Home

Players Without Playbooks Threads

This is a discussion on Players Without Playbooks Threads within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #9
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Players Without Playbooks Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
Chris Mullin has no 3 point plays but all Cutter plays. LBJ the other way around, which makes no sense.
Same with ROTY MJ.
Mullin has 3pt plays for me (page3).
Old 12-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Mullin has 3pt plays for me (page3).
Do the Historics have the same selection of plays assigned to them, regardless of the playbook that one is using for one's MyTeam?

My understanding is that, at least for Current players, the available plays are dictated by the player styles assigned to the player, and the order of the styles assigned. (I.e. outside shooter versus slasher versus post-up player.) And that they would have only plays from the playbook that one has chosen to use, with the specific plays available to the player determined by matching up their assigned player style and the corresponding plays in that specific playbook.

And my assumption was that some Historic players do not have a play style assigned to them, therefore not getting any plays assigned for them.

But it sounds like you're saying Historics have the same set of plays, no matter the playbook. Which would mean that they are manually assigned a specific set of plays they will always have, and nothing else is possible.

If so, then 2K made their job difficult for themselves...
Old 12-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #11
MVP

^The Historic players who have plays (Cutter, 3point, etc) will have the ones in your playbook if your playbook has those.

If I remember right the MyTeam before nextgen allowed you to reassign and view plays during the game. They need to bring that back. Nextgen MyTeam wiped out a ton of customization that first year. We should be getting to design our own playbook or at least make that one of the rewards. But, yeah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #12
QNo
MVP

I think each player has a certain number of certain play types assigned to them. 3 PnR Point Plays, 1 PnR Wing play, 3 Midrange plays, ... Then whichever playbook you use fills up those plays. Could be that play type is what determines those plays, though it seems more individualistic to me (not sure though).
Old 12-10-2015, 10:39 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I think each player has a certain number of certain play types assigned to them. 3 PnR Point Plays, 1 PnR Wing play, 3 Midrange plays, ... Then whichever playbook you use fills up those plays. Could be that play type is what determines those plays, though it seems more individualistic to me (not sure though).
Hm. So what do you think the issue is with Historics who don't have any plays/ That they didn't have player types assigned to them at all? That would make sense and is not actually surprising, given how sloppy 2K has been about Badges and other data entry type detail work.

Ridiculous that they knew Cousy was a problem, fixed him, and then released more Historics with obviously wrong badging.

Even more ridiculous to repeat this same "no plays" problem with Historics, given that it was a known issue last year. Especially if they don't actually manually designate plays, but just have to manually assign that hierarchy of play types to them and allow Playbook logic to take it from there.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Have any of you gotten Glen Rice or Bernard King? can you confirm if they have plays?
Old 12-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Collector Reward '90 Fat Lever is another point guard who can't call plays.

Attached Images
File Type: png fat.png (213.6 KB, 48 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Collector Reward '90 Fat Lever is another point guard who can't call plays.

Thanks for posting ive known that for awhile but forgot to post it. I really appreciate you getting involved. We gotta get this sorted out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »