Home

NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2015, 02:47 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Lol dude you need to chill.

First of all, it's not everyone that's getting it. Only those that preordered the Jordan edition which I can't imagine is "everyone"

Also, it's attributes will be based on his very first NBA game which was decent but in no way shape or form his Gold MJ form. My guess is he'll be rated around an 85.

Silver KD was rated like 80-82 or something with decent shooting stats and he's tall. At the beginning of MT, having that card along with a team full of bronze guys is almost the same difference.

You are really going to extremes here lol

Take it to my PM if you wish to continue this please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uhh. .. look at the picture of the card. It's a gold card. Not up for debate. Clear as day. It's right there.

Maybe it's a high 80s like an 88 or something but it's still gold. Unless they've made him gold for he promotional thing and are dropping him to a silver in the game which would open themselves up to complaints about false advertisement.

And he's still going to be a baseline dunking machine. Which KD wasn't. You couldn't cheese with the silver KD.

If YOU want to continue the discussion with me. Don't PM me. I don't care enough anymore, I can see it's going nowhere. And if you don't want to continue discussing stop replying... or are you one of these people that just NEEDS to have the last word?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 03:01 AM   #42
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Great to know that 2K is finally putting their foot down and taking control of MyTeam. My favorite part so far has beeh the position restrictions. Just played a guy yesterday that had LBJ at PG and Ruby Magic at PF. Obviously whooped him by halftime but it was still annoying, nonetheless. Hopefully, baseline rim finishes are reduced this year. So sick of Ruby Kobe throwing reverse dunks on BOTH Yao and Zo. As for zig-zag cheesing, that's going to be difficult to remove since movement is a part of basketball.

Also, that Rookie Jordan card doesn't worry me at all. Like others have said, it's based on just his FIRST EVER game along with the fact that it will be a limited edition. I see him being an 86 overall (will bump when correct). The question is whether people will be allowed to sell him which I don't think will be the case.

Lastly, not going to bother checking but to the person that said that KD was "nothing" in his rookie season obviously didn't watch him in '08 or was exaggerating. He only averaged 20/4/2 on 43%/29%3PT/87%FT. Yeah, it wasn't the 28/6/6 on 51% that MJ put up but KD's rookie card not being op doesn't mean that his season wasn't great. He was fantastic for a rookie.
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns

Last edited by SaruAqua; 07-23-2015 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:01 AM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruAqua
Great to know that 2K is finally putting their foot down and taking control of MyTeam. My favorite part so far has beeh the position restrictions. Just played a guy yesterday that had LBJ at PG and Ruby Magic at PF. Obviously whooped him by halftime but it was still annoying, nonetheless. Hopefully, baseline rim finishes are reduced this year. So sick of Ruby Kobe throwing reverse dunks on BOTH Yao and Zo. As for zig-zag cheesing, that's going to be difficult to remove since movement is a part of basketball.

Also, that Rookie Jordan card doesn't worry me at all. Like others have said, it's based on just his FIRST EVER game along with the fact that it will be a limited edition. I see him being an 86 overall (will bump when correct). The question is whether people will be allowed to sell him which I don't think will be the case.

Lastly, not going to bother checking but to the person that said that KD was "nothing" in his rookie season obviously didn't watch him in '08 or was exaggerating. He only averaged 20/4/2 on 43%/29%3PT/87%FT. Yeah, it wasn't the 28/6/6 on 51% that MJ put up but KD's rookie card not being op doesn't mean that his season wasn't great. He was fantastic for a rookie.
1. You can't just look at raw box score numbers when comparing players. Smh. Come on now. Are you new to this?

2. KDs rookie year was NOTHING compared to Jordan. A rookie Harden, Davis or Curry (cover athletes) would have made more sense. Let people pick which one they want.

3. I was talking more about his card. He was a generic silver card. Nothing special. I would put Hayward or any other high silver wing against him happily. A gold rookie Jordan from day one is madness.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:03 AM   #44
Banned

Also I don't think they actually mentioned position restrictions did they?
Old 07-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
It's the first i'm hearing about that as well. Also, to saruaqua: i wouldn't be surprised that if magic played today he might be a pf, probably a sf but definitely doubtful as pg. Either way, i personally don't care about position restrictions as much as i do lineup restrictions but that's been beaten to death so nm...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 07:43 AM   #46
QNo
MVP

Quote:
They did, indirectly, saying that "you don't want to be running Shaq at PF" in 2k16 or something like that. And that MJ will be about an 82-85OVR, it'll be a good card, especially in the first month or so, but nowhere near gamebreaking. I'm not too worried about him baseline-dunking, either. Not only is it possible that that's not as powerful as it is now (already nerfed and rather easy to defend, by the way), but MJ didn't dunk a single time in his first game.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #47
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Quote:
1. You can't just look at raw box score numbers when comparing players. Smh. Come on now. Are you new to this?

2. KDs rookie year was NOTHING compared to Jordan. A rookie Harden, Davis or Curry (cover athletes) would have made more sense. Let people pick which one they want.

3. I was talking more about his card. He was a generic silver card. Nothing special. I would put Hayward or any other high silver wing against him happily. A gold rookie Jordan from day one is madness.
1. I chose to only post raw box score numbers because I didn't want to bother writing a long post on why KD was a great rookie. I could but it would be a waste of my time.

2. Maybe you need to go back and reread what I posted because I clearly stated KD's rookie season was in no comparison to MJ's rookie season. It was obviously inferior. KD was on the cover of this past year's game so he deserved that card. Also, what is wrong with there being a rookie MJ? I could almost guarantee you that that MJ rookie card will in no way be a problem for most gamers combined with the fact that he's a limited edition.

3. To be honest, maybe we're all jumping to conclusions. We don't know if he's going to be op or not. His athleticism might say something, though.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:54 PM   #48
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
It's the first i'm hearing about that as well. Also, to saruaqua: i wouldn't be surprised that if magic played today he might be a pf, probably a sf but definitely doubtful as pg. Either way, i personally don't care about position restrictions as much as i do lineup restrictions but that's been beaten to death so nm...
But that's not the problem, Bonium. Excluding his game 6 in the 1980 Nba Finals, Magic didn't start playing bigman until after his first retirement. This dude was playing PRIME Magic at PF . Also, it has nothing to do with what position he would play in today's league because we don't know but my guess would be that he stays at PG just to go off topic for a bit.

That LeBron at PG is some bull****, though. Only scrubs, IMHO, do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »