Home

Tmac worth it??

This is a discussion on Tmac worth it?? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Tmac worth it??

I would say in 5 on 5 use PG, but if you're playing Gauntlet McGrady can carry any other two scrubs because he's so elusive, you can't shut him down.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsVURN
T-Mac is a liability on Defense
I haven't had any issues with TMac's defense. He's great off-ball due to 75 pass perception and the interceptor badge. I get lots of CPU controlled steals with him off the ball.

His on-ball IQ ratings aren't great, but those don't matter if you control him manually, especially since he has amazing athleticism and the lockdown defender/pick pocket badges. Just icon switch to him whenever his man has the ball and he'll be fine.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
His on-ball IQ ratings aren't great, but those don't matter if you control him manually, especially since he has amazing athleticism and the lockdown defender/pick pocket badges. Just icon switch to him whenever his man has the ball and he'll be fine.
I'm a bit torn on this. I do agree in many instances that athletic players can overcome bad defensive ratings but I can really feel the difference between defending with TMac and someone like PG or Iggy

Closeouts, defending dribble moves, guarding the pick n roll, etc are situations where ability matters.

I'm glad there isn't a consensus on this though.

Personal preference and strategy are factors that make this mode more fun.

TMac is absolutely a nice card and hard to stop when used correctly.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I haven't had any issues with TMac's defense. He's great off-ball due to 75 pass perception and the interceptor badge. I get lots of CPU controlled steals with him off the ball.

I kinda agree with you. If a player is really athletic, I dont sweat their defensive stats unless they are horrible all around. If he can get steals, thats a plus, so with his offense, he can only be an asset and not a liability. Now if you need someone to slow down MJ or some offensive stud, then I get guys like Tony Allen, Iggy, Moncrief.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:49 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
I would say in 5 on 5 use PG, but if you're playing Gauntlet McGrady can carry any other two scrubs because he's so elusive, you can't shut him down.
Indeed. I think it might have to do with his dribble animations. Hate coming against him in Gauntlet, because the other player is usually just juking with him all game long and, while I can usually stop him enough, it's just tiring to have to concentrate so hard on on-ball D for the entire game.

I've been mixing him in with ROTY Jordan and ROTY Hill in my vs. CPU lineups and one thing I noticed was that he seems to shoot, for me, above his 3-point ratings. Knocks down open looks, and seems to be especially good with pull-up 3's with momentum so they're not Standing. Could be that his shot animation just clicks for me or that my sample size is too low.

If you have strong perimeter D aside from him, he's well worth having on the court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #22
MVP

for 40K there was a discussion if T-Mac was worth it or not. Now that he goes for 13K tops (PS4) this is a non-existent question.

Paired with a good defender at SF like Kawhi or LBJ, T-Mac can be the main offensive outlet of any team
Old 11-16-2015, 04:08 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
for 40K there was a discussion if T-Mac was worth it or not. Now that he goes for 13K tops (PS4) this is a non-existent question.

Paired with a good defender at SF like Kawhi or LBJ, T-Mac can be the main offensive outlet of any team
I did a semi-snipe of him over the weekend and grabbed him for 8k. put him in gauntlet...maybe he wouldve been better early on in gauntlet but where I am now, he is a disappointment. loses the ball all the time and even though I feel I have his release down, I cant hit 3's with him.

On 5-5 may be different but he hasnt been what I have read about in this thread. again, in Gauntlet, he cant shake people like Vince/Hill/Drexler. just seems like his handle is weak and so far his dunk packages havent been able to avoid cheesy blocks the way Vince or Grant Hill can. They are murderous finishers. Even Stack seems like a better finisher just with not as much speed as T-Mac. will report back when I try him in another mode.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:52 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I did a semi-snipe of him over the weekend and grabbed him for 8k. put him in gauntlet...maybe he wouldve been better early on in gauntlet but where I am now, he is a disappointment. loses the ball all the time and even though I feel I have his release down, I cant hit 3's with him.

On 5-5 may be different but he hasnt been what I have read about in this thread. again, in Gauntlet, he cant shake people like Vince/Hill/Drexler. just seems like his handle is weak and so far his dunk packages havent been able to avoid cheesy blocks the way Vince or Grant Hill can. They are murderous finishers. Even Stack seems like a better finisher just with not as much speed as T-Mac. will report back when I try him in another mode.
He has poor ball control (also due to height) and passing abilities for his position. I don't play Gauntlet that much (I feel is super-arcade) but I do understand where you coming from

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »