Home

The best kept secret (player) in this game is...

This is a discussion on The best kept secret (player) in this game is... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The best kept secret (player) in this game is...

David Thompson.

Seriously howcome I never see anyone using him? He's the perfect bench player for a stacked team and the best player, in terms of Production V Cost that I can think of.

He's an 86 overall.

He has a 98 dunk, 98 layup, 86 moving mid range.

You know who else has at least 90+ in dunk and layups while also having 85+ in moving mid range?

Michael Jordan (91, 93 and 96 cards).
Kobe Bryant ('06 Onyx)
Tracy McGrady ('03 Onyx)
Clyde Drexler ('91 Ruby)
Ruby KD.
Derrick Rose ('11 Onyx)

The cheapest of those guys is the Glide who costs like 40,000 on PS4 last I checked. The rest of those dudes can run you anything from 100,000 to 700,000.

David Thompson can be bought for 2,000 coins.

Yes he is literally useless at everything other than scoring. But who cares? He's instant offense. With the right badges he's capable of out scoring every other player on that list.

On top of that his shot is cash. I just finished a game where I had 7 money green mid range shots IN A QUARTER. The guy is unreal.

And on top of that despite the crappy 3pt attributes. If you get his shot timing down you can comfortably make catch and shoot 3's with him. I wouldn't try them off the dribble though.

Biggest downside is there isn't any plays you can run for him from what I can see. Maybe I need to try a different playbook? But a quick "get open" and "isolation" work fine for short bursts that you would use him.

Seriously. If you have a spare 2000 sitting there just try the guy out. I can't recommend him enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: The best kept secret (player) in this game is...

I hate how MyTeam exclusive legends don't have any pre-set plays. I can't run anything with Nate archibald or Yao or Mikan.

That being said, Emerald Jared Cunningham is crazy for how bad his OVR is. 6'9 PG with 84 vertical and 85 driving dunk and 90 lateral quickness.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:25 AM   #3
Rookie

My favorite player is Ron Artest (89)
Nobody has him cause he cant play offense, I have him to guard James and KD, if you know how to use him, he's the best defensive player in the game.
He's wet from the corner 3's if you get his release down, i get mostly greens.
He does everything like he does in real life, all the dirty work.

Rudy Wade (89), he's my starting Pg, he draws alot of fouls and his mid range is cash, he gets to the rim and finishes.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #4
QNo
MVP

I'll nominate Onyx Hondo (Havlicek). Nobody uses him but he's simply the perfect role-player. One of the very best shooters in the game, great defender who is strong enough to guard someone like LeBron.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:45 PM   #5
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Sam Jones, I'll just leave it at that.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I'll nominate Onyx Hondo (Havlicek). Nobody uses him but he's simply the perfect role-player. One of the very best shooters in the game, great defender who is strong enough to guard someone like LeBron.
He's my back up wing. With Ruby Klay. Very solid player.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
Pro

Poor man's Nash Onyx Nelson. Best shooter PG ingame, only PD Curry has better outside stats. A steal for 15k.

http://2kmtcentral.com/players/compare/1213/314
Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #8
Pro

I love emerald kevin martin as my bench scorer. Quick and easy release, good enough athleticism. I've had one horrible shooting game from him, although to be fair i was forcing it. Other than that he usually gets me around 20 points on about 80% shooting. Defense isn't good but not a dealbreaker since he has decent lateral quickness and i play on ball anyway.

Honorable mention goes to my favorite silver center: Miles plumlee. Lob city finisher, posterizer, eraser, brick wall, 90 hustle/vertical, good rebounding, dunking, blocking and some good tendencies.

Good call on david thompson btw, i've been meaning to try him again but i keep forgetting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »