Home

Guide to Beating Domination and Historic Domination

This is a discussion on Guide to Beating Domination and Historic Domination within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2015, 07:10 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Guide to Beating Domination and Historic Domination

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Props to you on that. It, actually, really messed up my sense of the game. Before Patch 3, I heard about, mastered, and used the L2 Post Move glitch for MT and it became reflex that I couldn't stop from using in RttP/Gauntlet/Challenges. Took me 10-15 games to stop reflexively pulling L2 basically every single time I ever shot the ball.

Other, less, glaring bad habits are still part of how I play.

Good to see how far you can go without going full cheese.
Yeah...I still have some of it carried over from 2K15 - I would cheese the heck out of Larry Johnson and his post fade. LOL.

In the long run, it did help my game in player-vs-player games, as long as I didn't overuse it. With this year's improved post game, I see it could be a nice weapon to have in the back pocket against some teams that want to play small ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 08:15 PM   #42
Rookie

Post fadeaway cheesedoesnt wok for me, it just wont give give me +5 for Post move. if i backed down for long time enough to be able to get post move but it won't count as assist
Old 03-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincythunder
Post fadeaway cheesedoesnt wok for me, it just wont give give me +5 for Post move. if i backed down for long time enough to be able to get post move but it won't count as assist
You can't get the Post Move bonus, or the Assist bonus, or both? You can't get the Assist bonus if you take too long to shoot after receiving pass, obviously.

When you shoot the Post Fade, you're holding down L2 right? Some guy in a Reddit thread was complaining they can't get Post Move bonuses and it turned out that he didn't know to hold down L2 and thus wasn't even taking post shots...
Old 03-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
You can't get the Post Move bonus, or the Assist bonus, or both? You can't get the Assist bonus if you take too long to shoot after receiving pass, obviously.

When you shoot the Post Fade, you're holding down L2 right? Some guy in a Reddit thread was complaining they can't get Post Move bonuses and it turned out that he didn't know to hold down L2 and thus wasn't even taking post shots...
i only can get either of one, and yeah obviously i know how lol. if i shoot fadeaway right away it doesn't count as post move. if i hold it in the post and make a bucket. i get post move but not assist.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #45
Rookie

theoneandbigboi's Arena

Having trouble on the 96 bulls

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincythunder
i only can get either of one, and yeah obviously i know how lol. if i shoot fadeaway right away it doesn't count as post move. if i hold it in the post and make a bucket. i get post move but not assist.
Well, unless there's some kind of weird glitch that has taken hold, then you're doing something wrong. Maybe you think you're quickly shooting a fadeaway but it's not a post fadeaway because you haven't gotten L2 fully pressed, or haven't given your guy enough time to fully enter into post-up position.

Pass into post, do one dribble/bump against defender, then shoot. That should be about the right timing.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandbigboi
Having trouble on the 96 bulls
If you want advice beyond all the stuff in this thread already, you should provide more detail on what you're having problems with. And also screencaps of your box scores, Team Comparisons and MT score screens.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #48
Rookie

theoneandbigboi's Arena

Quote:
If you want advice beyond all the stuff in this thread already, you should provide more detail on what you're having problems with. And also screencaps of your box scores, Team Comparisons and MT score screens.
Well i don't have screencaps

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »