Home

2k16 Myteam needs this system in RTTP

This is a discussion on 2k16 Myteam needs this system in RTTP within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2015, 01:45 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
2k16 Myteam needs this system in RTTP

Keep the Seeds (Q-1st) but this time if they are going back the route of limitations and what not. instead of getting Demoted down to the below seed, make it where you just restart. i mean i get that its there for the risk factor, but come on. when 2k wants to give you BS Ls for lag or you face cheesey people, who really wana get punished by getting demoted.

2nd, after you complete a seed, KEEP IT OPEN for you to play. example. lets say you enjoy the 8/7th seed for the bronze restriction more than the 5th when the **** hits the fan. they should allow you to keep playing games in the 8th seed just for your fun and assumement instead of forcing you to keep moving on up.

3rd, add a offline season. There MORE than enough players in the League today and in the past to be able to make random teams for users who either cant or DONT wana play online and deal with BS. plus it gives people sometime else to do when they run out of things. Fifa does a great job at this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Re: 2k16 Myteam needs this system in RTTP

This is the best RTTP seeding idea I've seen. I just want a mode where I can play competitively with an unrestricted lineup and not have to worry about getting demoted.

Edit: And please please please put the difficulty on Superstar. It's definitely the most fun, yet balanced, difficulty. I've basically moved to ranked quick matches and couch co-op, because I don't have to play with 3 golds all the time.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

Last edited by pro_cow_tipper; 07-30-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
Banned

Just give us a checklist of which seeds we can search for and make it auto choose the best team that qualifies or let us assign the team we create to the seed(s) we want to use it in.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Solid points made by you especially the idea of the second one. We should be able to go back and limitlessly play in any seed that we choose. It's kinda like 007: Everything or Nothing from 11 years ago just to get away from sports for a little. Any mission that you complete is a mission that you could play anytime. Why not add this method in a sports game?

Another point I'll make to add to your 3rd one is adding a practice court so we could test out any new player(s) that we buy. It would also help if they fix the servers which is the biggest problem with 2K, imo.
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns
Old 07-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #5
MVP

Also, the way they do the restrictions for Seeds could be improved. Right now, it's:

Qualifying: 1 Silver, Rest Bronze
8th: 1 Silver, Rest Bronze
7th: 3 Gold, Rest Silver/Bronze
6th: 3 Gold, Rest Silver/Bronze
5th: Unrestricted
4th-1st: Unrestricted

The jumps from 8th and 7th, then 6th and 5th make no real sense. Why not make a couple lower seeds where it's no Gold but rest Silver+ is fine?

And then go to all Gold, but no Gems? Culminating in maybe 1st-3rd Seeds being Unrestricted?

I like OP's suggestion of being able to go backward and play previous Seeds, so long as one fields a qualifying lineup. I could imagine enjoying playing "no more than Silver" Seeds really fun, because I think Silver offers the most diversity. No crazy-standout cards when comparing Silver to Silver.

Goran Dragic seems to be very popular as best Silver PG, but a strong case could be made for at least half a dozen others.

But when you go to Gold, then LBJ, PG13, and KD become almost automatic.

Of course...the better way would be to have Seeds have average Overall Rating limits, allowing one to have a more realistic mix of stars and scrubs, but apparently it's too hard for 2K to program in such complex math.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #6
QNo
MVP

The way they've set up the card ranks for next year - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Amethyst, Diamond - lends itself to a much more natural progression system.

I like the idea about being able to replay old seeds, but, I don't like the idea that you can't be relegated from a competitive standpoint. I also don't see how it could work. If someone needs 8/12 wins to advance, but loses the first two games, they might intentionally lose out/quit until the seed gets reset. That makes it incredibly easy for everybody to beat the seeds. Maybe they could make it so that you can play whichever seed you want and cant get relegated once you've beaten the first seed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »