Home

After this TBT release, it's evident...

This is a discussion on After this TBT release, it's evident... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: After this TBT release, it's evident...

Start from scratch. Realize what people want. We want a fair opportunity to put together a team of our favorite players. We want to practice with them and our stats should be saved. How great would it be to view which of your lineups has been the best defensively? You don't need an auction, get rid of all that, make it about actually playing the game. You should be able to earn any player through a series of tough challenges against the CPU. You earn everything. If you have a great team it's because you put in the work not the $$$ or luck. For example, you could collect an historic team by doing a domination type 30+ game challenge. It should be a grind but fun and worth it. Right now it's a miserable experience and you get jack or the exact player everyone else will get. You should be able to choose your grind to get the players you want. Keep it simple and make use of the games best asset--gameplay--not refreshing the g.d. auction house all day.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:06 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeagentwallace
"what incentive do they have to make it better."

more money
They're making money now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by start it up
They're making money now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

man come on. they arent making close to the type of money they could make if this mode was tied together. EA are making hand over fist with just ultimate team modes alone and have been doing so for the past 5-7 years. a few thousand people opening packs every week is nothing in comparison to the majority of the community doing so. settling is the whole reason this mode is god awful, now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2015, 05:56 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
man come on. they arent making close to the type of money they could make if this mode was tied together. EA are making hand over fist with just ultimate team modes alone and have been doing so for the past 5-7 years. a few thousand people opening packs every week is nothing in comparison to the majority of the community doing so. settling is the whole reason this mode is god awful, now
Im not defending 2k, its bad, but your heavy exaggerating MUT. After playing MUT last year for the first time, I got bored of MUT in a month this year. Its the same recycled themes from last year. Plus Madden itself is stale. You talk as if people who play MUT don't complain about MUT yet they do.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #13
Pro

they should just stop with the tbt and fbf if they are gonna throw out some trash players no1 uses. It would be better if they updated the dynamic cards more frequently.

It would be more interesting to see cards fluctuate more frequently.

fbf and tbt updates are just stealthy ways of decreasing your odds of getting melo and Hakeem.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Im not defending 2k, its bad, but your heavy exaggerating MUT. After playing MUT last year for the first time, I got bored of MUT in a month this year. Its the same recycled themes from last year. Plus Madden itself is stale. You talk as if people who play MUT don't complain about MUT yet they do.
actually, im not exaggerating. and who said anything about complaints from FIFA/MUT? there are complaints with anything...doesnt matter what the product is. thats never been any part of my argument and you're conflating here. their mode is far more put together than My Team.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...-2015-earnings

nothing im saying is opinion in regards to money that can be made. they know what their customer base wants and they look to grow at all opportunites even thought he mode has seemingly capped out. 2K is not only miles away from this article, but they will likely never see such returns bc of the lack of depth and growth. my suggestions on the first page are in the vein of what they should be doing and im sure there are a lot of people with incredibly valuable suggestions as well.

Last edited by freeagentwallace; 11-19-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...-2015-earnings

nothing im saying is opinion in regards to money that can be made. they know what their customer base wants and they look to grow at all opportunites even thought he mode has seemingly capped out. 2K is not only miles away from this article, but they will likely never see such returns bc of the lack of depth and growth. my suggestions on the first page are in the vein of what they should be doing and im sure there are a lot of people with incredibly valuable suggestions as well.
This is the part where I stop responding because you have no Idea what you are talking about. All your article proves is that companies are making tons of money through in game purchases. Which is the same thing myteam is doing. You have no numbers for 2k to make your assumptions that 2ks mode is not generating enough money. And the article combines 3 different modes MUT/FUT/HUT without specifying how much MUT itself is contributing.

Last edited by start it up; 11-19-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
This is the part where I stop responding because you have no Idea what you are talking about. All your article proves is that companies are making tons of money through in game purchases. Which is the same thing myteam is doing. You have no numbers for 2k to make your assumptions that 2ks mode is not generating enough money. And the article combines 3 different modes MUT/FUT/HUT without specifying how much MUT itself is contributing.
the article directly points to their ultimate team mode as a huge revenue driver. My Team does not equate.

and why in the hell do you keep harping on MUT? Earlier in this thread i referenced FIFA and Madden AND "EA's ULTIMATE TEAM."

what are you really arguing at this point? bc the article makes my point. you haven't one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »