Home

Cold Streaks and Pentaly hits in Domination

This is a discussion on Cold Streaks and Pentaly hits in Domination within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #17
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Cold Streaks and Pentaly hits in Domination

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
These cold streaks never happened to me starting a game until I read this thread. It must be a new glitch but now every game someone is gold. And in gauntlet I've had players with 2 red rings while dribbling the ball and they take a shot and it instantly goes blue. It is super frustrating

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
I don't want to prematurely Conclude this symptom is bugged but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the cold Streaks that would legitimately justify why a player should begin a game cold at tip off or fresh off the bench.

What I do gather is thst this may be a measure that was similarly taken to knock down the prevalence of green / perfect releases and even moreso: you can even clank clanks green now.

Consistency sliders influence your hot and cold streaks: increase it and you increase your chances of a hot streak; decrease it and you increase your chances of cold Streaks.

I obviously have no clue what the development teams targets were here but as a gamer in the field: I feel the current system is terribly flawed and ineffective in truly simulating hot and cold Streaks.

As someone alluded to: the Streaks should be based on a pile of historic performances. Is the player known to play poorly on away games? Is it matchups that are forcing cold Streaks? By the same token: why are players not starling games with two red rings? This is why I feel the consistency sliders are tuned too high in favor of the negative / cold side.

I can start a game cold with player A but if player B makes four consecutive baskets + rebound and block / steal: player B still struggles to hit two red rings: this again yells me that the tuning is too strong on the negative polarity.

I have yet to spot this complexity in My Career but I am strongly against this influence existing in My Career and My Team: these two modes are fantasy modes... I can understand the code existing in GM and Franchise modes but the methodology and execution is poor and ineffective in its current state, unless of course it is working as the developers intended but as the gamer I find it to be a bandaid gimmick.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »