Home

Is anyone using a PF in RTTP?

This is a discussion on Is anyone using a PF in RTTP? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is anyone using a PF in RTTP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
Maybe that is because i have a real life job.
Having a job hasn't stopped you playing 60+ games in domination though hey?

Talking about ages and jobs will not benefit you at all. I told you before. I am sure I am older than you. I have job too working 10-12 hours daily and a family with a kid.

In every SINGLE post you insult someone. Is this how you feel a grown up person should be acting? Like a spoiled kid that refuses to lose?

By the way everything you say make no sense.

First you make a thread saying people are cheesing meaning exploiting GAME mechanics which would never work in REAL basketball.

Then when people tell you that this IS real basketball you argue that you are NOT talking about real basketball.

By the way how come you know everything about our personal lives. How old we are, what jobs we are doing, our level of english competency etc? I think going personal (in a online forum between anonymous users) just shows the lack of real arguments

Last edited by kabamaru; 11-16-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #34
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru

Talking about ages and jobs will not benefit you at all. I told you before. I am sure I am older than you. I have job too working 10-12 hours daily and a family with a kid.

In every SINGLE post you insult someone. Is this how you feel a grown up person should be acting? Like a spoiled kid that refuses to lose?
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

Last edited by ChiliPalmer; 11-16-2015 at 11:39 AM. Reason: p
Old 11-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #35
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:

LOL you telling me i should be worried "why im still in seed 4". And now should i justify myself for playing domination instead of RTTP?
I guess your family is very proud of you being already beyond seed 4. Congrats.

btw: its most likely people like you and your myteam sim crew here why i dont enjoy RTTP. People that state "you should be worried you still in seed 4" while using every cheese tactic to get a W. Thats SIM, thats real life basketball
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
I guess your family is very proud of you being already beyond seed 4. Congrats.

btw: its most likely people like you and your myteam sim crew here why i dont enjoy RTTP. People that state "you should be worried you still in seed 4" while using every cheese tactic to get a W.
I still can't understand why you feel the need to try to insult on a personal level.
How can you know what is my age, if my family is proud, if I work or not, if QNo was running naked when you were a player, if we use every cheese tactic or not...

I am not going to try to solve your problems dude. It seems they are plenty
Good luck with your game.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #37
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:

By the way how come you know everything about our personal lives. How old we are, what jobs we are doing, our level of english competency etc? I think going personal (in a online forum between anonymous users) just shows the lack of real arguments
I know you want to fake that impression. and your buddies will follow in a minute like Lemmings. Fact is you stated i should be worried being in the 4th seed and i told you I have a job. I also never stated something about "english competency", that was your SIM buddie. But if you argue just to distinguish yourself and you bring up nothing but "they play PF in real life too" and try to "circle argument" me, i will respond. It was important for me to get you to understand i am not talking about real life basketball and therefore your whole comparison is pointless and has nothing to do with my topic.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Old 11-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #38
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Old 11-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #39
Rookie

Steering this back to the original topic.. There just aren't enough great PF's in the game to exploit teams going small. Draymond, AD, and Rodman (Ben Wallace IRL) are the only PFs you can trust guarding 3's.

Maybe if we had Barkley, Rasheed, McDyess, Webber, Odom etc small ball wouldn't be as OP

Lebron IS one of the greatest PF's all time when he plays the position so I don't get too mad at that. KD however isn't that fast this year and should get abused on D.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsVURN
Steering this back to the original topic..
Yeah, Chili and Kabamaru are basically just having an argument revolving around semantics that are not really important.

I get Chili's complaint about people going small at 4 in order to facilitate cheesy constant-fast-break play, with the game possibly not providing enough ability to discourage this because post play is perhaps easier to defend than it should be, via double-teaming with fast wings who can double team and still recover to their shooter due to the unrealistic lack of space on the floor.

And I get Kabamaru's point that this is, fundamentally, akin to modern offense AND defense as exemplified by the Warriors. They go small at 4 with Draymond (who is truly special because he can defend in the post 1-on-1), with their guards and wings often double-teaming on defense.

I don't think they actually disagree all that much, necessarily. So long as Kabamaru understands that Chili isn't talking necessarily about the simple act of slotting PG13 at 4 as being "cheesy," so much as how one might play PG13 at the 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsVURN
There just aren't enough great PF's in the game to exploit teams going small. Draymond, AD, and Rodman (Ben Wallace IRL) are the only PFs you can trust guarding 3's.
Also consider Spencer Haywood and Andrei Kirilenko as being early versions of small, fast 4's who can guard inside and out. Haywood as being more able to pound in the paint and Kirilenko with more shooting range, of course.

Both are going to better on the perimeter than Dray and Rodman and maybe even AD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »