Home

it just ****** amazes me how ****** horrible this game mode is now

This is a discussion on it just ****** amazes me how ****** horrible this game mode is now within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
it just ****** amazes me how ****** horrible this game mode is now

like does 2k not care about the state of this game mode? ever since patch 4 came out this game has been a cesspool of casual Trash.

in myteams before i been able to get to 4th seed and higher cause i enjoyed myself and playing actual ball.

but lol i dont even see me getting past 6th seed here cause of the ammount of trash i seen here. and i dont think i even want to. from hearing my boy meltdowns while in parties as he completed this, i know for a fact, THERE IS WORSE DOWN THE ROAD. ((well probably till the 4th seed) this game mode is the MOST HAND HOLDING CASUAL mode i ever played in a sports game.

first, Why does 2k allow people to be in games shooting nothing but Ill advised 3s. why cant the guy playing "basketball" be rewarded for playing the damn game like it should. instead we get sucked into a nail biter cause we have to play FLAWLESSLY, while the other guy does stupid move after stupid and get rewarded.

second, Can we get this ******* mode off of pro? like Damn. Terrence rosss and lavine shouldnt be attempting career highs of broken animations and 3pt shooting. like the OTHER GAME as much as we call them bad and what not. WISED UP and put their **** on what would probably be superstar on 2k.

like i just quit out of a game where my opponent out of his first 15 shots took 13 3s. due to that and lavine running thru my defenses with unbreakable animations what was EVEN STOPING LEBRON already horrible animations. mean while im playing bball and working for my points and i cant buy a bucket.

i just cant. 2k15 has to be the worst bball game in the cheese and BS dept. and i hate that scrubs in every online aspect of this game get rewarded for being cheesers and asshats and 2k wont do **** about it. i really dont know how you guys can do this.

i just had to let some steam off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 09:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: it just ****** amazes me how ****** horrible this game mode is now

I played through the lower seeds before patch 4. I can imagine how bad it is post patch 4. No need to rage tho MyTeam just might not be for you. Sadly it's geared towards casuals.

XBL Scramz B
Old 07-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Like. I Wana play it for the make your own team aspects, the community is trash. This game would have been perfect with a offline rttp.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:20 AM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I'm in the same boat as you man. I'm stuck in the 4th seed and I've lost maybe twice all year in MyTeam to guys who actually knew basketball and played it better than me.

The zig zag cheese creates easy pull up shots, which stems from the pro difficulty. Also doesn't help that the defenders ice skate while guarding these zaggers too.

I've also noticed that the entire baseline is rigged. Dunks, mid range jumpers, and 3s will drop 99% of the time uncontested and 75% of the time contested.

The main problem with MyTeam is that it rewards users WAY too much for not being able to score in the paint.

I'm sure 2k16 will fix most of these issues however, simply because 2k15 is about as bad as it'll ever get imo. I don't remember any other 2k game rewarding dumb basketball as much as 2k15 has, so 2k16 will have to fix it.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I played through the lower seeds before patch 4. I can imagine how bad it is post patch 4. No need to rage tho MyTeam just might not be for you. Sadly it's geared towards casuals.

XBL Scramz B
It's horrible now. On my main account i did the lower seeds before patch 4 as well and barely ever got a loss. In seed 1 and 2 i win like 90% pretty easily. But now on my 2nd account i'm back in the lower seeds, i barely made it through seed 5 and i'm currently 1-3 in seed 4.

It's completely ridiculous. All the crap they do there just doesn't work (as much) in the high seeds:
- Dribbling aimlessly into 2-3 defenders,
- zigzagging with the ball morphing through my defender,
- reverse baseline dunks left and right,
- contested shots in general,
- the dreaded 3rd quarter momentum (1st, 2nd and 4th quarter you win by about 15-12 each and then third quarter miraculously you lose 6-22. Doing the exact same thing, only difference is you're throwing 10ft chest passes out of bounds, missing dunks/layups and open shots while your opponent just makes every contested shot and gets sent to the line for no reason.) And then they think they're the better player even though it's clear as day that 2k just bailed them out.

It's absurd really when you think about it. Seed 1 and 2 are the easiest ones, depending on your playstyle of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #6
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Completely understand how you're feeling. This is exactly why I finished RTTP back in January. I've actually had no problems repeatedly beating the 1st seed, post patch 4, but the games, for the most part, haven't been fun at all. I actually faced a guy with a lineup of '96 Ruby MJ at pg, Onyx T-Mac, PD Bird, Onyx LBJ, and Onyx D-Rob who beat me by only 9 pts despite zigzag cheesing/playing zone, then proceeded to trash talk after the game like he had done something special. Players like that should be banned from ever playing the game, IMHO. They zap all the enjoyment from the game.
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns
Old 07-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #7
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Lost the 1st 2 games of the day.

1st to a guy who played nothing but offball D (i put this one more on me) but it was still annoying. then lost game due to LBJ at point runnning Baseline the whole game. and he was in game chat acting like im the one who is trash<_<. come on.

if 2k wants to see more money out of me. they better go back to making BAsketball games, and not NBAJAM casual Situations. the only shining light this game has ATM is online leagues with people who have to play ball. otherwise we kick them out.

this game rewards too much BS.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:15 AM   #8
Rookie

Agree with everything posted

1 thing i know is it take serious skill to beat these new era players . It seem like the games difficulty adjusts to how you play. Meaning player A who spent over 200 bucks to build a superteam and just shoots 3 pointers with Korver and Paul George while playing 0 defense will have an easier time competing.

At the other end you are actually using isos/pnrs/using big men in the post/ subbing tired players and playing on ball d but cant get loose balls or snag any rebounds. And on top of that the cpu defense your going against is HOF status ,.... you have to play a perfect game To win.

Atm my best player is Joe Dumars and maybe Spencer Haywood heading on my way back into 5th seed.

dont know if id be on 16 tho this game is wacky.

Someone else said it best . YOU cant just walk onto MKX and think you good because you played a unbeatable sub zero in MK3 heck even MK9 you will go online and get dragged through mud for 2 rounds

Why doesnt this apply for 2k ? At least give us 1 mode where there is no handicap/ hand holding to keep games close . whats so hard about that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »