Home

Badges and which packs to buy

This is a discussion on Badges and which packs to buy within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2015, 03:34 PM   #9
Rookie

gen86g's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Badges and which packs to buy

I got Lamarcus Aldridge (ovr 88) in my 3rd VIP, pack at all.

After that i opened 2 more and more luck.

Now i started game, went to My Team and there is Flashback Friday.

What i first saw was '04 Ben Wallace, omg what would i give for him, he is in my top 5 players.

UPDATE: I GOT HIM, BENNN!

https://youtu.be/0fP3ElwSG7c

I had for 3 VIP packs, he was in third, my God, i just can't belive!

Thank You!

via LG G2 & Tapatalk

Last edited by gen86g; 11-14-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Adding screens, video (that i ruined bcs of excitement)
Old 11-14-2015, 08:37 PM   #10
Banned

Just got t mac out a vip pack. I'll sell t Mac for 18k since have no use for that crap version but least I'm finally getting some luck.

Last edited by SoHo_Don; 11-14-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
When it comes to high value badges like Microwave and Perimeter Lockdown does buying more expensive packs give better odds?
All the badges in the game are silver tier cards.

So you will get the most badges by opening packs that contain only silver, gold, and amethyst cards.

If you open packs that can contain bronze cards, you are less likely to pull badges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2015, 03:37 AM   #12
Rookie

gen86g's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHo_Don
Just got t mac out a vip pack. I'll sell t Mac for 18k since have no use for that crap version but least I'm finally getting some luck.
Tracy woud be in my ideal 5.

Im looking into past, when i had opportunitry to watch games, and it was all better.
It would be same for FUT if there is a chance, but packs there are one big theft of our spent time for coins and real money that many gives for fp.

In shadow of Ben, i forget to say that i got gold ovr 82 player in 1st of 3 pack, u can see him in starting 5 pics in last page...

Is Rasheed Wallace attainable?

via LG G2 & Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2015, 09:15 AM   #13
Rookie

Is the 10 pack VIP box worth it now That it's 15% off? It's like 57,000 VC. Yes or No? It expires today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #14
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican
Is the 10 pack VIP box worth it now That it's 15% off? It's like 57,000 VC. Yes or No? It expires today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it's only less terrible than buying individual packs.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #15
MVP

I wrote am analysis on packs somewhere else. After I had wrote it I found a Shaq in a "Curry" pack and sold for 93k then (PS4). Here it is. It is a bit too long

The only packs worth it are the "Davis" packs for 1575 MT or 1850 VC.

Return of these packs is always equal of their cost and sometimes even better

I am sitting at 100K-110K MT for a month now. I use these 10K additional to buy 1 "Curry" pack and 3-4 "davis" packs twice per day, the sell the cards back) and I have never been under this amount(100k) and in addition all my team has ben fully badged and with 99 contracts and I have good amount of runes

"Davis" packs include a Bronze player who you can sell for at least 750-800, a contract that you usuall suprisingly you can sell for 250, a badge that most of the times can be sold for 500 easily or more, and some shoes or court/jersey/logo.

Once in a while you may find silver or a badge that can sell for more.

I also buy a "curry" pack with hope that eventually I can get an amethyst card (not Cousy or Paul) or an Gold Shaq or something.

Even now most of the Golds are sold less than 3K if you are looking for return on investment you will not get them

"Curry packs" almost never get same return and you should NEVER buy them with VC.

Cost in Davis pack is 1545 MC for 1875 VC with ratio VC to MT 1,2

Cost in "curry packs (and the rest is similar) is 4500MT for 7500 VC with ratio 1,66

So it makes no sense to buy expensive packs with VC.

If you really want to buy Curry packs with VC, I suggest you convert them to MT with "Davis" packs first , then sell the items and get the "Curry packs" with the profit MT.

Now regarding ROTY and Dynamic/Moments cards I blame the user also. Most expensive ROTY in the Market is ROTY Jordan who can be bought for 20K in the Auction house. Why would you spend money on this packs?

So of course 2k uses the packs for Profit. Their Profit. What do you expect?

But I also blame the users. They should try to evaluate the return on invesment. Everyone after highschool is able to do that.Everyone under highschool age should NEVER buy packs period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I wrote am analysis on packs somewhere else. After I had wrote it I found a Shaq in a "Curry" pack and sold for 93k then (PS4). Here it is. It is a bit too long

The only packs worth it are the "Davis" packs for 1575 MT or 1850 VC.

Return of these packs is always equal of their cost and sometimes even better
good analysis. the packs are lit today it seems. I bought about 10 of the "Currys" (League VIP) and gotten about 4 silver and 6 golds. All were dupes. I have lost some MT but not a whole lot considering what I sold back. maybe 10k mt.

you are right about VC. everyone should take heed to this. NEVER buy packs with VC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »