Home

How to stop 63 Fist and non stop charges

This is a discussion on How to stop 63 Fist and non stop charges within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
How to stop 63 Fist and non stop charges

The 63 Fist and non stop charges are what I considered as more sophisticated cheese. I don't do these myself but i understand why they can bring a competitive edge. RTTP is designed for competition so if someone brings those tactics against me, I have to counter them; it isn't gonna do me any good if i complain he is cheesing but don't adjust.

In the following gameplay you can see my go to counters for both the 63 Fist and non stop Charge draw; I can beat those about 90%-100% of the time ^_^

As always feel free to discuss, i always learn the most form you bunch haha |

Sam Pham
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: How to stop 63 Fist and non stop charges

I agree with the comments about you playing Jefe, that would be a great matchup. The match of him playing Andre2k was uploaded the other day, pretty fun to watch. I think it's good for YouTubers to play other YouTubers. Not only for publicity reasons, but it also makes for fun matchups. I'd also speculate that it helps growing the community. And people can't play cheesy 90% of the game like some big name guys do and then show the 10% that are not cheesy. There'll always be 2 sides to the story, so it makes people play straight-up more, promoting sim ball.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #3
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I agree with the comments about you playing Jefe, that would be a great matchup. The match of him playing Andre2k was uploaded the other day, pretty fun to watch. I think it's good for YouTubers to play other YouTubers. Not only for publicity reasons, but it also makes for fun matchups. I'd also speculate that it helps growing the community. And people can't play cheesy 90% of the game like some big name guys do and then show the 10% that are not cheesy. There'll always be 2 sides to the story, so it makes people play straight-up more, promoting sim ball.
I agree with you Qno. That's why I got a MyTeam match set up with CNick2 already. Me and Andre2k was going to get into a game too but he is on XB1 >_<

I will try and reach Jefe soon, he ps4 ??

I look foward going against Cnick2 though, I like his style ^_^
Old 06-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #4
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but the charge cheese is by far the worst. This punk the other day no lie got about 30 charges called on me during one game. My players would just teleport two feet into him every time anytime they had the ball. He even got a substantial amount of off-ball charges magically calle as well. He got my Steph, Harden, and Amare fouled out in the same **** game. To make things worse I got demoted after I got destroyed. I have never raged so hard in all my life.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 06-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Charge cheese in the open court is pretty easy to avoid. The ones that always get me are the post-up charge cheesers. You can still get called for a charge in the post, even if you aren't backing the guy down with the turbo button.

As you demonstrated, double teaming the ballhandler with one of the screeners' defenders will disrupt 63 fist and stop it before it even starts. Setting your corner defenders to deny/smother and your PG defender to go over on screens will also help shutdown that play.

63 fist really only works against the AI, who's too dumb to make any of those adjustments.

Last edited by jyoung; 06-09-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
Banned

I don't use 63 fist personally but I don't agree with it being classed as cheese. Its a set play. It's far more sim than any other type of cheese (zig zag, double team, baseline dunks, charges) and it can actually be defended with relative ease if you know what you're doing.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #7
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
I don't use 63 fist personally but I don't agree with it being classed as cheese. Its a set play. It's far more sim than any other type of cheese (zig zag, double team, baseline dunks, charges) and it can actually be defended with relative ease if you know what you're doing.
Yeah I don't think 63 fist is thought to be cheese when someone runs it a few times a game, but there are people who do nothing else for the majority of a game. While it is relatively easy to stop for more experienced players, beginners will struggle to do so. So if two beginners of the same skill level play and one of them spams 63 fist every game that might be enough to get them a comfortable win. That's just way too easy as it requires no skill to run it.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:20 PM   #8
MVP

I actually cheese relentlessly with it (against the CPU) and I actually find it far from foolproof when playing at higher difficulty levels and with sub-par PGs. In those instances, the CPU gets a fast defender (SG, I think) around the wall of screens to body up on the PG before he can turn the corner. Sometimes the wing defender has to run to the basket to cover your Center rolling to the basket (I forget which), but I'm fairly frequently stuffed at the top of the arc when using a slower PG.

So it seems that, defending it, one merely needs to make sure to use settings to keep one's SF stuck to the opponent's SF in the corner, and then take control of the SG, evade the screen, and body up on the opponent's PG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »