Home

Developers: Please change Domination!

This is a discussion on Developers: Please change Domination! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 10:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Developers: Please change Domination!

This mode does not support players who enjoy playing sim basketball. Beating a team by moving the ball and getting good looks doesn't earn you anywhere near enough MT to get the three-stars needed to climb the ladder.

Instead, it's sprint down the court with Westbrook, if he doesn't have a lane, dump it into Dirk, one dribble in the post, fade-away

Oh ****, I haven't shot ten free-throws! Now you've gotta force the ball into the paint and pray you get hacked on the way up. And don't forget to chuck five three-pointers somewhere in there! I hate being forced to play this way. But as it's implemented right now, there's no other way to play this mode.

Cheesing my way to the top isn't fun at all. I don't have the answer, but domination definitely needs to be re-done, or at least looked at next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 10:59 PM   #2
Pro

JBGlass's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Developers: Please change Domination!

Word man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2015, 11:36 PM   #3
Pro

Scooby Doo's Arena

So true just switch difficulty mode instead of 900 mt. Rookie for 76ers, HOF for '96 Bulls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2015, 06:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree 100%.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

I agree it needs to be tweaked but playing the All Star teams and MT teams on HoF would be far more annoying then having to play an up tempo style.

Main NBA 2K16 Myteam Lineup:
Chris Paul -Allstar- / Steph Curry
Michael Jordan -DPotY- / Harden
Klay Thompson / Pippen
Anthony Davis / Aminu
Bill Russell -MVP- / Ewing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 01:39 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syco_G
I agree it needs to be tweaked but playing the All Star teams and MT teams on HoF would be far more annoying then having to play an up tempo style.
Agreed. HoF on MyTeam has always been difficult, so I imagine it's even harder this year. I would probably skip playing Domination mode altogether if any of the games were on HoF.

It sucks we have to cheese a bit, but it's probably better than any realistic alternatives.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak123
Agreed. HoF on MyTeam has always been difficult, so I imagine it's even harder this year. I would probably skip playing Domination mode altogether if any of the games were on HoF.

It sucks we have to cheese a bit, but it's probably better than any realistic alternatives.
Realistic alternatives are giving us enough MT points for playing good solid basketball. If you win a domination game by 20+ there is no reason that you didn't do enough during the game to warrant any MT reward. there's no reason I should find 'letting the CPU shoot wide open' as a very good strat.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Signed. The current version is not as fun as it should be.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »