Home

What 2K promoted and what they did...

This is a discussion on What 2K promoted and what they did... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What 2K promoted and what they did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
you just compared an entire game......to the OP's complaints about one specific mode. Best reach of the night by far.
Except for how I talked about individual component of MyTeam, and how I've only gotten through a fraction of them.

And the part where I contextualize my opinion as my own and in the context of my own life.

Don't think I was "reaching" in any way.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:36 PM   #10
MVP

As soon as Live bombed 2k was like F it, we're good.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:46 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Except for how I talked about individual component of MyTeam, and how I've only gotten through a fraction of them.

And the part where I contextualize my opinion as my own and in the context of my own life.

Don't think I was "reaching" in any way.
contextualizing in your incredibly sarcastic way was an aside. the comparison is still the crux of the argument. to which you compared the depth of an entire game(along with what you added about MT) to one specific mode and the valid gripes against said mode.

reach indeed....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 01:08 AM   #12
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Overall, I'm very happy with MyTeam this year. The weekly challenges are kind of worthless, but I overlook that as I have enough other stuff to entertain me.

The main difference I've noticed this year is that there is basically no reason to collect cards. Last year, I felt inclined to collect all the cards to get the sapphire or historic player because I might actually use them and they're just nice to have. This year, you get a team ball. You're probably only going to use one ball in your entire career and never change it if you're like me. Dynamic collections don't even have rewards.

I understand the MT rewards get exploited and all that stuff, but just give us an untradeable card like a rewards Iggy, Shaun Livingston, or anybody like that. That would at least give people a reason to collect the cards, and I t's not going to break the game. The way the new ratings system is scaled I really don't think anything could break the game as bad as it was last year at the end. They've come a long way just off the ratings and gameplay alone. We don't give them enough credit for that.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 12-08-2015, 01:14 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_cow_tipper
Overall, I'm very happy with MyTeam this year. The weekly challenges are kind of worthless, but I overlook that as I have enough other stuff to entertain me.

The main difference I've noticed this year is that there is basically no reason to collect cards. Last year, I felt inclined to collect all the cards to get the sapphire or historic player because I might actually use them and they're just nice to have. This year, you get a team ball. You're probably only going to use one ball in your entire career and never change it if you're like me. Dynamic collections don't even have rewards.

I understand the MT rewards get exploited and all that stuff, but just give us an untradeable card like a rewards Iggy, Shaun Livingston, or anybody like that. That would at least give people a reason to collect the cards, and I t's not going to break the game. The way the new ratings system is scaled I really don't think anything could break the game as bad as it was last year at the end. They've come a long way just off the ratings and gameplay alone. We don't give them enough credit for that.

because the ratings are often contradictory and half-assed....or not even updated........and the gameplay alone isnt enough. especially when the mode lacks depth. when you beat rttp, then what? when you beat both Doms....then what? there is nothing left. you could beat all of these in 2 weeks. you have to deliberately not play in order to give the game replay value. that sucks ***.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:25 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_cow_tipper

Exactly...this game is vastly improved over last year.

I am a big fan of MyTeam...I just wish they made the mode less arcade-y and a little deeper. I've always looked at it as a team-building sandbox mode...and I'm not sure 2K looks at it the same way.

I think they see it more as an arcade version for younger players and not as much for the SIM crowd.

I really wish they'd find a way to balance the desires of both of those two audiences in MyTeam. The difficulty level and not being set to "Simulation" in RTTP is just one example.

The lack of depth in RTTP is another - i.e. the way it jumps from a battle of scrubs (1 Silver 12 Bronze) to 3 Gold to Unrestricted...it would be cool to see more tiers, adding a strategy element of roster-building to that mode.

Or...give us ways to play games against other players WITH roster restrictions. Almost like a challenge but against other players not the CPU. Just a few is all that is needed. Just to give players OTHER options besides just a battle of 13 Amethyst and/or Gold players battling.

The only other complaint I have is the way they are handling some of the Historic players. Parts of that feel kinda lazy. Especially when it comes to Badges.

I'm also a little disappointed that they ADDED players this year, but it looks like they also removed some as well. That's a bummer.

I know one of the first players I looked for was Anthony Mason (RIP)...and was bummed not to see him. Although maybe he is gone for another reason...because other Knicks like Starks, etc are still in the game.

Last edited by 2kNerd; 12-08-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:29 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

I always hold every iteration of MyTEAM to the original version MyTEAM that debuted in NBA 2K13. In 2K13, not only were booster packs a hell of a lot cheaper than they are in 2K16 but every current player that you wanted to play with from the beginning was available in the marketplace to purchase right away with Historic players being available only through the booster packs. In the first month of its release, I had gotten John Stockton, Penny Hardaway and Clyde Drexler through the booster packs and this was before the weird 2 guard drought where it took 2K literally months to fix to get good shooting guards in packs. Point being, that was in the first month of its release which I'm sure all players were available but the odds of actually getting them were surely one in a million. In the first month of 2K16, we only manage to get Throwback Thursday packs who's main highlight was an Amethyst Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard. Some of the Throwback Thursday weeks were headlined by complete garbage. Like seriously, we got a 2011 Michael Beasely. That man didn't do crap for that Minnesota Timberwolves team, why is 2K releasing a card for such mediocre players? To me, the promise of a better mode doesn't begin with Michael Beasely, Dahntay Jones, AK47, or anyone that was released in last year's game. I don't believe it's that hard to release players that weren't recycled from 2K15. There are still a number of players yet to be released in any game. Rafer Alston, Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury if he would consent to use his rights, Rasheed Wallace, etc...

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 06:45 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd

Exactly...this game is vastly improved over last year.

I am a big fan of MyTeam...I just wish they made the mode less arcade-y and a little deeper. I've always looked at it as a team-building sandbox mode...and I'm not sure 2K looks at it the same way.

I think they see it more as an arcade version for younger players and not as much for the SIM crowd.

I really wish they'd find a way to balance the desires of both of those two audiences in MyTeam. The difficulty level and not being set to "Simulation" in RTTP is just one example.

The lack of depth in RTTP is another - i.e. the way it jumps from a battle of scrubs (1 Silver 12 Bronze) to 3 Gold to Unrestricted...it would be cool to see more tiers, adding a strategy element of roster-building to that mode.

Or...give us ways to play games against other players WITH roster restrictions. Almost like a challenge but against other players not the CPU. Just a few is all that is needed. Just to give players OTHER options besides just a battle of 13 Amethyst and/or Gold players battling.

The only other complaint I have is the way they are handling some of the Historic players. Parts of that feel kinda lazy. Especially when it comes to Badges.

I'm also a little disappointed that they ADDED players this year, but it looks like they also removed some as well. That's a bummer.

I know one of the first players I looked for was Anthony Mason (RIP)...and was bummed not to see him. Although maybe he is gone for another reason...because other Knicks like Starks, etc are still in the game.
+1

I was wondering what the difference was on Play Now from RTTP

Simulation > Default

The unrestricted seeds are straight up like NBA Jam

Would love to see tournaments and more balance to MyTeam online.

I like the idea of multiplayer challenges but I can NEVER get a match.

The game is better in many respects but still yrs behind what EA has been doing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »