars to score as many layups and dunks as possible. Make them double guys and get your shooters ready. Also be careful when attacking the rim because plenty times your guy will lose the ball going up.....so mix in quality mid range jumpers when you get past the first defender and before you get to the help defense.

Lastly, outside of the box a bit, but I started Isaiah T and brought Onxy Rose off the bench. Then when my starters would tire out, Rose came in fresh and was attacking at will, til drawing doubles and hitting open teammates.

YOU CAN DO IT. If you lost by 6 or 8, that means you are right there.

Who are your 13 players for the challenge????? Lets tweak this lineup bro.

Last edited by Dengness9; 05-25-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
I got to chime in because LD2K challenge is frustrating for sure.

The first time I did the challenge, i had the worst and cheapest Celtic players for my bench. I think I quit in the 2nd quarter of my first attempt because i was already down by 20.

Like QNo said, a bigger PG to deal with Magic is definitely suggested, but also not a truly make or break decision depending on the rest of your starters and how you play.

If you want to beat the challenge just to beat the challenge then 63 Fist all day.

I didnt use 63 fist when i beat the challenge because I didnt even know it existed. Im glad i didnt because I would have used it out of frustration probably.

I lost the challenge the 2nd time by single digits, last 2-3 minutes just lost it, like it sounds has happened to you as well.

The 3rd attempt i won 146-136, and i actually had them by more but they scored 5-10 unanswered because i was lax, knowing i had it wrapped up.

MY BIGGEST SUGGESTION... the celtics players you use! Of course a nasty starting 5 is mandatory, but the bench is the biggest key to me. I got emerald Isaiah Thomas(83), who can stroke the heck out of it from deep. Also picked up 86 Parish who is effective and big enough while being cheap. I believe i also picked up Bass for nothing and make sure you grab another wing and big of your choice from all the Celtic players available. I didnt have money for Bird but that would have been nice!

Use your stars to score as many layups and dunks as possible. Make them double guys and get your shooters ready. Also be careful when attacking the rim because plenty times your guy will lose the ball going up.....so mix in quality mid range jumpers when you get past the first defender and before you get to the help defense.

Lastly, outside of the box a bit, but I started Isaiah T and brought Onxy Rose off the bench. Then when my starters would tire out, Rose came in fresh and was attacking at will, til drawing doubles and hitting open teammates.

YOU CAN DO IT. If you lost by 6 or 8, that means you are right there.

Who are your 13 players for the challenge????? Lets tweak this lineup bro.

LOL,, I thought I had a pretty good lineup and I have used several different lineups for this challenge and nothing seems to work. The Lakers always shoot around 60 to 65% and I shoot only around 50% and I can't make 3s.

Last game tried this lineup below, but sometimes I have used Ruby dunker Blake Griffin at PF and sometimes use Onyx Mitch Richmond in the lineup, I have a gold Steph Curry but have not used him in Challenge since I can't hit 3s consistently with anybody.

PG Sapphire Dr. J
SG Ruby Dunker MJ
SF Larry Bird
PF Sapphire Hakeem
C Sapphire Yao

Bench Subs 2nd 5
PG Avery Bradley
SG Onyx Hondo
SF Onyx Paul Pierce
PF gold Kevin McHale
C Onyx Bill Walton

Robert Parrish Gold, Bass, and John Thompson

Last edited by mjm76; 05-26-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 11:50 PM   #6
Chi
Rookie

OVR: 2

Honestly for challenges like this, I just cheesed. Paul George/Bron Isos and cut baseline worked for the most part.

Wouldn't rely on the 3 unless absolutely open. If you happen to get beat on the boards, just run two good rebounding centers. (I've done this in other challenges which helped keep down Offensive boards)

If you happen to get down, don't worry - runs happen.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm76
LOL,, I thought I had a pretty good lineup and I have used several different lineups for this challenge and nothing seems to work. The Lakers always shoot around 60 to 65% and I shoot only around 50% and I can't make 3s.

Last game tried this lineup below, but sometimes I have used Ruby dunker Blake Griffin at PF and sometimes use Onyx Mitch Richmond in the lineup, I have a gold Steph Curry but have not used him in Challenge since I can hit 3s consistently with anybody.

PG Sapphire Dr. J
SG Ruby Dunker MJ
SF Larry Bird
PF Sapphire Hakeem
C Sapphire Yao

Bench Subs 2nd 5
PG Avery Bradley
SG Onyx Hondo
SF Onyx Paul Pierce
PF gold Kevin McHale
C Onyx Bill Walton

Robert Parrish Gold, Bass, and John Thompson
Well your lineup is really stacked wow. I would definitely plug in an extra non celtic superstar if you have one because you have 9 celtics and only need 8.

what kind of offense and defense do you run?
Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi
Honestly for challenges like this, I just cheesed. Paul George/Bron Isos and cut baseline worked for the most part.

Wouldn't rely on the 3 unless absolutely open. If you happen to get beat on the boards, just run two good rebounding centers. (I've done this in other challenges which helped keep down Offensive boards)

If you happen to get down, don't worry - runs happen.
Very good point. I got down by 9 in the second quarter and 10 in the third the game i won. That lakers team will make you feel like they are gonna deliver the knockout punch throughout the game, but if you hang tough, you can rally and steal the momentum when it matters most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »