Home

The Gauntlet: things that need patched

This is a discussion on The Gauntlet: things that need patched within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 03:28 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
The Gauntlet: things that need patched

There should be some sort of fatigue system. Too many players abusing the turbo. One guy used mj and just sprinted in his side before he inbounds and just drives to the basket everytime down. Other guys just sprint to the 3pt line and shoot. Im not trying to play nba 2k15 here.

What are some issues you guys had playing the gauntlet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 04:06 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Gauntlet: things that need patched

Whoever has the fastest player wins.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:35 AM   #3
Rookie

One thing's certain: If there's a way for these people to gain an advantage, they'll do it.

I've experienced people pausing at times, so when they unpause they sometimes get me off guard. It happened nearly every time they had the ball about to drive, hence it was obvious that it wasn't a coincidence.

Then there's the cheesers (the speedsters, the zig zaggers etc), but these people aren't as much of a challenge as opposed to the people who can play properly. People using screens, pump fakes etc tend to be the most difficult challenge.

The input delay/lag isn't as bad in NBA2k16 as it was in last year's game, but it's still present and some games makes it even more of a challenge.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
Pro

I wish you can also set the defensive matchups and offensive quick plays like post up. I hate getting bigs and they are spotting up at the 3pt line when they cant shoot.

So one game I had brandon knight, hassan and some bronze big. My opponent just double teamed knight the whole time and Im forced to kick out to a big that cant shoot. I could have easily won if hassan was posting up instead of spotting up for the 3.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:56 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
I wish you can also set the defensive matchups and offensive quick plays like post up. I hate getting bigs and they are spotting up at the 3pt line when they cant shoot.

So one game I had brandon knight, hassan and some bronze big. My opponent just double teamed knight the whole time and Im forced to kick out to a big that cant shoot. I could have easily won if hassan was posting up instead of spotting up for the 3.
Hold triangle and he wil cut to the basket...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 11:04 AM   #6
Rookie

I can't see Gauntlet being touched at all. It's an arcade-style side diversion mode.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
Hold triangle and he wil cut to the basket...
Cant really have him cut to basket when im being double teamed. Ill just end up passing to his guy. Im talking about post up.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #8
Just started!

I think there are a few things that could be done better:

First off it would be great if I could choose my playerpick after i see the 2 random picks so that I can atleast try to get a good mix of players.
Secondly I need to be able to adjust the matchups. The easiest play right now is to have a pick and roll with a shooter in the corner and the shooter will always end up open if I dont defend it manually.
Thirdly there needs to be some form of punishment if someone has to many reachin fouls.
And last there needs to be a rule implented that prevents the defender to just stay under the basket. Right now if my oponent has a player with a very limited offensive game I just take the defender and he will protect the rim very well without alot of problems

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »