Home

Players That Need Fixing

This is a discussion on Players That Need Fixing within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Players That Need Fixing

Read in another thread that Lowry is broken. I havent played with him tho.

H. Bibby is definitely broken. Played 3 games with him now in Gauntlet and he shot 27 threes and made 4 of them. Normally I wouldnt shoot that many but I just wanted to see if he would start hitting and he wouldnt. He hits some in freestyle but his release is jacked. Someone said ROTY Stoudemire was like this but maybe they fixed him. Prob wont get to H. Bibby as he is not a very popular card.

Why does 87 ovr rated Kiki Vandeweghe have no badges?
Old 12-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
Read in another thread that Lowry is broken. I havent played with him tho.

H. Bibby is definitely broken. Played 3 games with him now in Gauntlet and he shot 27 threes and made 4 of them. Normally I wouldnt shoot that many but I just wanted to see if he would start hitting and he wouldnt. He hits some in freestyle but his release is jacked. Someone said ROTY Stoudemire was like this but maybe they fixed him. Prob wont get to H. Bibby as he is not a very popular card.
I took ROTY Stoudamire into The Gauntlet last week and his threes still seem to miss way too often for someone with an 86 three and 85 offensive consistency. I would still consider his shot form to be broken. But at least they fixed his jersey number to 20.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I took ROTY Stoudamire into The Gauntlet last week and his threes still seem to miss way too often for someone with an 86 three and 85 offensive consistency. I would still consider his shot form to be broken. But at least they fixed his jersey number to 20.
I'll tell u something funny....DR Melo, which is the worst shooting Melo in the game currently....I was killing with from 3 in Gauntlet. way better than with the Amethyst. not sure if it was Gauntlet or the actual DR card itself.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #20
Banned

kiki vandeweghe has absolutely no badges. and came out over a week ago. im not sure anybody at 2K actually works.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
kiki vandeweghe has absolutely no badges. and came out over a week ago. im not sure anybody at 2K actually works.
I mentioned that in this thread. but....there are other players with no badges or the wrong ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 10:24 PM   #22
Rookie

The lack of detail paid to BADGES for Historic players is, frankly, a JOKE. In some cases, it's almost like they didn't even bother trying.

Are some of 2K's roster people just too young to have actually SEEN some of these guys play? Even using that as an excuse is weak sauce, because they could EASILY just go to their community of players for instant feedback.

The really popular Historic players get attention, the Silver or others...not so much. Same thing goes for some of the Bronze players. I think not enough attention is paid to those guys either.

With the lack of actual STEPS in RTTP it basically renders a lot of the Silver players useless...and the lack of badges for Bronze players makes the first 2 levels of RTTP brutal at times.

They have improved the mode though...so that is good.

I still think they should have a batch of EuroLeague cards. It would be cool to add guys like Dario Saric, Rudy Fernandez, Sofoklis Schortsanitis, etc, etc as part of MyTeam.

If they added even more players and more Tiers to RTTP, it would really add some depth.

The other thing is a huge gap between Silver players...and even Gold players. a 70 rated Silver player has almost no value when compared to most 79 rated Silver players.

A 10-point gap in those levels is kinda extreme, especially considering the floor rating for even some of the worst players is 65.

So...ratings go from 65 to 99....and yet a player rated 70 and a player rated 79 overall are on the same "tier". Same goes for Gold.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:20 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
The lack of detail paid to BADGES for Historic players is, frankly, a JOKE. In some cases, it's almost like they didn't even bother trying.

Are some of 2K's roster people just too young to have actually SEEN some of these guys play? Even using that as an excuse is weak sauce, because they could EASILY just go to their community of players for instant feedback.

The really popular Historic players get attention, the Silver or others...not so much. Same thing goes for some of the Bronze players. I think not enough attention is paid to those guys either.

With the lack of actual STEPS in RTTP it basically renders a lot of the Silver players useless...and the lack of badges for Bronze players makes the first 2 levels of RTTP brutal at times.

They have improved the mode though...so that is good.

I still think they should have a batch of EuroLeague cards. It would be cool to add guys like Dario Saric, Rudy Fernandez, Sofoklis Schortsanitis, etc, etc as part of MyTeam.

If they added even more players and more Tiers to RTTP, it would really add some depth.

The other thing is a huge gap between Silver players...and even Gold players. a 70 rated Silver player has almost no value when compared to most 79 rated Silver players.

A 10-point gap in those levels is kinda extreme, especially considering the floor rating for even some of the worst players is 65.

So...ratings go from 65 to 99....and yet a player rated 70 and a player rated 79 overall are on the same "tier". Same goes for Gold.
actually, the ratings start in the 50's. Kapono is 58 ovr. I just think they didnt get around to doing all their work. they have to be reminded or notified or reminded of theses errors. there are many cards in this game that lack badges and it is head scratching.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
actually, the ratings start in the 50's. Kapono is 58 ovr. I just think they didnt get around to doing all their work. they have to be reminded or notified or reminded of theses errors. there are many cards in this game that lack badges and it is head scratching.
Yes....the ratings can get that low, but very few do - which was my point.

There are a couple very lowly rated Bronze cards...but MOST fall between 65 and 69. So even though the ratings can be in the 50's, how many cards are actually there? A couple?

You still have the vast majority of Bronze cards at 65 to 69. So the average 'floor' for an NBA caliber player is right around 65. That means a 10-point gap from 70 to 79 is a BIG difference in skill level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »