Home

Bug: Contracts Don't Apply To Players If Used From The Item Limit Exceeded Screen

This is a discussion on Bug: Contracts Don't Apply To Players If Used From The Item Limit Exceeded Screen within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Bug: Contracts Don't Apply To Players If Used From The Item Limit Exceeded Screen

This bug is back again on Xbox for the second straight year. At least I caught on to it much earlier than I did in 2K16 and only ended up wasting 2 contracts this season.

Make sure that you never apply contacts to your players from the item limit exceeded screen or they won't successfully add to your card's contract total.

It's disappointing that this glitch and the 0-0 arbitration losses have both gone unresolved for 2K17. I saw Chris Smoove's video today about the server errors and it makes me not want to touch the Road to the Playoffs this year after all the server crash losses that I had to endure in 2K16.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-06-2016 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #18
Rookie

ak97's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bug: Contracts Don't Apply To Players If Used From The Item Limit Exceeded Screen

I had this issue last year, but I've definitely not noticed it this year. Knowing the issue was there last year, I specifically checked the contracts before and after I applied it and the contract was added. Guess it only affects a few people. I'm on xbox
Old 10-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #19
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

I haven't experienced this issue. Something I notice is that when applying contracts from that screen it shows how many contracts your player would have if you add the contract. So if they only have 1 left and you're applying a gold contract it shows 6. Are you saying your player in this example ends up with 6 contracts or with 1 contract after you apply it?
Old 10-27-2016, 10:07 PM   #20
Rookie

Did anyone open a 2K ticket?
Old 10-28-2016, 07:11 AM   #21
Rookie

Sadly, this is what I received from 2K, which is the typical spin:

"From what I understand, you are experiencing an issue with MyTEAM contracts in NBA 2K17. Let's start by doing a bit of basic troubleshooting; we recommend starting with a cache clear, this is a common solution to many issues that NBA 2K gamers experience so let me know if it clears things up for you.
Hopefully that helped! If it didn't, don’t worry. We got you! The next troubleshooting suggestion we have is to completely re-install your game - don't forget to back up your files so that your MyCAREER and MyGM saves are kept safe!
If you’re still experiencing an issue with MyTEAM contracts, you may be having an issue with your connection. My first advice is to check the NBA2K server status, which you can find here – you can see the status of specific game modes as well. For helpful connectivity troubleshooting, please see here.
Lastly, if your issue is still occurring after you follow all of the basic troubleshooting – please send over the following info. The more details you share about what’s going on, the easier it is for us to help you find a solution.
· A description of what happened directly before the issue's occurrence:
· Your players’ positions (if applicable):
· Dates those players were created/last played (if applicable):
· Amount of VC missing (if applicable):
· Screenshots/videos of any error messages or crashes (make sure your gaming ID is visible in the shot):
· Anything else you think might help:"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yeah this isn't an end-user problem, this is a 2K problem.

Filing a support ticket won't help you aside from maybe alerting their QA department of this bug's existence, which I would have hoped that last year's thread on this same glitch would have done.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:49 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
I haven't experienced this issue. Something I notice is that when applying contracts from that screen it shows how many contracts your player would have if you add the contract. So if they only have 1 left and you're applying a gold contract it shows 6. Are you saying your player in this example ends up with 6 contracts or with 1 contract after you apply it?
I think people are saying that the contract will seem to apply, but the increased contract count won't be added, or won't "stick."

I don't think I've noticed this, myself, but it's easy to overlook, so I'll have to pay more attention to this.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:02 AM   #24
QNo
MVP

Contracts work fine for me. The number you see in the apply contracts screen is the one you're getting after you've applied the contract. So if it says 9, you apply a contract, go to the lineup screen and it says 9, everything works as intended.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »