Home

Team-building strategies without spending money.

This is a discussion on Team-building strategies without spending money. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Team-building strategies without spending money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
EVERY card has some value. What you must do is find out which ones have how much value and buy below that. I make a minimum of 15k per day..and thats a lightweight day as far as AH trading.

Right now, the Gold board on Gauntlet is on fire. I played 2 games today and got 4 gold badges, Deadeye and Limitless Range were 2 of them. I personally dont sell my badges unless I dont need them at the particular time but for someone else, thats a quick come up.
That's crazy man. No exaggeration the last three or four gold boards I've played have taken all 10 games to get the gold card, no good badges, and the best player I got was Melo.

I'll try everyone's advice on the AH though, I didn't know jerseys could sell for more than 250
Old 12-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanything2
That's crazy man. No exaggeration the last three or four gold boards I've played have taken all 10 games to get the gold card, no good badges, and the best player I got was Melo.

I'll try everyone's advice on the AH though, I didn't know jerseys could sell for more than 250
yeah, I play the 10k board but I havent gotten anything of value in the past 3 weeks. they must have changed something. I havent gotten a gold player or a single badge in 3 weeks! just contracts and bronze cards. (I never got many badges from that board anyway)

I never did the jerseys, but I used to make a killing from the playbooks. I have since taken playbooks out of my list of sale items. I have about 10 bronze players that I make plenty off of. but listen to these guys advice, this stuff isnt hard to get. especially shoe cards and badges.

today, there are a bunch of gold players available for 2k or less. I would grab some if I were you to help your team. they will be cheap all weekend.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
EVERY card has some value. What you must do is find out which ones have how much value and buy below that. I make a minimum of 15k per day..and thats a lightweight day as far as AH trading.

Right now, the Gold board on Gauntlet is on fire. I played 2 games today and got 4 gold badges, Deadeye and Limitless Range were 2 of them. I personally dont sell my badges unless I dont need them at the particular time but for someone else, thats a quick come up.
If i may ask, how much time does it take to get that 15k by "playing" the auction house?
Old 12-04-2015, 06:25 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
If i may ask, how much time does it take to get that 15k by "playing" the auction house?
you have to have a system. last year I spent way too much time on the AH because I didnt have an organization....just addicted to sniping. I sniped just about every major card out there but I found myself spending more time on the AH than playing games. Now I have a system and the cards I look for, so I basically do a search after I play a game. I play a lot. about 4 hours a day. so not including the time to play a game, about an hour to 90 min you can make 10-15k. (I let my auctions run when I go to bed)

the key is to KNOW the sweet spot price of the cards you are selling and turn em.....DONT BE GREEDY or your cards wont sell!
Old 12-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
you have to have a system. last year I spent way too much time on the AH because I didnt have an organization....just addicted to sniping. I sniped just about every major card out there but I found myself spending more time on the AH than playing games. Now I have a system and the cards I look for, so I basically do a search after I play a game. I play a lot. about 4 hours a day. so not including the time to play a game, about an hour to 90 min you can make 10-15k. (I let my auctions run when I go to bed)

the key is to KNOW the sweet spot price of the cards you are selling and turn em.....DONT BE GREEDY or your cards wont sell!
Thanks for clearing that up. That's way too much time for me though, especially knowing we can just get 400k mt for 50€ assuming those sites are legit, if not we can get 200k vc from 2k for 50 or even 400k if they do the promotion this year. Let's say 10k/hour, that's 40 hours to save me 50€, hell even if i'm really good (unlikely) at sniping and i can do it in 20 hours that's still a lot of time wasted on something so boring (to me anyway).

My days of work and traffic are tedious enough as it is, i think i'll just go ahead and shell out the money if i want more mt. IF i want more, because i can't say i'm really enjoying the mode (gameplay in general) this year. Now that i think about it, who knows, sniping might actually be less annoying than playing a bunch of cheesers. Maybe i should just stick to offline until the next patch.

I wonder how those guys selling mt get it, i can't imagine them getting that much by playing the auction house.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 06:23 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up. That's way too much time for me though, especially knowing we can just get 400k mt for 50€ assuming those sites are legit, if not we can get 200k vc from 2k for 50 or even 400k if they do the promotion this year. Let's say 10k/hour, that's 40 hours to save me 50€, hell even if i'm really good (unlikely) at sniping and i can do it in 20 hours that's still a lot of time wasted on something so boring (to me anyway).

My days of work and traffic are tedious enough as it is, i think i'll just go ahead and shell out the money if i want more mt. IF i want more, because i can't say i'm really enjoying the mode (gameplay in general) this year. Now that i think about it, who knows, sniping might actually be less annoying than playing a bunch of cheesers. Maybe i should just stick to offline until the next patch.

I wonder how those guys selling mt get it, i can't imagine them getting that much by playing the auction house.

I am not aware of the sites you speak of.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
a couple of refreshes if you know what to look for
Old 12-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
a couple of refreshes if you know what to look for
yeah, it doesnt take that long. I made 100k over the weekend and I didnt have time to play an actual game. I was doing some work around the house and would just come in periodically and refresh. the market was great this weekend. found a lot of cards for cheap and resold. it adds up even quicker when you are not sitting there spending it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »