Home

Amethyst Scottie Pippen

This is a discussion on Amethyst Scottie Pippen within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Amethyst Scottie Pippen

Is Amethyst Scottie Pippen Worth The Grind? I Really Want Him But Playing Another 30+ Games Is Going To Take Some Time To Finish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: Amethyst Scottie Pippen

Depends on your squad, obviously. He's a great 3 and 4, lockdown defender, very good finisher/midrange, can make 3s.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #3
Rookie

A great compliment to any team

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

'94 Scottie is not worth going for IMO when you can just use Butler, Klay, Kawhi, PG13, or gold Iguodala instead.

This version of Pippen has a mediocre three pointer, mediocre speed/acceleration, and mediocre lateral quickness plus a terrible free throw rating. '96 Pippen is a much better card.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-02-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
'94 Scottie is not worth going for IMO when you can just use Butler, Klay, Kawhi, PG13, or gold Iguodala instead.

This version of Pippen has a mediocre three pointer, mediocre speed/acceleration, and mediocre lateral quickness plus a terrible free throw rating. '96 Pippen is a much better card.
Yeah, but it's the best Pippen in the game and this card is clearly better than all of the players you mentioned. Butler and Kawhi are slightly better perimeter defenders but Pippen is far superior offensively. Also the best stretch 4 of the bunch. We've had this debate before and we can agree to disagree, but this card is definitely better than all of the ones mentioned, just wanted to point that out. Whether someone thinks that makes it worth it for them or not is for them to decide, but he's the 2nd best all-around SF and all-around stretch 4 after LeBron. There are better scoring options at both positions though, most notably Melo and KD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Just completed Historic Domination and played my first game with Amethyst Scottie Pippen for the Like Mike Bulls challenges and I must say, he's good. In regards to what you have to go through to actually GET him though; my opinion so far is that he's not worth it. Granted my team consists of a heavy low post/pick and roll so he doesn't really fit. I also like playing Klay Thompson as my 3 because he runs the floor on every defensive rebound and spots up for 3. Perhaps it will take a few games with him to really decide if he's worth playing the mode for. If he's not a good enough reason, you also have a slim chance at pulling a good Gold player from the mode. The chance at getting Gold T-Mac and Dominique Wilkins is good enough reason to want to play the mode. All the best players in the mode though are Amethyst players so you'll be lucky enough to get a good role player in the mode. For myself, the jury is still out on Amethyst Pippen. I'm sure there are players that are already available that are just as good. The mode is addicting enough to keep you coming back. I'd say play it.

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns
Old 11-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
Rookie

I agree the gold Dominique was a better pick up, but this Scottie is beast on BOTH ends. He's more of a complimentary player than a guy I force in he ball to. But his rebounding, defense, playmaking, and finishing make him worth it for me. You can get creative with your defensive assignments if you have him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2015, 05:38 AM   #8
Rookie

Is the best deffensive player in the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »