Home

Domination Mode tips

This is a discussion on Domination Mode tips within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Domination Mode tips

Definitely don't underestimate the importance of playbooks.

Never realized they impacted the base set-up for an offense, thought it was only for the plays called.

I started off using Boston's playbook and was hating it. I don't mind a motion offense, but my bigs were constantly out on the 3-point line and when my posts consist of Elton Brand, Brandon Bass, Kris Humphries, and Carl Landry that's a bit of an issue.

I assumed the added emphasis of stretch 4's and skilled big men just changed the game's base offense engine, but then I switched to the Sixers playbook and things have been way better. My guards are on the wings, my bigs are in the post or in the elbow area, and I've gone from grinding games where I can't get any consistent offense going, to 15+ point wins against Utah and Brooklyn.

My starters are CJ Watson, MJ (found him for 5K on the AH this past weekend), Singler, Bass, and Brand -- so my team isn't much to write home about.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:13 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman11
Definitely don't underestimate the importance of playbooks.

Never realized they impacted the base set-up for an offense, thought it was only for the plays called.

I started off using Boston's playbook and was hating it. I don't mind a motion offense, but my bigs were constantly out on the 3-point line and when my posts consist of Elton Brand, Brandon Bass, Kris Humphries, and Carl Landry that's a bit of an issue.

I assumed the added emphasis of stretch 4's and skilled big men just changed the game's base offense engine, but then I switched to the Sixers playbook and things have been way better. My guards are on the wings, my bigs are in the post or in the elbow area, and I've gone from grinding games where I can't get any consistent offense going, to 15+ point wins against Utah and Brooklyn.

My starters are CJ Watson, MJ (found him for 5K on the AH this past weekend), Singler, Bass, and Brand -- so my team isn't much to write home about.
Playbooks are very vital. I loved them last year but this year they are crappy so far. Its like some of them are not even real plays and then some of the good ones the guys take too long to initiate. is there a way to speed up the start of the play? like you come across half court and use about 4-5 sec. then they take 10-12 sec to start the play sometimes. if the play doesnt work or the players are all covered, you have to hoist up a shot.

76ers was my favorite for a while and probably still is. I am using the Spurs book right now and found a few more usable plays than the 76ers.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:47 PM   #19
Rookie

I am having trouble to reach the 815 points required to get 3 stars against the Eastern All-Stars. I used to get a lot of blocks and to use fastbreaks but against this team is very difficult to have it. I am wandering if I need to use a specific playbook.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:28 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princ3com
I am having trouble to reach the 815 points required to get 3 stars against the Eastern All-Stars. I used to get a lot of blocks and to use fastbreaks but against this team is very difficult to have it. I am wandering if I need to use a specific playbook.
when your on a fastbreak and you have enough space, tap the post up button before you dunk or layup and you get the bonus post move score.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
when your on a fastbreak and you have enough space, tap the post up button before you dunk or layup and you get the bonus post move score.
Thank you! I have eventually beaten the East Allstars but I will use it against the West!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #22
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

Anyone else struggling against the Nets??

I can keep it close all game then they turn into Supermen in the 4th!

All the way through the games Jack plays like some NBA God and Lopez absolutely doninates Cousins. It's crazy!!

HELP!!!
Old 10-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #23
Rookie

I've come to the conclusion that you have to at least get 70 points in order to get enough stars. That's usually my barometer. Was the same for last year too. Every time i score 70 or more points, I usually end up with enough Mt to get three stars.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #24
Rookie

If you don't hit the 10 free throw min and 5 three ball min it can easily screw you over in the later games. I just dominated the thunder but didn't get my three % bonus and didn't get 3 stars but 20 Mt or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »