Home

Center's in my team.

This is a discussion on Center's in my team. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Center's in my team.

I play alot of my team so i am going to post this here. Its kind of slider related i believe but not sure.
There are alot of great offensive centers in the game which, at least for me play anything but great unless he has a nice turn around fade jumper. If you watch most of the cpu controlled centers they play nice a nimble and dominant like they should be. especially moses malone. he always gets quick rebounds or put backs. where i have played this game since the day i came out and have never got one quick rebound to a quick putback layup or dunk.

So, if the CPU can do it then i should be able to do it as well. so is it the way they have the game tuned in myteam? aka the sliders. Do they purposely give the cpu better sliders sets, not realizing that it would take away the performance of the players abilities?
has anyone used a slider set on a quick game to see if centers performed better with better tuned slider sets?

just curious because i should enjoy using players like hakeem, but for me its a waste of time getting him enough shots to be productive. when i can use my other players who are more effective.

The great centers need to be more dominant. For the Players not just the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 11:39 PM   #2
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Center's in my team.

Hey, as far as I know it's not possible to use custom sliders in MyTeam, although there probably is some kind of hack. I think the fact that bigs are pretty terrible is true in other game modes as well. All the offline guys use custom sliders, probably a good idea to look around in the main forums. There are rosters that have the MyTeam legends that don't ship with the game, so that might be a way to test it.

But it's pretty much consensus that all the bigs finish way weaker than they should and that they often get bad/slow animations. Instead of an open dunk you miss a layup with Shaq because Steph Curry is at the freethrow line, so obviously Shaq can't dunk...
Old 06-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
But it's pretty much consensus that all the bigs finish way weaker than they should and that they often get bad/slow animations. Instead of an open dunk you miss a layup with Shaq because Steph Curry is at the freethrow line, so obviously Shaq can't dunk...
I think the main issue is that, for in-the-paint jumpers and standing layups, the detrimental effect of nearby defenders is too strong. One has to create space or motion to counteract this. It's most obvious with how getting an O-rebound, landing, and then immediately going up for a standing layup usually results in your center muffing his point-blank layup. But if you land and then take a couple steps in any direction and then shoot, with your guy taking some off-balance, leaning layup, it usually goes in.

Post scoring, for me, is only really reliably done with the more advanced post moves that, aside from post-fadeaways, don't come naturally at all. For jumpers, it's often clanking unless shooting after a defender bit on a pump-fake. Post-fadeaway jumpers are the most reliable, of course, as can be post step-backs and up-and-unders. And post-hooks are realistically reliable if you've backed down the defender deep into the paint.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:44 AM   #4
Rookie

The main issue is that a majority of big men in the game ranging from 60 overall to 99 overall have terrible driving layup ratings. You can make a great post move or blow by a small defender but the fact that their driving layup rating layup is so low, the slightest amount of defense will alter the shot. This affects any position one through five.

PG: Sapph Steph Curry/Onyx Pistol
SG: Sapph Paul George/Ruby Havlicek
SF: Diamond Durant/Rick Barry/Sapph Wilkins/Onyx Ice Man
PF: Ruby Duncan (98 OVR)/Gold Melo/Gold LBJ
C: Sapph Yao/Ruby KG (92 OVR)
Old 06-09-2015, 04:29 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I think the main issue is that, for in-the-paint jumpers and standing layups, the detrimental effect of nearby defenders is too strong. One has to create space or motion to counteract this. It's most obvious with how getting an O-rebound, landing, and then immediately going up for a standing layup usually results in your center muffing his point-blank layup. But if you land and then take a couple steps in any direction and then shoot, with your guy taking some off-balance, leaning layup, it usually goes in.

Post scoring, for me, is only really reliably done with the more advanced post moves that, aside from post-fadeaways, don't come naturally at all. For jumpers, it's often clanking unless shooting after a defender bit on a pump-fake. Post-fadeaway jumpers are the most reliable, of course, as can be post step-backs and up-and-unders. And post-hooks are realistically reliable if you've backed down the defender deep into the paint.
This

But it is a problem also in perimeter players.
When you shoot open with durant and mid-air someone comes under you, shot results to an F rating most of the times.

This doesn't happen in real life. Contested vs wide open shots do not have such difference in made % irl.
Of course in perimeter the problem can be more easily fixed as it ie easier to find space while the paint will always be crowded.
It is rediculous that most players would get an offensive rebound with Hakeem or Wilt but they need to pass to a perimeter player instead of doing a simple putback as most would agree that you have better chance.

It is true, doing two steps left or right does help in the game, but it is plain silly. It is a center's zig zag
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »