Home

Ruby and Onyx LeBron reviews?

This is a discussion on Ruby and Onyx LeBron reviews? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Ruby and Onyx LeBron reviews?

The only gap I have in my team left to fill is at the SF. After that I'll be done.

So, it seems like Onyx LeBron is the better player but is he worth the extra coin? The biggest difference seems to be on the post fade and dunk stats.

My team right now;

Diamond Lillard - Onyx Richmond - Onyx Iguodala - Ruby Griffin - Onyx Moses Malone

Bench; Ruby Jordan, Ruby Klay, Onyx Nash, Onyx Duncan, Sapphire Bill Russell, Emerald Draymond.

I have a bunch of other guys I switch in when I'm bored ('Nique, Drexler, Steph, Frobe, Olajuwon etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ruby and Onyx LeBron reviews?

The difference between the lebrons is very small and badging out the gold lebron is much cheaper.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpTheDerp
The difference between the lebrons is very small and badging out the gold lebron is much cheaper.
Yea but the Gems are cooler and more unique. I'd try to snag the Ruby at a good price.
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 06-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #4
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

I can't really speak on whether the price jump is worth it or not because I packed him, but Onyx Lebron is an extremely noticeable upgrade from gold.

The biggest difference is in his speed, quickness, and dunk ratings. The upgraded speed ratings are the same reason why everybody loves onyx oscar so much more than sapphire. It makes it so much easier to torch people off the dribble and poster somebody or get an And1. 99 dunk and 99 layup combined with his size and strength makes his finishing unparalleled.

I always found the gold Lebron's mid range to be below average and he missed too many open shots. Onyx has an upgraded mid range, but a few points less on his standing 3 ball. His rebounding and defense is boosted a tad as well.

Most importantly, Lebron looks wayyy cooler in #6. Watch these Heat highlights, and try to compare it to current Cavs Lebron. That's exactly the comparison between the onyx and gold. On one hand, they're both the greatest player in the world. On the other, Heat Lebron is just absolutely ridiculous.

Heat Lebron: https://youtu.be/LkVOWzVJaZ8
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

Last edited by pro_cow_tipper; 06-08-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:43 PM   #5
Pro

Not sure if you care about looks or anything but Onyx LBJ has leg sleeves and arm sleeve and headband if you care about accessories or anything. Not sure if Ruby LBJ has a headband or anything, I'd assume he would since he still wore it at ASG. If I had the coin I'd go for Onyx because of the accessories and he is the best LBJ. I know it is cheaper to badge the gold LBJ but I like cool gem cards if they are players I like/worth it. I'd take Gold over Ruby even though Ruby LBJ has a good post game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 04:46 AM   #6
Rookie

The difference is very minor between Lebrons. Plus Onyx Lebron has lower standing 3pt rating than the gold one...

I'd get Onyx Dr. J instead, if the color of the gem is what's important to you. He's better than Lebron in every aspect in the game other than play making and post game. And he's cheaper. Can be found for about 140k mt.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:01 AM   #7
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

onyx lebron is noticeably more athletic than gold lebron. Hes quicker,better rebounder, has a +8 on the driving dunk attribute and +15 on driving dunk tendency.

I say give him a shot if you already have the MT in hand.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:33 AM   #8
MVP

If I were you and I had the money to buy Onyx LBJ I would get Sapphire Erving from the dunk collection award.

Better shooter, better driver and faster. Not as good passer,ball controller though

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »