Home

The Gauntlet

This is a discussion on The Gauntlet within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Gauntlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
I like the randomness of it, but when you get stuck with 3 71 rated players and end up playing Lebron, CP3 and a gold it blows.
I just had a game where I had Demarcus Cousins (my card), and got assigned Dante Cunningham, and the Antonio Davis from the 2000 Raptors. He had James Harden, Larry Sanders, and a decent silver guard, I forgot who he was. No one on my team could shoot, dribble, or run... Had to back it down with Cousins every time and I ended up winning 21-16 lol. People just don't know how to take advantage of mismatches in this game... He could've killed me with Harden every time, but was 2-11 with his other players... If he would've shot those with Harden, he would've won.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 1

If I face an easy opponent, i just let them score every posession when im up by 3 or more. Otherwise it just takes too long. I don't really enjoy the boring atmosphere around the game.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #75
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by young2kjesus
I just had a game where I had Demarcus Cousins (my card), and got assigned Dante Cunningham, and the Antonio Davis from the 2000 Raptors. He had James Harden, Larry Sanders, and a decent silver guard, I forgot who he was. No one on my team could shoot, dribble, or run... Had to back it down with Cousins every time and I ended up winning 21-16 lol. People just don't know how to take advantage of mismatches in this game... He could've killed me with Harden every time, but was 2-11 with his other players... If he would've shot those with Harden, he would've won.
My first game I had to go against Amethyst Elgin Baylor with Taj Gibson and Pero Antic lol. Dude let me lock up prime Elgin Baylor with TAJ GIBSON!? How do you let that happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
My first game I had to go against Amethyst Elgin Baylor with Taj Gibson and Pero Antic lol. Dude let me lock up prime Elgin Baylor with TAJ GIBSON!? How do you let that happen?
hahaha smh
Old 10-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #77
MVP

The one thing needed most is to be able to set your defensive strategy, tell your teammates not to help and play tighter on shooters.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
The one thing needed most is to be able to set your defensive strategy, tell your teammates not to help and play tighter on shooters.
on one hand, I like not having any settings...the games are long enough as is...and also its forcing you to adapt/get better

on the other hand, defense is the hardest aspect of this mode and cpu controlled players are horrible. had a game where I had Francis and when I would switch him on to Lebron he would just let him go right by like "I aint guardin him!"
Old 10-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 4

Oh 2K why do you hate me so?

Just had a dude who kept spamming spin moves and his Melo and Mark Jackson (77 and 65 3pt rating respectively) combine for 7-15 from three including the game winner from Jackson while I couldn't buy a basket (1-5 with Kawhi and Patty Mills all wide open shots).
Old 10-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #80
Rookie

So i just got on the gold board pulled a dirk and dragic but im not finding jerseys logos or silver or bronze players ? maybe im just having bad luck but if theyre not on the gold board that needs to be fixed

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »