Home

Poorman alternatives to pricey players.

This is a discussion on Poorman alternatives to pricey players. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Poorman alternatives to pricey players.

Hope this gets read and added to. We all want a pure amethyst lineup, but MT grinding sucks. Cant justify anything over 25k at this point in my game. Been holding off on Bulls Pippens bc I'll have Historic Dom done in a few days, and those cards' ratings don't justify the market price if you ask me.

Bang-for-buck or poorman's...

Here's my lineup, just for reference....

Kidd/Kyrie
Tmac/Francis
Melo/Kawhi
Dwight/LMA
Whiteside/Deandre

My lineup would prob never work for RTTP, with 2 Cs at 4 and 5. Most of my gameplay is Dom and Gauntlet anyways.

*I ALWAYS use speed or steal shoes for 1-3. Vert, contest or speed shoes for 4 and 5. Badges are clutch. Keep an eye on the market. Pick pocket and the rebounding badges are cheap and effective. Brick wall and Bruiser as well. Don't worry about the super expensive ones like Deadeye and Limitless.

Absolutely love the current Hassan card. I was gonna get Dikembe but said eff it. Whiteside is a rebounding and block machine. And very affordable. Badge upgrades make this card a fantastic inexpensive alternative. I don't rely on him for any sort of consistent offense. Just putbacks.

Kidd is free, so can't get cheaper than that. He is WELL worth the grind. I hope pipp is as impressive. But Kidd does it all and even has Crasher badges. Love using him.

Tmac is my most valuable card MT-wise. 3rd or 4th time I've owned him. Now that I've got some MT saved up I'll prob handle on to him. He's a beast. Don't let the defensive ratings turn you off. Surround him with good defenders on your squad and let him run the break.

Butler and Kawhi are interchangeable IMO. I ditched PG because Kawhi and Butler are cheaper. That being said, PG13 Current is a STEAL at 15-20k. I just didn't need his entire skillset. I'll prob pick him back up when I start on the RTTP grind. He really is a fantastic pick up.

Melo's Melo. Offensive superstar. Consistent as hell. Great post fade For cheese as well. For 10k, you can't go wrong. Add a speed shoe and you're set.

I'll add more later.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Poorman alternatives to pricey players.

Tmac with a +9 shoe should be in everyone's lineup. He just burns by anyone for drives, although his stamina burns up quick.

Can be found for less than 15k if you're patient.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:30 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark987soul
Tmac with a +9 shoe should be in everyone's lineup. He just burns by anyone for drives, although his stamina burns up quick.

Can be found for less than 15k if you're patient.

He is an awesome scoring threat....but EVEN cheaper alternatives that I feel are just as good are ROTY Vince and Grant Hill. put same shoes on them and they are like 99/90 as well. T-Mac is a better scorer but the other two are better defenders/passers....not to mention way more durable.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #4
Banned

Good to know. I haven't been able to find that Vince for under 25k tho. :/

Old 12-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
He is an awesome scoring threat....but EVEN cheaper alternatives that I feel are just as good are ROTY Vince and Grant Hill. put same shoes on them and they are like 99/90 as well. T-Mac is a better scorer but the other two are better defenders/passers....not to mention way more durable.
Any cards come to mind when I say I want to replace Melo w someone better on D that can still fade cheese? Aside from Durant. Too touch for my blood.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #6
Banned

Nique? Not gonna pay 40k+ for Hawks version. I haven't tried out Either. Gonna grab a Clippers one.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:10 PM   #7
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark987soul
Any cards come to mind when I say I want to replace Melo w someone better on D that can still fade cheese? Aside from Durant. Too touch for my blood.

Get Kawhi. He has better shooting stats, is more athletic, and is the best defender after Jordan that I've used. Melo is still a far better option due to his much quicker release and better moves, but Kawhi is a monster. He has all the good defensive badges as well.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 12-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_cow_tipper
Get Kawhi. He has better shooting stats, is more athletic, and is the best defender after Jordan that I've used. Melo is still a far better option due to his much quicker release and better moves, but Kawhi is a monster. He has all the good defensive badges as well.
Good call....But I got him. He's on my A squad. Here's today's team
Tmac/Kyrie
Kawhi/Butler
PG/Nique
Lma/Melo
Dikembe/Deandre/Dwight

Till today I was strictly using a conventional PF. But picked up Nique, liked his attacking and hated jumper. So now Melo is at 4 on my bench squad. Previously, he was at the 3 and I would use a pair of my 3 centers and even sometimes use Whiteside. I want to like Love more, as he had done good for me, but I find his defense lacking. Not sure that Melo is a better option, but like you said ....his release is butter and that's enough to keep him in the mix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »