Home

how do i beat 76ers in domination??

This is a discussion on how do i beat 76ers in domination?? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: how do i beat 76ers in domination??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
You might just need to change your lineup and you would beat them much easier. I had pero antic as the center and used him as pick/fade option to get hibbert to leave the paint. And if he doesnt than you got a open 3.

Sometimes its just a little adjustment you need to make, eventually you will beat the cpu in double digits consistently.
I will echo this. Having some bigs with outside shooting for pick and pop is essential against teams with good rim protection. It doesn't have to be three point range, but get a guy with a solid mid-range game and you should be able to draw the rim protection out, meaning you can either get a shot or a backdoor cut to the rim for easy points inside.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

When I first started...I lost about 5 or 6 games before I beat them. I had the players, but the key was I didnt have a good playbook. Jordan and D. Booker were my best two players. Jordan from pre-order and Booker from starter pack. All the games I lost I was devoid of any 3pt game. I bought the Heat playbook and it sucked. The playbook that I used to beat them was ironically the 76ers....which is to date still my favorite playbook. I used Jordan and Booker to deadly effect. After that, I won about 4 games straight with that playbook.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:08 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBGlass
Yeah I'm sucking at the Lakers got one gold and four silvers as starters, that classic third quarter surge/slump is killing me
I had a ridiculously hard time with the Lakers, in a way. Had two or three really close losses that drove me crazy and then played stupid and lost two or three by big margins.

Then won by a big margin. For me, against the Lakers, the key was defense. Controlling my PF on D and just letting Julius Randle go wherever the hell he wanted to go and only bothering to guard him if he cut into the paint.

That and being very careful not to hard hedge on the PnR, because the CPU is really good at passing to the roll man and with the slow, ****ty centers that one has with a newbie lineup, it's really hard to make up ground. Hibbert was dunking all over me until I soft hedged and, better yet, didn't control my Center.

Otherwise, on D, make sure to pay more attention to sticking to Nick Young who is they guy who'll hurt you the most from outside. Aside from that, however, just defend the paint.

And, in general, Fast Breaks are the easiest way to score, so try to make sure your wings are fast and have decent Driving Layup ratings. Beyond that, with **** cards, I think the most reliable way to score is the old-fashioned way: learn plays. Preferably ones that create mid-range opportunities since most of the guys will have ****ty post games and will be unreliable from 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 06:50 AM   #12
Pro

JBGlass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl

I bought Tyreke Evans to stick with Kobe and finally won, just beat Brooklyn forgot where I'm at now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #13
MVP

I got stuck on the Pelicans. I have some great players but I dont want to use OP teams...I am trying to get really good at the game by using minimal talent. I played them about 10 times. I lost most of them and I won about 3 times...but I didnt get points. They ate too much clock for me to get enough points up. One game went triple overtime and we scored about 80 each but I lost. Again, the key for me wasnt the players, but the play style. I just pressed them the whole game and beat em by about 20 when I finally won.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:47 PM   #14
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

How do you pull off a fast break? The CPU makes it look so easy, but I can rarely do it. Rebound, outlet pass to point guard, look for a shooter down-court, right?
Old 10-28-2015, 12:29 AM   #15
Banned

Enso's Arena

Set your defensive settings to run in transition. Play good D, steal or rebound & outlet. Make sure you have decent players who can run the break and finish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #16
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

I'm also having trouble beating Philadelphia. I still have my mostly newbish lineup: Rozier, Anderson, Sean Elliott, Acy, Olynyk. I did get Isaiah Thomas via MyCareer connections, but he got injured in his second game.

I'm having some success by really focusing on the 76ers big men when I'm on defense. If I keep the paint Sixer-free, I have a decent chance for a stop.

On offense, I get a good look maybe half the time, usually on fast breaks. Plays don't often seem to get a guy open. Pick and roll or pick and pop frees someone up about half the time, but my finishers aren't great.

The closest I've come to a win is a 5 point deficit, and just now I lost by 11. Maybe I just need better players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »