Home

Is anyone using a PF in RTTP?

This is a discussion on Is anyone using a PF in RTTP? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #9
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is anyone using a PF in RTTP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Recovery speed and court spacing are definitely major issues across all modes of play in NBA 2K16, not just in MyTeam. It's actually a lot worse in MyPark and Pro-Am than it is in MyTeam, since entire teams can turbo around the court to close out instead of just one player at a time in MyTeam/Play Now Online.

So in NBA 2K16 you'll be a lot better off going with a power forward who can hit threes and play out on the perimeter instead of clogging up the post where it's easy to collapse or standing in the mid-range where the defense can close out a lot easier.

Until 2K expands the court size or reduces the global running speed of players, the 4-out 1-in will always be a tougher offense to defend compared to the 3-out 2-in.
I feel like good basketball moves get punished while "cheesy" plays get rewarded. I just made a dreamshake with hakeem and got blocked from behind by Kyrie Irving. Of course the ball falls in lbj's hand, he is turboing down the court and made a layup with 3 defenders in front of him +1. he just runs right into the defenders. This kind of sums up the problem i have with this mode.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 11-16-2015, 07:19 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
Well Einstein next time i will post all this stuff in the title for you. I trust people are able to read the title AND the post and combine to get the message. Nvmd.
Title is there to reflect the reason of the thread.

In your case it is completely disconnected

You want to complain about double team turbo's etc? Go right ahead.

This has nothing to do with your title, neither with your first sentence that says that playing SF at PF is the cheesiest thing to do.

By the way you do a leap o flogic claiming that the only reason behind playing players like LBJ or Melo at PF is cheesing.

In addition, playing guys like KD,Melo,PG13, LBJ in the post for sure makes you more vulnerable in Defense Vs playing AD or BG etc.

Playing small is mainly done for offense and NOT for defense. If someone wants to cheese he can do it with natural PF fine as well.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:07 AM   #11
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Title is there to reflect the reason of the thread.

In your case it is completely disconnected

You want to complain about double team turbo's etc? Go right ahead.

This has nothing to do with your title, neither with your first sentence that says that playing SF at PF is the cheesiest thing to do.

By the way you do a leap o flogic claiming that the only reason behind playing players like LBJ or Melo at PF is cheesing.

In addition, playing guys like KD,Melo,PG13, LBJ in the post for sure makes you more vulnerable in Defense Vs playing AD or BG etc.

Playing small is mainly done for offense and NOT for defense. If someone wants to cheese he can do it with natural PF fine as well.

I complained about small ball everywhere and the logical consequence is sending double teams to the post bc you cant defend a strong PF with Melo. If there would be better spacing and less easy strips in the paint a lot of people would think twice to go small for a run&gun offense. Just to highlight the connection for you.

Btw Melo and LBJ are still listed as SFs, not as PFs, so my title "anyone using a PF?" is correct even in your pedantic view. Fact is not democratic.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 08:11 AM   #12
Rookie

I use LMA as PF.

For me, he does good against quicker PFs most of the time. But it's good to have players like Kawhi / Paul George who can play PF when guys like LMA becomes a liability on D.

Or Draymond Green... who is a great perimeter defender and a real PF.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:46 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Btw Melo and LBJ are still listed as SFs, not as PFs, so my title "anyone using a PF?" is correct even in your pedantic view. Fact is not democratic.
Lol, where did I say they are pure PF?
Old 11-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #14
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k
I use LMA as PF.

For me, he does good against quicker PFs most of the time. But it's good to have players like Kawhi / Paul George who can play PF when guys like LMA becomes a liability on D.

Or Draymond Green... who is a great perimeter defender and a real PF.
Yeah, i added PG to my lineup too. I just wonder why i spent a ton of MT on elite Bigs just to run PG at PF all the time.
Aldridge is too slow to guard those imo. I had some sucess with Davis with perimeter lockdown badge added.

It might get a little better in the 3rd seed as the difficulty is on superstar?
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Old 11-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #15
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Lol, where did I say they are pure PF?
Now you start to lose track; nobody said they are pure PFs. My statement regarding SF/PF was to explain the title, which you accused of being "misleading".
You defended the cheese and argued who plays at the 4 in real life in your last post:

Quote:
I use kd as pf. In Europe where I am from almost every team play 4 out 1. Furthermore kd has played as pf in every team USA he participated. All the players you mentioned play ALSO pf irl as well.
Symptomatic how you and your buddie feel offended and try to argue with real life player positions every time. Myteam is nowhere near RL and is not SIM at all. People will always abuse certain game mechanics to win and this small ball run&gun is the worst.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Now you start to lose track; nobody said they are pure PFs. My statement regarding SF/PF was to explain the title, which you accused of being "misleading".
You defended the cheese and argued who plays at the 4 in real life in your last post:

Symptomatic how you and your buddie feel offended and try to argue with real life player positions every time. Myteam is nowhere near RL and is not SIM at all. People will always abuse certain game mechanics to win and this small ball run&gun is the worst.
Ok mate, playing LBJ or Durant as PF is cheese. GS is a team of cheesers wining the championship with Green as C. Not going to argue anymore with you. You are not making any sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »