Home

NBA 2k16 RTTP Discussion Topic

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 RTTP Discussion Topic within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #17
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k16 RTTP Discussion Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanking77
It really is terrible, almost worse than 2k15 in the fact that speed differences between players are very noticeable this year. For example if your opponent throws in bounds to lebron and you don't have a LeBron covering him he's just gone straight to rim even though my players started half way back lol. Was much better in lower seeds

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Too bad there isn't a way to organize a sim league or something. My Team really shines when you can only choose a few key stars and have to build a sensible system of role players around them.

When everyone is a superstar you aren't even playing basketball anymore.

It's like football but you can't touch the guys so they are just running it in over and over lol
Old 10-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Too bad there isn't a way to organize a sim league or something. My Team really shines when you can only choose a few key stars and have to build a sensible system of role players around them.

When everyone is a superstar you aren't even playing basketball anymore.

It's like football but you can't touch the guys so they are just running it in over and over lol
Well said!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 01:43 PM   #19
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm in Seed 6 at the moment getting ready to advance. So far my games have been pretty good. Holding guys to around 40 points per game. My squad is built around defense and rebounding.

A few things I should warn people of that I've seen so far:

- The transition defense in 2K16 is really bad so its best that you run down the court as soon as you put up your shot.

- If you play on-ball defense, leave a cushion in between you and the opponent. Force them to take the jumpshot. The paint is pretty easy to score in at times so give them the J. Also try to force them baseline because the baseline cheese is gone.

- Pick n Rolls are super effective in My Team. Go into your Def Settings and adjust them based on what your opponent is doing. Sometimes you have to guard the roll man manually.

I'm only in seed 6 so i haven't played any Amethyst cards yet. Can anyone shed some light on how the game plays in the higher seeds?

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-07-2015, 01:46 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I'm only in seed 6 so i haven't played any Amethyst cards yet. Can anyone shed some light on how the game plays in the higher seeds?
=
Ironically, RTTP right now seems to be more sim and less cheese than Play Now, from my experience.

I'm working through the 4th seed (6-2) so I'm not at the very top yet, but so far in this first unrestricted seed I've had mostly good, sim style games. I can recall one loss being to a LeBron abuser. But definitely some good half court play styles with players picking their spots in the transition game. Lots of PnR so there is some frustration trying to stop strong finishing roll men. Probably 1/2 have had on-ball defense users (or at least not straight center campers).

A bit of dilemma for me is whether to keep going so early on in the year. Part of me worries that once there are many amethysts out there, the paint cheese will be near unstoppable. But my competitive side wants to wait to beat the mode until there are some really strong cards on every team. I think I will try to strike a balance and once I'm in seed 2 or 1, slow down until more legends are released.

One thing's for sure, it's a stark difference from the unrestricted seeds of late 2K15. I think right now there are a lot of skilled diehards in the higher seeds so I've been getting pretty good games.

Last edited by Biaxident; 10-07-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:55 AM   #21
Rookie

BTW, I wish 2K just stuck with giving out VIP packs/boxes for winning each seed. Or some kind of special edition pack would be nice. I think I like that approach more than everyone getting guys like Gold Elvin Hayes. I've pulled Ginobili and Hayward from RTTP, both on my roster and guys I'm happy to own. YMMV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 02:47 AM   #22
Rookie

I'm 3 and 4 overall

3 disconnects so in games that lasted longer than 1 minute im 3-1
Old 10-07-2015, 07:47 AM   #23
MVP

jk31's Arena

Do I need to say more? Game disconnects BEFORE the tipoff, and it counts as my 0:0 loss, though my opponent forces it by changnig defensive settings (which everytime results in a disconnect in games where I am involved, regardless of gamemode...).

"game will not be counted" .... yeah, sure...
Old 10-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #24
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31

Do I need to say more? Game disconnects BEFORE the tipoff, and it counts as my 0:0 loss, though my opponent forces it by changnig defensive settings (which everytime results in a disconnect in games where I am involved, regardless of gamemode...).

"game will not be counted" .... yeah, sure...
Yeah, I've had over 50% of my games being automatic losses so far. It's quite the joke, really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »