Home

Domination Mode tips

This is a discussion on Domination Mode tips within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 04:33 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Domination Mode tips

I use the 3-out extended and freelance offensive strategy and run the P&R with the PF, when the PF rolls to the basket the C is left open for an easy alleyoop, or the PF is open to dunk or is also open at the top of the key.

though sometime the pass gets picked by AI, I just switch sides or change it up a bit.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:16 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
No, the P&R D is not "perfect". They adjusted. If they ICE or switch you got to adjust as well. Use a stretch 4 and fade.
I was able to beat it. The only way i could beat them and the west all stars was that i had to lock down on d and get out to a big lead. Then by the 4th i had to foul them every time. When they get to within about 12 they will do a full court press at this time i take a guard and run to half and throw it to him beating his defender and dunk it. Against the west they never got close and i was able to do that the whole 4th and beat them 130-120 and score 1010 points. but against the myteam all stars they were really able to close the gap and i was only able to win on a last second Lebron dunk and finished with 899 points

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 10-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #59
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
It seems bigger players get more foul calls diving to the basket but it's luck mostly. When the score was a little closer I would just not inbound the ball, let them get within 6-7 so they intentionally foul you in the last minute. I've intentionally went to overtime too if I was short on points.
that's an insanely good idea that i hadn't thought of
Old 10-06-2015, 10:41 PM   #60
Banned

Enso's Arena

Im stuck at the Myteam, i dont know if its a mental block or not but this team is incredibly hard. Their transition D and P & R D is intense. Im assuming its on HOF Sim for this last one. I can beat them but cant muster up enough points. I don't usually do much Post Fade cheese I do a little here in there but rely on playing up tempo, My D and Fast break points. Offensively they are much better too which limits my transition game.

Anyways Im sure ill break through just posting my frustrations lol

When Historic domination starts are the teams just as hard in the beggining?
Old 10-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enso
Im stuck at the Myteam, i dont know if its a mental block or not but this team is incredibly hard. Their transition D and P & R D is intense. Im assuming its on HOF Sim for this last one. I can beat them but cant muster up enough points. I don't usually do much Post Fade cheese I do a little here in there but rely on playing up tempo, My D and Fast break points. Offensively they are much better too which limits my transition game.

Anyways Im sure ill break through just posting my frustrations lol

When Historic domination starts are the teams just as hard in the beggining?
Historic domination starts off easy, I started to have problems when I got to the 71 bucks. I got frustrated and picked up LMA and I cruised through the rest of them lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 11:42 PM   #62
Banned

Enso's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyxtacy
Historic domination starts off easy, I started to have problems when I got to the 71 bucks. I got frustrated and picked up LMA and I cruised through the rest of them lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I just hit a hook shot with m gasol in ot with 0.2 left to take a 1 point lead lol but only had 808 mt smh

yeah i picked up lma about 6 games ago very key

Last edited by Enso; 10-06-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:01 AM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enso
I just hit a hook shot with m gasol in ot with 0.2 left to take a 1 point lead lol but only had 808 mt smh

yeah i picked up lma about 6 games ago very key
Man that rough to play it again after for the 3 star. Im still on the hawks so im not sure if my strategy would work up there but I get at least 900+ a game (usually 150mt a quarter).

I set my offense to 4out1in wit poe usually with attack the basket and switch to pnr offense afterwards. I really only score with blake griffin and jason kidd, I got butler and klay on the wings and love to space the floor.

Maybe your playing too much sim hah. Domination kinda makes you play arcade style and you could prob score all your points with LA. When they double team you should have 3pt and midrange shooters open for quick and easy points.

Im just hoping to get better pulls. After getting two avery johnsons, I bet Ill pull a doc rivers or spud webb now.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:07 AM   #64
Pro

Scooby Doo's Arena

I'm sorry but where are you changing your offensive (i.e. 3 out extended) and defensive settings? In the game it just has the ideas for me like pick and roll offense, crash for boards, etc.

Also, any post tips? Can't do a post move and score for my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »