Home

MyTeam New Adaptive Coaching Engine

This is a discussion on MyTeam New Adaptive Coaching Engine within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyTeam New Adaptive Coaching Engine

Since 2K made such a big deal about the new ACE programming, I've decided to leave everything on Auto. Offense play calling seems very repetitive.

Almost every game I play, the offensive play called is the same play over and over again.

Am I misunderstanding how this new ACE is supposed to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MyTeam New Adaptive Coaching Engine

Pretty sure I read that the ACE doesn't work through playcalling, but through the freelance offense and using PoE and substitutions (on auto settings, obv.)
Old 10-06-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yeah my understanding of ACE is that it's going to affect your points of emphasis as well as your individual defensive settings, but it shouldn't have anything to do with your playcalling.

I really don't recommend trying to call set plays in this game since they're so slow to get going compared to the freelance offenses.

Just find a freelance offense you like, and use that to generate motion and scoring opportunities.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yeah my understanding of ACE is that it's going to affect your points of emphasis as well as your individual defensive settings, but it shouldn't have anything to do with your playcalling.

I really don't recommend trying to call set plays in this game since they're so slow to get going compared to the freelance offenses.

Just find a freelance offense you like, and use that to generate motion and scoring opportunities.
I have been working my way through domination and am now to the point where I am almost forced to use the post-fade trick to get enough points for three stars. There is a bug where calling for a post up causes the post player to casually stroll from wherever he is to the low post area. I have made the mistake a few times of calling the play right after the post player inbounds and it takes almost the whole shot clock for him to meander his way to position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »