Home

Domination Mode tips

This is a discussion on Domination Mode tips within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2015, 06:52 AM   #65
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Domination Mode tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Doo
I'm sorry but where are you changing your offensive (i.e. 3 out extended) and defensive settings? In the game it just has the ideas for me like pick and roll offense, crash for boards, etc.

Also, any post tips? Can't do a post move and score for my life.
D-Pad Left -> R1. Or check this video. Defensive settings are in the Pause menu or the timeout menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
The style of basketball you play in Domination isn't basketball. You have to cheese the game to beat domination on the higher levels.

Having to abuse post fades, fast breaks and the AI pick and roll defense isn't any sort of basketball. It's just arcade nonsense.

I don't know why 2k is promoting this kind of gameplay by forcing you to use it if you want to succeed in domination.
Well I don't cheese and I have only not gotten 3 stars once. And did you really say fast break basketball isn't a style because that's just not correct. You don't need to post fade and I score less points if I pick and roll a lot. You just have to make shots and get your 3 point and free throw bonus. It's not that complicated.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett777
Well I don't cheese and I have only not gotten 3 stars once. And did you really say fast break basketball isn't a style because that's just not correct. You don't need to post fade and I score less points if I pick and roll a lot. You just have to make shots and get your 3 point and free throw bonus. It's not that complicated.
Have you beaten the all star teams yet? I didnt have to start "cheesing" until the West all stars

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 10-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I've gotten all the way up to game #17 in Historic Domination and I barely use the post unless I'm inbounding the ball on my end of the court.

Assisted fastbreak dunks/layups will get you through all of Domination as long as you're collecting your free throw and three point bonuses every game with a decent percentage made.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I've gotten all the way up to game #17 in Historic Domination and I barely use the post unless I'm inbounding the ball on my end of the court.

Assisted fastbreak dunks/layups will get you through all of Domination as long as you're collecting your free throw and three point bonuses every game with a decent percentage made.
Yeah i dont use the post fade. But one game i made the west take 77 fts, so that i would get the ball while they were pressing and throw it to westbrook down court for a dunk. I did that all 4th quarter

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 10-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
Have you beaten the all star teams yet? I didnt have to start "cheesing" until the West all stars
Yeah, got them all first try and have made it through the Blazers in historic. Those percentages bonuses are huge if you hit them.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:54 AM   #71
Banned

Just got 822 MT on the last team in reg. domination... Needed 825. wow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 4

Anyone have any tips to constantly get 700+ MT points per game in this mode? I beat the Pistons by 20 twice but only got the 605 MT points for my trouble each time. I run a lot of pick and rolls with my bigs and also do a lot of fast break 3s. Can anyone provide tips to always get at least 700+ MT points per game in Domination?

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »