Home

Domination After Patch

This is a discussion on Domination After Patch within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 04:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Domination After Patch

having the same issues. ive beaten the 87 lakers probably close to 15 times since the patch and ive only gotten to 860... i need to be getting to atleast 900 if i wanna get Pippen. so if you guys have any tips preferably if your getting the points you need AFTER patch 3. i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just played my first game after the patch in historic domination, won easily against the 04 Pistons. When I get back to the menu I got the message "it's taking a long time to load, cancel game results". And now I have to play the game again. Thanks 2K!

EDIT: And obviously contracts were wasted on my entire lineup, but I got no MT and no packs. THANKS A BUNCH 2K!!!
Old 11-16-2015, 06:43 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacialJones
having the same issues. ive beaten the 87 lakers probably close to 15 times since the patch and ive only gotten to 860... i need to be getting to atleast 900 if i wanna get Pippen. so if you guys have any tips preferably if your getting the points you need AFTER patch 3. i would greatly appreciate it.
Try going back to "traditional" PFA cheese. Or continue to prioritize pace and stick with dunks off P'n'R's as your bread and butter.

If you haven't been, much improvement can be gained by tailoring defense to push the pace. Run a full/half-court trap/press and you'll be giving up lots of open looks and CPU shooting sooner on the clock all game gives you many more offensive possessions, while still getting rebounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #12
Pro

Its easier to just go for the assist bonus and not focus too much on getting both the assist and post bonuses.

If your spending 15-20 seconds to set up a post fade and miss during the game than your mt total would reflect that. I would just play fast and score on assists and dunks if the post option isnt there. You dont need crazy amount of post bonus to finish domination.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:17 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Assisted dunks are all you need to do to consistently get enough MT to finish Domination. Going into the post wasn't necessary before the patch, and it still isn't necessary after the patch.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:25 PM   #14
Rookie

assisted dunks give you that much of a bonus? i always thought post score assist bonus were the money. i was getting a ton of points off of assist post drive scores with ROTY Elgin Baylor.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:33 PM   #15
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
If you get someone like Dirk or LMA to post up then pass them the ball and do a post fade you should still get an assist + 5 for post. I will admit tapping the L2 helped me finish historic dom. But there were times when it wasnt even possible to do it bc they closed so quickly. I dont think i had many post scores and i beat the historic team on the first try. I had to foul them every possession in the 4th but i beat them
Did you get good pulls from historic domination? Is it not glitched heard there can be ghost cards you pull that you don't actually get?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 08:23 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
Did you get good pulls from historic domination? Is it not glitched heard there can be ghost cards you pull that you don't actually get?
depends on what you consider "good". on when i played the hornets i got LJ. I beat the Sonics and Detlef who i try to get every year. I also got magic Horace Grant who is a solid silver. I got Kukoc who isnt even in the game and I also got The lakers baylor who's not in game as well. Also, all you guys who were telling me to do dunks, i did that and im still not getting over 850. with the post shot being gone (also, it kinda takes a tick longer to trigger post points because it seems like if you dont actually engage into the post up animation with your defender bodying you, your not getting post points. so the quick LMA fadeaway with assist seems a bit tougher to get.) it just seems really hard to get over 900 points which is what i need to basically get through the last 3 teams. it sucks. i havent tried to trap, because i use J.Kidd and Westbrook to full court press the primary ball handler all game. so maybe my best bet is to trap? i just dont see it being as easy or maybe even possible to get 900 against this team specifically now...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »