Home

Runes -> Black Market

This is a discussion on Runes -> Black Market within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Runes -> Black Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstruso
Are the Runes only on current cards or has anybody found one on a dynamic or historic card?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I haven't on a couple but cant imagine they dont. Just know the runes don't transfer so dont get scammed.

I wonder if every player has set runes or cards just randomly have them.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #50
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Are the Runes only on current cards or has anybody found one on a dynamic or historic card?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
yo I got one rune in the historic collection and it didn't add to the code of regular season runes. means I need to find 5 runes in historic to unlock a new black market again.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
yo I got one rune in the historic collection and it didn't add to the code of regular season runes. means I need to find 5 runes in historic to unlock a new black market again.
Nice find.

Since Runes are not transferable, they are either card locked or user specific. If user specific, it's wildly random or from a set number generated. I find it hard to believe it's totally generated from all cards. Imagine your 31 cards being mostly high end cards.

So here's my thought. If you have multiple runes, post them here and keep it updated. My theory is this. Some of us may be, intertwined. For example, if someone and myself could find out we both have Troy Daniels runed. If thats the case, why not tryout the other runes each other has. If someone has more than one mutual rune? That would get interesting.

EDIT: Knowing the actual rune's correspondence on the card is a key too. There is a photo with each rune on 2kHead that should work. Going left to right starting at the top you can give it a number.

My runes;
Dwight Howard
Trevor Ariza (Rune - 1)
Troy Daniels
Nik Stauskas
R.J. Hunter (Rune - 11)

(Need to check on the other runes numbers when I get home)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
Good to know. I guess Dynamics don't have Runes, at least I haven't found one yet. I was hoping that every current team has 1 rune in the collection, but I have just finish the Celtics collections and there was no Rune player. I have also completed Jazz, Lakers and Hawks recently and they had 1 Rune each, so I flipped all the Celtics players several times but I couldn't find one.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons28
Nice find.

Since Runes are not transferable, they are either card locked or user specific. If user specific, it's wildly random or from a set number generated. I find it hard to believe it's totally generated from all cards. Imagine your 31 cards being mostly high end cards.

So here's my thought. If you have multiple runes, post them here and keep it updated. My theory is this. Some of us may be, intertwined. For example, if someone and myself could find out we both have Troy Daniels runed. If thats the case, why not tryout the other runes each other has. If someone has more than one mutual rune? That would get interesting.

EDIT: Knowing the actual rune's correspondence on the card is a key too. There is a photo with each rune on 2kHead that should work. Going left to right starting at the top you can give it a number.

My runes;
Dwight Howard
Trevor Ariza (Rune - 1)
Troy Daniels
Nik Stauskas
R.J. Hunter (Rune - 11)

(Need to check on the other runes numbers when I get home)
I guess Runes are user specific. The game picks randomly let's say 15 bronze 10 silver and 5 gold cards as your runes. So it will be just coincidence when 2 users have the same players as runes. Same goes probably for the rune's correspondence, first found rune gets Rune A, second rune gets Rune B etc. That would be the easiest way for 2k to do it.

Teague\A.Brown\Haslem\Nogueira\Pleiss
Old 10-02-2015, 06:50 AM   #54
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Fellow MyTeam brotherhood

I would like to share some interesting theories and facts which I just figured out this morning.

I posted yesterday that the rune of historic dominiation didnt add to the code of regular season runes right?
Well guess what, I just found the 7th rune within regular season and it also didnt add to the 6th rune within the same collection.

My theory at this point is, that everyone is garantueed to get a code when finding 5 runes (and maybe it doesn't matters from which collection) but after the first unlocking of the black market there might be different ways to reopen the black market again

And now I'm coming to an interesting fact which proofs this state of mind.
Do you know those dynamic challenges which pop up within domination? For example "Make 12 Jumpshots with one player or make 5 and-1s with one player".

After finishing one of those you get a new code!
(it might only work if you have already 5+ runes though)

That's sounds absolutely amazing in the first place, but I got some bad news aswell: it is not garantueed that the code will consist of runes you already have!

That is a bit frustrating when you are 1 rune off the code (sigh)

But probably this is going to be the way how to complete ROTY collection.
I hope we can build on from here to new facts and ideas.

Cheers
Old 10-02-2015, 07:24 AM   #55
Pro

Interesting, but the ROTY collection has to be unlocked by 2k asap, I won't find anymore runes to get my rookies. You can not sell ROTY packs and then say: hey you won 3 special rookie cards, now you just have to find 25 more runes to really unlock them. They should be released asap, I payed 42k and I am still waiting for my stuff. This is just poor business by 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 07:52 AM   #56
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Interesting, but the ROTY collection has to be unlocked by 2k asap, I won't find anymore runes to get my rookies. You can not sell ROTY packs and then say: hey you won 3 special rookie cards, now you just have to find 25 more runes to really unlock them. They should be released asap, I payed 42k and I am still waiting for my stuff. This is just poor business by 2k.
ye i'm a bit mad aswell, especially about the fact that I got 6 ROTY dupes in the auctions (and I hold on to them until the patch) which means I can only flip 44 cards at the time.... it's about damn time the devs fix this...but i'm afraid we have to wait until next week

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »