Home

Guess wanting for another patch is futile

This is a discussion on Guess wanting for another patch is futile within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Guess wanting for another patch is futile

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
The difference between contested and wide open shots is bigger in this game than it is in the NBA. Unrealistic but it encourages people to take good shots, which is good. And no shot is certain.
I don't get how something that is unrealistic is good. Can be good for your preferance, it is not for mine etc Wide open shots currently are overpowered in the game which is as frustrating too my taste as post fades, running SF as PG, baseline dunks (which I feel is quite nerfed recently) zig zag etc.
100% certain ok it is not. But if you have used KD for more than 1 month and you take 10 wide open shots, you will score at least 8, which is not good. No player has 80% on wide open 3s. If it was one game out of 10 it would be ok. Things like that happen irl. But if it is the common rule, than I have a problem.

Many players including KD, LBJ, have better 3 pt attributes than free throws.
How does that make sense?
Old 06-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
People have paid for the cards to be a certain way so nerfing them has bigger consequences than nerfing regular players.
That didn't stop 2k from nerfing down dunks, even though Zach Lavine was the most used/expensive silver card that was in starting 5 in many unrestricted teams.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #19
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I just hate the fact that e.g Durant in wide open 3 is a certain basket.
This is not something that happens irl.
KD was the MVP of the league for a reason... He gets mad buckets; of course he hits wide open threes.

As far as the OP pick and rolls go, I've never really thought them to be anything but realistic. If you play too tight, and don't set it to go under you're gonna get torched. If you go under everytime, they're gonna get an occasional open shot. You just have to react to what they're doing, and try to keep them from doing what they want. The points of emphasis help on that as well.

63 fist, however, is a different story. It's just a really really good play.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 06-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #20
MVP

Of course he hits wide open 3s, not on a 70+% though on a steady basis
Old 06-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #21
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Of course he hits wide open 3s, not on a 70+% though on a steady basis
I'm pretty confident that if everybody in the league decided they wouldn't guard KD, Curry, or Korver and they were allowed to take uncontested 3's all day irl they would hit the 70% mark.

If you look at it from the offense's perspective, I know everyone here would rage if you missed a standing three with any of those guys when nobody was around.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 12:31 PM   #22
Rookie

Honestly, if players shot less than 50% from 3pt line, uncontested... what would be the point of looking for open shots?

No one would bother. Everyone would fill up their rosters with athletic dunkers and try to get to the rim, or play the post game... Less athletic shooters would be even more useless in the game...

As it is, the game at least rewards finding open shots... And it also rewards good defense, since contested shots have a very low chance to go in...
Old 06-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
I just hate the fact that e.g Durant in wide open 3 is a certain basket.

This is not something that happens irl. In 2k, especially after patch and playing against an opponent from lower seed, it is a certain 3. Hell I lost a game last night against a player with Ruby Bosh having 6/6 3's. He was a good player and all his 3's were wide open, but you can't expect that bosh would have 6/6 3s even wide open.

Even Howard scores open 3s from the corner.

Once the did that roster update to lower shooting ratings I knew they weren't going to work on a new patch. I like the idea of open shots going in at a high rate. It's reward players for getting open looks. Irl Bosh will rarely go 100% on open 3s but from a competitive stand point if a user gets Bosh open looks from 3 & get a good release. I have no problem with him hit all of them shots. It should come down to the user ability to get his player open looks and timing on his release not mechanics & sliders.
The problem is zig zagging shouldn't be in the game. But the root of all the problems is MyTeam's low difficulty setting. 2k really need to reevaluate their RTTP model. This is supposed to be a competitive mode why are most games played on low settings.

XB1
Old 06-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #24
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Unrestricted lineups is biggest problem. Superteams vs Superteams means crazy stuff even if gameplay 99% realistic.

Wish there were separate online tournaments/challenges with various lineup restrictions and hof/sim settings.

But still i think offense is too powerful since patch 4. Shooting of the dribble, post fadeways, dunks in traffic, floaters should be more difficult to hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »