Home

Onyx D.Rose

This is a discussion on Onyx D.Rose within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Onyx D.Rose

What do you think about him?
If you had to decide between Lebron and D.rose (both Onyx versions), which would you pick?
I have been wanting him for a while, and he is pretty low today. Im thinking about selling my onyx lebron just to grab him at this price point, and then just picking lebron back up in a few days when I can get 300k again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 12:07 AM   #2
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Re: Onyx D.Rose

I literally just packed him, and I absolutely freaked out when I got him haha.

I've only messed around in one domination game with him, but he's probably going to start over my onyx Big O I picked up today. His dribble moves are really slick and he's a great passer. Mid range is wet, and layups are straight money. I really don't have the space to run 3 point guards, but he's definitely getting some play time. Need to badge him up though.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

Last edited by pro_cow_tipper; 07-03-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:37 AM   #3
Banned

Who you got to replace lebron? Why not wait and buy rose instead?
Old 07-03-2015, 06:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K15 PC
Who you got to replace lebron? Why not wait and buy rose instead?
Business would be the reason. Lebron can easily be found on any day for about 260-280.
D rose is usually around the 400k mark. SOMEtimes you can get him at around 360.
Today, I seen him as low as 280 smh. I wish I had sold the lebron and had the MT to pick him up smh.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Hmmm... you must not be on PS4. I always see Lebron floating around 400-450 while D Rose is usuaully 300-350. Strange how the prices are flip flopped.

There are "equal" tier level point guards for much cheaper like Big O, Stockton, and Kidd, but if you have the cash to pick him up it will be well worth it. I've been still messing with Big O because I kept my win streak from using the sapphire, but when that's over (never), he'll get some decent H2H play time
Even if 2k kept his fro when his card pic clearly has no fro... Really?

If you think you could keep flipping them for some profit go for it, but the tax is a dangerous thing to mess with in that price tier. If you sell him for 400k, you're losing 60k which will be hard to profit on too greatly. Plus, less and less people are buying packs so the market isn't going to experience as big of jumps anymore. Hence, more onyxs are being pulled as I have 4 onyx players and a gold Lebron on my last 10 packs. (Wait until really late at night or early the next day to open packs )
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

Last edited by pro_cow_tipper; 07-03-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_cow_tipper
Hmmm... you must not be on PS4. I always see Lebron floating around 400-450 while D Rose is usuaully 300-350. Strange how the prices are flip flopped.

There are "equal" tier level point guards for much cheaper like Big O, Stockton, and Kidd, but if you have the cash to pick him up it will be well worth it. I've been still messing with Big O because I kept my win streak from using the sapphire, but when that's over (never), he'll get some decent H2H play time
Even if 2k kept his fro when his card pic clearly has no fro... Really?

If you think you could keep flipping them for some profit go for it, but the tax is a dangerous thing to mess with in that price tier. If you sell him for 400k, you're losing 60k which will be hard to profit on too greatly. Plus, less and less people are buying packs so the market isn't going to experience as big of jumps anymore. Hence, more onyxs are being pulled as I have 4 onyx players and a gold Lebron on my last 10 packs. (Wait until really late at night or early the next day to open packs )
even more strange because, I am on ps4
My plan wasn't to sell them for profit. It was to loose the least amount of money in acquiring them both/
Old 07-20-2015, 10:44 AM   #7
Rookie

HardenFLOPS's Arena

Gold Lebron is just as good, Get D Rose, he a beast
Old 07-20-2015, 11:58 PM   #8
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I was fortunate enough to pull onyx rose in a pack this past thursday in only 3 tries. From the 10 games or so that I've played with him, his stamina and the fact that he has a blue cold spot every where on the court are major setbacks.

For me at least, I can't really play him against people that play an NBA Jam style of game, Rose is more for sim games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »