Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2015, 03:25 AM   #1
Rookie
 
FLYERS PRIDE's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philly
Domination points

Anyone know what's the trick to get 600+ for the domination games? I'm only on the Brooklyn one and was wondering how I'm gonna beat the harder ones.....
FLYERS PRIDE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 06:02 AM   #2
MVP
 
hanzsomehanz's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Domination points

Attempt 5 3's

Attempt 10ft's

If you achieve those attempts: your shooting percentages in these areas will be counted as bonuses towards your MT points. In effect, this is possibly an additional 100 - 150 points on you can earn towards your total MT score.

Outside of this, you want to run a trap or press defense or a gap defense against the point guard. In effect, you want to force quick cpu transitions that lead to fast break opportunities.

Sprinkle in some post moves and you should be gold.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
__________________
how could I lose? im playing by my own rules..
hanzsomehanz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: Domination points

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Attempt 5 3's

Attempt 10ft's

If you achieve those attempts: your shooting percentages in these areas will be counted as bonuses towards your MT points. In effect, this is possibly an additional 100 - 150 points on you can earn towards your total MT score.

Outside of this, you want to run a trap or press defense or a gap defense against the point guard. In effect, you want to force quick cpu transitions that lead to fast break opportunities.

Sprinkle in some post moves and you should be gold.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
to add to that, I always uses good defensive players and go wild on D. blocks, steals, and FB dunks really add up.
synistr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #4
MVP
 
hanzsomehanz's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Domination points

uploadfromtaptalk1448629330512.jpg

This game recap is taken from a domination game versus historic Toronto Raptors - I beat them by 20+.

Look at the percentage rows and you'll see I went 50% from free throw: turns out I had free throw difficulty maxed out. Usually I would hit 80% or better from free throw. I also would usually drive 100+ points from post which would have net me 900+ MT in this match which is sufficient for even the last historic game.

Blowing out a team will net you a win bonus; it doesn't show up on the recap scoresheet but there is evidence that a win bonus does exist. The bigger your win margin: the bigger your win bonus.

As a strategy tip: perform layups on fastbreaks and sprinkle in dunks when wide open. Layups have higher chances of sinking when running the fast break and are clutch for drawing fouls. My fast break points have improved dramatically since performing layups predominately on the fast break and only using the dunk when wide open.

Again though, I stress that you should play clever and leave a player open intentionally. I prefer to gap the PG. Gaping is a good strategy because the CPU has a built in high rate to miss their open shots so this leads to rebounds for you and quick stops which transition into more time of possession on offense for you.

You're doing yourself a disservice in Domination if you play defense that runs the clock down to final second attempts.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
__________________
how could I lose? im playing by my own rules..
hanzsomehanz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:49 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Re: Domination points

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Look at the percentage rows and you'll see I went 50% from free throw: turns out I had free throw difficulty maxed out.
There isn't a setting to free throw difficulty, is there? I think all one can do is to turn off the AI free throw shaking if you're playing "on the road."

Quote:
Usually I would hit 80% or better from free throw.
Your shooting %'s are a good illustration of how the MT bonus is not a straight conversion of your actual % figure. I forget what the formula is, but it's something like (Shooting %) - 10 = MT Bonus. But not quite that simple: you can end up earning the same or more than your actual % figure if you shoot and make more than the required.

Notice how you made 3 three-pointers and got a bonus of 50. I imagine you went 3/5, which is 60%. So 60 - 10 = 50.

I've been searching for a breakdown for the formula but haven't been able to find it. But from what I remember, in 2K15, after everyone figured out the "shoot two three-pointers and make both and then never take another to earn 100 MT," 2K altered the formula so that you could only get something like 50 MT for going 2-2 and then had to keep shooting and complete at 50%+ in order to get over 50 MT as a bonus.


I also would usually drive 100+ points from post which would have net me 900+ MT in this match which is sufficient for even the last historic game.

Quote:
As a strategy tip: perform layups on fastbreaks and sprinkle in dunks when wide open. Layups have higher chances of sinking when running the fast break and are clutch for drawing fouls. My fast break points have improved dramatically since performing layups predominately on the fast break and only using the dunk when wide open.
I generally just dunk but I think your advice is pretty good for post-Patch-3 play. Especially when playing against historically great rim protectors. In the latter Historic All Star games, I had my ROTY Jordan clanking dunks when he tried to dunk on great centers with good position. And chasedown blocks were more frequent.

Quote:
Again though, I stress that you should play clever and leave a player open intentionally. I prefer to gap the PG. Gaping is a good strategy because the CPU has a built in high rate to miss their open shots so this leads to rebounds for you and quick stops which transition into more time of possession on offense for you.
Definitely a good strategy. Sometimes the CPU doesn't cooperate. I liked leaving my D at Half Court Trap the whole game so that I'd generally get one of three outcomes: 1) a steal, 2 and 3) double-teaming leaves someone open for a mid-range or longer shot that might or might not go in, but generally was not late in the shot clock.

You have to also keep in mind the player ratings for who you're playing. In the late Historic games, you'll play against Magic Johnson three times and he'll never shoot a three unless you're up huge, late, and usually not even then.
harryl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2015, 02:28 AM   #6
Rookie
 
FLYERS PRIDE's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philly
Re: Domination points

Just tried to do press against pistons and they just always pass ahead for easy layup..... Can't seem to reach the points, so frustrating.
FLYERS PRIDE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #7
MVP
 
hanzsomehanz's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Domination points

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERS PRIDE
Just tried to do press against pistons and they just always pass ahead for easy layup..... Can't seem to reach the points, so frustrating.
Use half court trap or press and control the big man so you can defend the basket.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
__________________
how could I lose? im playing by my own rules..
hanzsomehanz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:38 AM   #8
Rookie
 
FLYERS PRIDE's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philly
Re: Domination points

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Use half court trap or press and control the big man so you can defend the basket.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Jus tried that got 636. Barely over my total I needed. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. No idea how I'm gonna do the ones where you need 700+
FLYERS PRIDE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Top -