Home

What difficulty level is Domination?

This is a discussion on What difficulty level is Domination? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What difficulty level is Domination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
I will probably give it a few more spins because the MT points balance out well even with all the losing, I don't have to spend any real cash to improve my team.

One question: do you have to push RS in any specific direction to contest shots?
It's any direction. It's more about timing and doing it early enough for it to register and hands to go up, than it is about directionality. I also think that Shot Contest triggers some sort of general "aura" of defensive pressure that can lead to picks and tipped passes and such. I find that if I'm basically walking around with Shot Contest engaged, ball will come loose sometimes, with more frequency then if I'm, say, just bodying up on someone with Intense D.

Keep in mind that you don't need to buy Contract Cards off the Auction House. You can buy contracts in the Edit dialog of players. You can also just not ever manually do it, and just wait for game to notify you that you have to buy them, when you try to start a game with some contract-less players in your lineup, then consent to buying through that dialog. Cheaper than buying cards in AH.

And you can auction off the ones you pull to those who don't know this. Don't know what platform you're on. On PC, seems futile to sell Bronze, so I just apply to Gold/Amethyst. I usually can sell Gold easily for 300 or even 350. Silver can sell for 250, but may take some relisting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
It's any direction. It's more about timing and doing it early enough for it to register and hands to go up, than it is about directionality. I also think that Shot Contest triggers some sort of general "aura" of defensive pressure that can lead to picks and tipped passes and such. I find that if I'm basically walking around with Shot Contest engaged, ball will come loose sometimes, with more frequency then if I'm, say, just bodying up on someone with Intense D.

Keep in mind that you don't need to buy Contract Cards off the Auction House. You can buy contracts in the Edit dialog of players. You can also just not ever manually do it, and just wait for game to notify you that you have to buy them, when you try to start a game with some contract-less players in your lineup, then consent to buying through that dialog. Cheaper than buying cards in AH.

And you can auction off the ones you pull to those who don't know this. Don't know what platform you're on. On PC, seems futile to sell Bronze, so I just apply to Gold/Amethyst. I usually can sell Gold easily for 300 or even 350. Silver can sell for 250, but may take some relisting.
Yeah I picked that up about the contract cards. Very good to know. I did get past the Sixers after posting the last one and then took the Magic to OT and lost by 10 in a rematch so slow but sure progress... i think getting to know who i like and who i don't is key. i'm trying different guys out right now, trying to buy as low as I can and then turn them around to at least get my money back after a couple games if i don't like them. Probably is each guy has a terrible game and a much better game, and not necessarily in that order!
Old 12-27-2015, 02:00 AM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
Yeah I picked that up about the contract cards. Very good to know. I did get past the Sixers after posting the last one and then took the Magic to OT and lost by 10 in a rematch so slow but sure progress... i think getting to know who i like and who i don't is key. i'm trying different guys out right now, trying to buy as low as I can and then turn them around to at least get my money back after a couple games if i don't like them. Probably is each guy has a terrible game and a much better game, and not necessarily in that order!
you should look at their offensive consistency, really helps to now why some guys can play amazing one game yet terrible in another.

I used to play strictly myleague and didn't touch online cause of the cheese. Myleague is easier to play and learn the game and you get different defensive match ups every game rather than trying to beat one team in domination. The default offensive is pretty bad for spacing too, you could play around to find what offense set is best for you. imo myleague is way better to play the game than myteam domination mode.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:55 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13

sorry being being a noob but whats domination?
Old 08-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #29
MVP

MrDubya's Arena

I'm just curious about something. If anyone can answer this question for me, I'd be grateful. Does MyTeam mode require you to be online, like the MyCareer mode does? I would assume so due to the MT points, but wasn't 100% sure.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDubya
I'm just curious about something. If anyone can answer this question for me, I'd be grateful. Does MyTeam mode require you to be online, like the MyCareer mode does? I would assume so due to the MT points, but wasn't 100% sure.
Yes. You can't access the mode at all without an established connection.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:24 PM   #31
MVP

MrDubya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Yes. You can't access the mode at all without an established connection.
Ah okay. I figured that's how it would be. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 06:14 PM   #32
Pro

Only difficulty in domination is meeting the mt requirements at times.

Hope it's not the same format where we need 10 ft, limit 3pt shots to 5 and play a fast break cherry picking style to earn those mt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »