Home

NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

This is all getting TOO MUCH. Moment Cards? Are you kidding me? Yeah it's great that there are no more Pink Diamond Cards but imagine how many "in the moment" cards there will be. There is still going to be highly cheesy unrealistic players out there. "Lets see if Michael Jordan, playing as the 63 point playoff game card, can beat the 71 point game David Robinson card's team." They made this way to complicated and honestly ruined the fun of "what if" in this mode. It seems they were running out of ideas and needed something new to add to myteam. But my thoughts are, why can't they just keep fixing what is working about your mode, and not add and subtract all this stuff from it. So no more Onyx cards? I have to play with 34 rebound game dennis rodman?

Onyx cards were great, because they were actual representations of the players from their best seasons. It gave you a whole season of them realistically performing at that rate. David Robinson scored 71 in one game of his entire 987 game career! But we get his GOD Card to play with? They were running out of new ideas to get people to buy cards so they resorted to single game stats, pathetic.

The Ruby cards were the perfect representations of 2k's greediness.They were terrible, because they took players and just inflated their stats(fvcking Darryl dawkins 99 speed). They made up fake make believe characters for you to play as in their version of NBA Street. And Pink Diamonds became God Mode cards that were just cheap and cheesy cards.

The different card tiers for their overall is nice, hopefully they work that favorably into the online play. Because it would be nice not having to face an all Amethyst team when I want to just play with golds and silvers.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #50
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoelite5
This is all getting TOO MUCH. Moment Cards? Are you kidding me? Yeah it's great that there are no more Pink Diamond Cards but imagine how many "in the moment" cards there will be. There is still going to be highly cheesy unrealistic players out there. "Lets see if Michael Jordan, playing as the 63 point playoff game card, can beat the 71 point game David Robinson card's team." They made this way to complicated and honestly ruined the fun of "what if" in this mode. It seems they were running out of ideas and needed something new to add to myteam. But my thoughts are, why can't they just keep fixing what is working about your mode, and not add and subtract all this stuff from it. So no more Onyx cards? I have to play with 34 rebound game dennis rodman?

Onyx cards were great, because they were actual representations of the players from their best seasons. It gave you a whole season of them realistically performing at that rate. David Robinson scored 71 in one game of his entire 987 game career! But we get his GOD Card to play with? They were running out of new ideas to get people to buy cards so they resorted to single game stats, pathetic.

The Ruby cards were the perfect representations of 2k's greediness.They were terrible, because they took players and just inflated their stats(fvcking Darryl dawkins 99 speed). They made up fake make believe characters for you to play as in their version of NBA Street. And Pink Diamonds became God Mode cards that were just cheap and cheesy cards.

The different card tiers for their overall is nice, hopefully they work that favorably into the online play. Because it would be nice not having to face an all Amethyst team when I want to just play with golds and silvers.
thats how myteam/ultimate team modes work. they release super inflated cheesy cards to build excitement and get people to spend money.

Madden Ultimate Team has gotten out of control and released cards with 105+ ratings.

in the beginning 2k released ruby cards that had realistic ratings but they got called out because their ratings were identical to their gold versions. Thats when they started releasing ruby cards with crazy ratings

Last edited by yungsta404; 07-23-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:35 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoelite5
This is all getting TOO MUCH. Moment Cards? Are you kidding me? Yeah it's great that there are no more Pink Diamond Cards but imagine how many "in the moment" cards there will be. There is still going to be highly cheesy unrealistic players out there. "Lets see if Michael Jordan, playing as the 63 point playoff game card, can beat the 71 point game David Robinson card's team." They made this way to complicated and honestly ruined the fun of "what if" in this mode. It seems they were running out of ideas and needed something new to add to myteam. But my thoughts are, why can't they just keep fixing what is working about your mode, and not add and subtract all this stuff from it. So no more Onyx cards? I have to play with 34 rebound game dennis rodman? .

The moments cards are for players that have great performances this upcoming season. You won't see moments card for historic player that MJ card is the exception. They only talked about 3 themes so far, I'm pretty sure throwback cards are coming back tho.

XB1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #52
Rookie

"Special Moments" cards are the LAST thing this mode needs. Just a cheesy way to get people to buy more packs. A guy has ONE good game and now someone can cheese with that card for eternity.

A straight rip-off of Madden Ultimate Team...and exactly what 2K should not be doing with this mode.

Another terrible decision is positional restrictions. Talk about a step backwards. As the actual NBA moves more towards "position-less basketball" and traditional "positions" are basically disappearing around the NBA, 2K decides that its a good time to add this?

Fix the game and the exploits...don't try to cover that stuff up with silly position restrictions.

Having ratings go down for playing someone "out of position" is even dumber. As if a player plays worse just because he is in a different "position".

Fact - these "positions" are nothing more than ways to try to make it easier for casual fans to try to understand the game.

Last edited by 2kNerd; 07-30-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The '85 Jordan card was one of the best "point guards" in 2K15, due to his height and his near-max athleticism/dunking/defense ratings.

If '85 Jordan is restricted to only playing at SG in 2K16, then he won't be that effective outside of fastbreaks. But if he's allowed to play PG again this year, he's going to be a huge pain to matchup against for anyone that's trying to use a real PG.
I'd argue this isn't a 'position' problem, but a gameplay problem.

It has much more to do with Speed being overvalued and cheesy. Speed + Sprint being the real culprit. I've argued before that the Sprint/Turbo button needs to be removed. If you want to replace it with a short term Burst button, that would be better. Sort of a modifier...with some players having more than others. You know...like real life.

This 'position' stuff is going away in today's NBA. Which makes it an odd time for 2K to put position restrictions in place.

And it's not just a recent thing. Look at the great Bulls teams in Jordan's 2nd go-round. Their best lineup was probably Ron Harper-Jordan-Pippen-Kukoc-Rodman.

That's 4 long, athletic wing players around a defensive-minded rebounding maniac. if you're going to try and argue that team had 'positions' you're probably not old enough to have seen it play.

Pippen often brought the ball up and initiated a lot of offense. Jordan did a lot of damage in the post. Kukoc could do just about anything. And all 4 wings they had could shoot the 3.

Putting positional restrictions in place just to cover up gameplay issues is just an admission of guilt by 2K that they haven't addressed obvious gameplay issues. And it does nothing to limit the effectiveness of positional outliers, like fast athletic centers....or tall, fast guards who can dunk at the rim.

This is why guys like Zach Levine, Gerald Green, and Jared freaking Cunningham are always overly effective in 2K.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:46 PM   #54
QNo
MVP

True, positional restrictions do cover up gameplay issues. In an ideal world such restrictions wouldn't be necessary since 2k could replicate players' strengths and weaknesses well enough. But the reality is that not having restrictions introduces all kinds of cheese, so I prefer a bandaid over that.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
True, positional restrictions do cover up gameplay issues. In an ideal world such restrictions wouldn't be necessary since 2k could replicate players' strengths and weaknesses well enough. But the reality is that not having restrictions introduces all kinds of cheese, so I prefer a bandaid over that.
Again...the cheese will still exist. In fact, I'd argue it makes it easier to cheese.

If LeBron can only play SF and only be guarded by SF's - it limits your options on defending him.

MyTeam needs to be a sandbox. If people want to play an all-under-6-foot team, they should be able to. The problem is because of gameplay flaws, a team like this wouldn't be punished in the post. And would just be able to Turbo and Zig Zag around the court.

It's a band-aid that fixes nothing. And there will be unintended consequences - book that. And what about someone like me who wants to play a 'tricky' lineup like Kukoc-Turkoglu-Anthony Mason-Boris Diaw-Draymond Green?

Why should I be restricted from that just because 2K can't program their game to better represent real basketball?

I don't believe that playing guys in different positions is even 'cheese'. Cheese to me is abusing glitches and exploits that exist in gameplay, not putting different lineups on the court - thats just basketball.

Perfect example is people whining about Paul George playing PF this year. And now what are the Pacers going to do this year with Paul George?

Play him at PF. With basically 3 guards around him - George Hill, Monta Ellis, Stuckey.

This is happening in the NBA. And 2K is going to prevent people from doing it?

The Raptors signed Demarre Carroll with his versatility and the thought of him playing some PF for them in mind. Yet 2K is going to try and prevent that in MyTeam?

Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense.

Before putting in 'position restrictions' maybe they should think twice about releasing Ruby cards of PF's and C's with 99 in Speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2015, 02:18 PM   #56
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
Why should I be restricted from that just because 2K can't program their game to better represent real basketball?
The reality is that the game isn't far enough in it's evolution yet. You choose to deny this, I choose to live with the consequences of that reality. If I have to choose between cheese & no restrictions on the one hand or no cheese & restrictions on the other, I'll gladly choose the latter. Denying that there will be less cheese because of this is just a claim that lacks any facts or logic backing it up.

Which non-SF is better suited than guys like Artest in guarding LBJ? 3rd, they will presumably still have secondary positions, so you can still play DeMarre at PF. It would be damn stupid if this wasn't in the game, but there's no reason to think that they would take this feature out, so we get the best of both world. I haven't seen anybody whine about PG13 playing PF, either. It is even possible that they introduce tertiary positions.

We also don't know that there are restrictions offline as well as online yet, we'll see. If we can either run LBJ at PG or run an all C lineup, and losing the ability to do one costs us the ability to do both, I'm very happy with this trade-off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »