Home

The Gauntlet

This is a discussion on The Gauntlet within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Gauntlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
for me its the opposite. I am good in regular games. but it prob was just that I am not used to Lillard. I played with Steph once and he was ok....didnt shoot that many with him, and of course there is the fadeaway issue if anyone is close to him.
It's just too inconsistent this year. One minute you're hitting 5 3s in a row, the next you miss 10 open 3s in a row. It's like 2K made everybody shoot like JR Smith
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #66
MVP

I thought it was fun at first but it starts to feel like a grind, gets to be monotonous. Still a good way to get free cards but needs something to keep it interesting.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:21 PM   #67
Rookie

So, how do you strategize for this, guys? Do you field all 10 bronze players when starting with the bronze board or do you field all your best 10 players as soon as possible?
Old 10-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #68
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

My guys are giant killers in this mode lol. Just took out Bob Dandridge and 2 other golds with Courtney Lee, Nate Wolters, and a garbage silver historic.

When is 2k gonna stop screwing me over with the trial cards tho?
Old 10-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
My guys are giant killers in this mode lol. Just took out Bob Dandridge and 2 other golds with Courtney Lee, Nate Wolters, and a garbage silver historic.

When is 2k gonna stop screwing me over with the trial cards tho?
2K is killing me too with these cards... I have all golds except for Crawford and J. Kidd, but keep getting these trash silver cards a good 50% of the time.

Still end up winning though. The 3 is easily abused in gauntlet. When you don't have a shooter, it's hard to win
Old 10-13-2015, 08:05 PM   #70
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Some improvements can definitely be made with the type of trial cards you get AND the teams you get matched up against.

Since you have 3 slots it would be nice to have a balanced team of a PG, SG/SF, and PF/C with every draw. Right now I have to go to war with Jeremy Lamb, JJ Redick, and another silver guard, no big ;-;

I'm not sure if I'm getting matched up with people in the Gold and Amethyst brackets even when I'm in Bronze, but everyone that I have played have had more than 1 gold or better player....
Old 10-14-2015, 08:40 AM   #71
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
Some improvements can definitely be made with the type of trial cards you get AND the teams you get matched up against.

Since you have 3 slots it would be nice to have a balanced team of a PG, SG/SF, and PF/C with every draw. Right now I have to go to war with Jeremy Lamb, JJ Redick, and another silver guard, no big ;-;

I'm not sure if I'm getting matched up with people in the Gold and Amethyst brackets even when I'm in Bronze, but everyone that I have played have had more than 1 gold or better player....
I like this aspect that its completely random. Forces you to adapt.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #72
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
I like this aspect that its completely random. Forces you to adapt.
I like the randomness of it, but when you get stuck with 3 71 rated players and end up playing Lebron, CP3 and a gold it blows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »